Pages:
Author

Topic: Half bread is better than none - page 8. (Read 1394 times)

copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
October 27, 2020, 02:39:21 PM
Altcoins are really scary, if you can do some research you will see many good altcoins that had very good start and value in 2018 and are still alive today but we never heard anything good from them anymore for some reasons, they are now like ghosts, honestly altcoin investment is more scary, this is why its better to always take profit, most especially from new altcoins, Profit is Profit, either big or small.

This is true, altcoins or rather a good number of them are really something else. 2018 is even far, let's talk about this year alone, going through many telegram groups you will see that in many projects today nothing is happening, no presence of the team, no development, no platform updates and so on, and you will just be wondering what the fate of those who invested because they believed will be. Or about those who are still holding, what they will be thinking of. Most telegram groups today are dead, spam messages here and there, while the coin keeps dropping in value.
Therefore, having all these in mind, I totally agree with you, profit is profit, and it's good to learn when to sell and exit a project. On the other hand, there are still altcoins which are worth holding, this starts with Ethereum, BNB and so on.
Activity: 1249
Merit: 506
October 27, 2020, 02:31:55 PM
that is a very true statement. If you look at the situation from the past, it's better to take big or small profits, because that's better. it's just that sometimes the potential of an altcoin is quite large, and many people prefer to hold back rather than take a small profit.
things like this also very much happened from 2017 to 2019. the proof is that until now there are still many people who hold back altcoins that used to choose high prices, but have not been sold until now, and are still waiting for the price to rise again.
Most altcoin projects once turned into a pile of trash it will never return, those who are trying to wait for it to come back are only disappointed.
The best way to deal with such coins is to sell it now, of course the investor will suffer a heavy loss but it is more than losing everything.
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
October 27, 2020, 02:11:12 PM
yes, that's what must be done at this time. predicting the current altcoin price is very difficult, although actually holding altcoins allows us to get many times the advantage of holding bitcoin. the sheer number of new altcoins has instead left traders and investors a little overwhelmed choosing which ones are worth holding. I like your proverb  Grin
The cryptocurrency market will become monotonous without altcoin projects, then perhaps bitcoin will rise in price to $ 100,000.
Investing in altcoin may seem risky but it also brings a lot of profit, if we have enough knowledge and experience to choose a good altcoin project we will surely reap great profits.
Activity: 680
Merit: 255
October 27, 2020, 02:08:18 PM
Because anyone can issue their own coin, junk altcoins are popping up everywhere and many people lose money because of them. But we cannot conclude that all altcoin projects are trash and not worth investing in. There are still a lot of good altcoins working in the crypto market, you can see that the coins in the top 20 of the market are pretty good altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1026
In Search of Incredible
October 27, 2020, 01:49:56 PM
~ honestly altcoin investment is more scary, this is why its better utto always take profit, most especially from new altcoins, ~
It is scary if you invest in new altcoins. There are few top altcoins in marketcap and those coins really doing well since launch. New coins may help you to get big profit but not guaranteed. Even you can loss your money by investing in scam project.
It's true that a lot of crypto haven't showed any good movement after the first few months of 2018. Just avoid those dead coin. Choose the top alts which have strong position and try to make profit slowly but surely from them. You need to provide hard effort for doing this.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
October 27, 2020, 01:14:51 PM
Altcoins are really scary, if you can do some research you will see many good altcoins that had very good start and value in 2018 and are still alive today but we never heard anything good from them anymore for some reasons, they are now like ghosts, honestly altcoin investment is more scary, this is why its better to always take profit, most especially from new altcoins, Profit is Profit, either big or small.

too scary if we choose the wrong altcoins, but if we choose and drop our money in the right altcoins, such as ethereum, binance coin, polkadot and chainlink
altcoins become a good bread to eat roti yang enak
regards
Activity: 648
Merit: 114
October 27, 2020, 01:11:31 PM
i think you were thinking to new altcoins honestly i can tell you that most of them are unsuccessful if you up just for the profit better buy altcoins with huge volume in the market and trade on it but if you wanted to support projects that's the only time you will invest to the project in the start.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
October 27, 2020, 12:19:40 PM
Taking profit as quickly as you can is basically the way to go with altcoin trading, there is no need to keep this type of profit going for a long time or hold some small obscure coin, there is too much risk involved and there is nothing big going on in most of them so whenever you take a small profit out of it that should be enough for you.

Obviously I am not saying you should be not trading at all, you should be doing that, but if you make like 10 bucks profit on a 1000 dollar investment, even that would be enough, do not hope for huge gains. There are few out there who would make you tons of profit, 10-20% even more but those are rare, so if you can get even 1% profit just get out when you can. Do your investments long term only on established coins that has been around for a while.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
October 27, 2020, 11:43:22 AM
And the scenario is not changing there are still a lot of new coins coming in the market some of them launching ICO, they are still trying to squeeze money from investors, it's almost like an endless cycle we never know when it's going to end, maybe it will end if investors become wise  enough not to invest on projects that looks shady.
I believe that the CoinMarketCap rating has long been showing real cryptocurrencies that are trusted in the cryptocurrency market and that have real prospects for the future. I believe that up to this day, everything that could be created the best has already been created. Even the most popular DeFi projects today, which create excitement in the cryptocurrency market, are not very different from ICOs and will have the same results and consequences as in 2018.
Activity: 259
Merit: 17
October 27, 2020, 09:49:47 AM
And the scenario is not changing there are still a lot of new coins coming in the market some of them launching ICO, they are still trying to squeeze money from investors, it's almost like an endless cycle we never know when it's going to end, maybe it will end if investors become wise  enough not to invest on projects that looks shady.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
October 27, 2020, 09:47:00 AM
Yes, I agree with that observation mate, Because I'm also experienced that feeling during 2018, Honestly speaking I'm just only speculating to buy and hold some new altcoins in my portfolio without proper researched and hoping that in 2019 there will be another bull run, but when 2019 arrives most of my holdings are already worthless, but I learned my mistakes now thats why I'm taking extra precaution while buying and holding altcoins and when I see something wrong I immediately sell it to avoid further losses.  
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
October 27, 2020, 09:42:17 AM
Truly said. You can hold bitcoin and some altcoins for a long term if you believe they'd be much bullish in the future.
But if you still want to take the risk for a greater reward, don't just jump 100% on a new coin. However promising it may look, diversify your portfolio with different types of coins. Don't put more than 50% on the same coin.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 27, 2020, 09:10:07 AM

Well that's how crypto is all about none of the alts are unique, they spark if BTC goes up and down pour if the same goes down still they are dependent on BTC.

During their launch they come up with different ideas but unfortunately in reality they will end up with fail, Still Alts are good but it's upto btc price Cool
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
October 27, 2020, 08:48:35 AM

most especially from new altcoins, Profit is Profit, either big or small.

I also see.many people who have had some benefit from altcoins are those who sold as profit is reach from the point of hodling. Even bounty reward have made some participants a good life and happiness because they sell early after distribution. Some altcoins reach to their peak at time of distribution.
Hunters always know the risk of selling early or the risk of selling too late, there’s no other way but to create a decisions that you wont regret later on. If you have tokens that you are still holding for a year or more now think again and know when you are going to sell your holdings. If there’s no progress at all then its hard to tell the future of those tokens and maybe they’ll die sooner or later.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
October 27, 2020, 08:40:59 AM
Being greedy will put you into this kind of situation so if there’s a chance to take profit then do it as early as possible because we don’t know what will happen next to that project. I have to agree on this one that many token are good before during the bull market but not they didn’t make any progress so I don’t think they will recover easily on the next trend, in short don’t be greedy and sell on your target price.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
October 27, 2020, 08:32:38 AM

most especially from new altcoins, Profit is Profit, either big or small.

I also see.many people who have had some benefit from altcoins are those who sold as profit is reach from the point of hodling. Even bounty reward have made some participants a good life and happiness because they sell early after distribution. Some altcoins reach to their peak at time of distribution.
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
October 27, 2020, 08:23:49 AM
In this space, there is a possibility of one making a lot of profit from a single trade, but that does not come everyday. Its best to smart and don't end up leaving with a loss because of greed. You may be unable to make a huge sum of money from one trade, but making little profits from several trade isn't a bad choice. We need to Learn how to trade with the mindset of earning without the greed of making excess profit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
October 27, 2020, 08:12:36 AM
You have a good fighting spirit there OP in regards with your thinking over the bounty rewarsds. I agree with you that a reward that could be monetize is considered as profit may it be big or small rewards the good thing is that it can be help like converting it to currency to spend in daily life needs.

I see there good projects that pays well like the UNI rewards coins. Many had earn on it and they are lucky to get quite good amount from just using the platform.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 258
October 27, 2020, 08:06:20 AM
Indeed it is like that. I'm just looking for profit from altcoins, after that I exchange the profit into bitcoin. So I am very relaxed and don't need to panic if anything happens to the previous altcoins, whether that's the reason it doesn't work or a scam, I've anticipated it first.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
October 27, 2020, 05:53:47 AM
Profit is indeed profit, be it 10% or 110%.
Point is to be realistic about it. Many people (including myself in the past) want some shitcoin to be a hidden gem, the next bitcoin.
You gotta realize that's like 1 in a million. Like YFI, most of us shrugged it, some went balls deep in it and are now rich. But who knew?

Set realistic goals, take profit where you can, and leave some small % (like 5 or 10) for a hail mary scenario.
Pages:
Jump to: