Pages:
Author

Topic: Hardware Bitcoin Wallet - page 4. (Read 4803 times)

Activity: 637
Merit: 502
October 06, 2012, 12:24:48 PM
Why do they need you?

For the drawing part.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
October 06, 2012, 12:24:32 PM
Specifically, I need:
  • A businessman, who will keep track of orders, outsourcing production, making bulletpoins, etc.
  • An electrical engineer, who can design a PCB with the needed components.
  • A programmer, who can help me in making the PC UI, the µc firmware, auditing etc.
Why do they need you?
He is Jobs reincarnated.

Seriously, i think he is taking the business risk (eg, risk of losing everything invested into this if this dosen't work too well).
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
October 06, 2012, 12:20:05 PM
Specifically, I need:
  • A businessman, who will keep track of orders, outsourcing production, making bulletpoins, etc.
  • A programmer, who can help me in making the PC UI, the µc firmware, auditing etc.
Why do they need you?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
October 06, 2012, 11:58:26 AM
So, I have an idea for a secure, cheap and easy to use "hardware wallet".

It will be a small USB stick with a display and two buttons, as pictured here.

Not the final design

Why would I need one of these?

• It's much more secure than doing your transactions on your computer
  • It's easier than using an offline computer or a Live CD to sign your transactions, yet just as secure
  • You retain total control over your wallets
  • If it is lost or stolen, it's still password protected, so you can restore from paper backup and recover your money

Easy, you say? Describe a transaction workflow!

OK, say you want to make a transaction. You fill out four things in the PC client: the wallet to transfer from, the amount of BTC, the destination address and the password for the wallet.
You press OK, and the transaction is sent to the device via USB for signing. On the device you see the amount, wallet and destination, and you press the OK button. The device sends the signed transaction back to the PC, and the PC client publishes the transaction on the 'net.

Why can't I buy this already?

I cannot make this by myself, I need some help.

Specifically, I need:
  • A businessman, who will keep track of orders, outsourcing production, making bulletpoints, etc.

There will be no normal pay, but you will receive a fair share of any profits and a share in the company if we decide to keep it rolling.

What's it called?

Nobody knows yet. If you have a great name for it, write it in this thread and you may win 3 BTC, as well as eternal bragging rights.

Anything else I should know?
Expected price: USD 12-15
More info: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/proposal-hardware-wallet-win-3-btc-115294
Pages:
Jump to: