Pages:
Author

Topic: hardware wallets safe? - page 10. (Read 10196 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 250
June 30, 2019, 10:23:46 AM
I really like Trezor hardware wallet, it is very easy to use and very safe, I have not heard and have not seen that someone managed to crack it, and its price is low.
Activity: 6
Merit: 2
June 25, 2019, 03:31:10 AM
A USB Key is safe if it is a "cold wallet" that means it is not connected.
You can also have a netbook or a small laptop with your wallet and you connect it only to transfer from your wallet to the exchange. That's safe too.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 24, 2019, 06:29:37 PM
In this world nothing is safe when the question is about your data or security. So hardware wallet also could be not safe. But hardware wallet is the safest among all the wallets available. I saw some video where people are hacking hardware wallets. But the one single massage all of them give that is your security is in your hand if you are careful enough then it's hard for people to hack your wallets. Even if you are using online of paper or even normal key wallets. So be careful and if you have some extra money always go for the hardware wallet
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
June 24, 2019, 04:33:16 PM
I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?

Actually I think its the safest way to store your crypto because its almost impossible to compromise compared to online wallet. Unlike online wallet, hardware wallet are not subject to hacking and stolen security information. There are also a lot of phishing sites in online wallet so its very vulnerable. Anyway, no matter what wallet you used, if you are careless, it doesn't matter at all. So always be discreet and careful.
 I think these hardware wallets are not bad to store your coins in if you are not trading over an exchange. You would be very safe from a hack that could affect the wallets over the exchange but in this case, you would not be able to trade your coins for money. The benefits that are there if you keep your coins in hot wallet are way to more than if you keep it in cold wallet.
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
June 24, 2019, 04:21:54 PM
I think hardware wallet have always been the safest, because it is not connected to the Internet and it requires physical interaction before it can get hacked.

But why do you need a hardware device? Piece of paper containing private keys is enough. Hardware device can't be hacked but can be physically broken easy
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
Bountyhive.io
June 24, 2019, 04:09:09 PM
I think hardware wallet have always been the safest, because it is not connected to the Internet and it requires physical interaction before it can get hacked.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
June 24, 2019, 10:12:39 AM
I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?

Actually I think its the safest way to store your crypto because its almost impossible to compromise compared to online wallet. Unlike online wallet, hardware wallet are not subject to hacking and stolen security information. There are also a lot of phishing sites in online wallet so its very vulnerable. Anyway, no matter what wallet you used, if you are careless, it doesn't matter at all. So always be discreet and careful.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
June 24, 2019, 05:07:33 AM
hardware wallets are safe when compared to online wallets in a sense that they are solely controlled by you unlike online wallets which are controlled (I  mean the website's servers) by a third party so when the site is offline, you lose everything even if you have the password as most of them do not provide private keys. It is better to use a hardware wallet if you fear a website may steal you and I personally use them because most of them do not have access to your private keys as they do not keep a backup of your keys.

The problem that often occurs in our wallet is hacking and the safest way to prevent it is to always look at wallet website security when visiting it. Besides that, always don't visit suspicious website links. But if we have a lot of valuable coins, hardwallet is a safe choice
Most people that has had viruses enter their system is not because they purposely want to  visit some fishy sites, in this internet world where we have so many people that wants to make money from ad adverts, you see even genuine sites approving Facebook ad and some of this ad which you can mistakenly click on contains these viruses.

Therefore, the best any crypto user can do is to make sure they install a very reliable and strong antivirus tool to protect their system, and for any of their wallet, there is need to encrypt it with a very strong password that it will take the hacker over 100 years to crack.
Activity: 135
Merit: 2
xrp shitcoin is SCAM - get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 23, 2019, 09:05:01 PM
You're right. Hardware wallets are very safe and recommended by many to use them. So if you are thinking whether to buy it, I can definitely tell you what it's worth.
Wallets are recommended where you have the private key or seeed to rephrase it later. Every time you have your private keys exposed online you can be possibly be hacked. That doesn't mean that you will be necessarily be hacked.
There are so many peeps having their coins stuck somewhere because they have no access....
Same result like hacked!
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
June 23, 2019, 06:37:45 PM
You're right. Hardware wallets are very safe and recommended by many to use them. So if you are thinking whether to buy it, I can definitely tell you what it's worth.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
June 23, 2019, 04:13:32 PM
what say u?
What say me? lol /Going back on topic,we have several types of wallets which do entirely depend on what we do need.If we do make use for long term/cold storages
then hardware wallets would be the best choice or even those air-gapped pc/laptop would do but when it comes to handy thing then these wallets are much more recommended.Its not totally safe yet 100% isnt impossible since these are prone to damage and lost thats why you should really be sensible on backing up everything just incase for unexpected things might happen.
Activity: 406
June 23, 2019, 04:06:43 PM
Personally, I think that hardware wallets are much safer than regular ones.  Let it be a little more expensive to maintain, but still your money remains safe.
Activity: 910
Merit: 284
June 23, 2019, 03:31:51 PM

what say u?
everything had the problem involved in it we cannot give the hundred percent insurance for anything because everything had the disadvantage also but in hardware wallets you can be more safer that is the only things available in it.
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
June 23, 2019, 03:04:45 PM
Hardware wallet is the most secure of all wallets for crypto-holders. I don't hear about cases of hacking this wallets, only if the owner of this wallet not made some mistake.

Another case is that some buyers of old cold wallets are resold on the internet. If the seller is not guaranteed, there will also be risks with such cold wallets
Authorized resellers are the only people are allowed for trade the hardware crypto wallets. It is not safe to buy the used or new hardware wallets on the Ebay and similar electron shopping sites.
It is definitely necessary only to buy hardware wallets directly. It is not very safe when we buy wallets on trading floors or shops.
Activity: 474
June 23, 2019, 01:50:49 PM
Hardware wallet is the most secure of all wallets for crypto-holders. I don't hear about cases of hacking this wallets, only if the owner of this wallet not made some mistake.

Another case is that some buyers of old cold wallets are resold on the internet. If the seller is not guaranteed, there will also be risks with such cold wallets
June 23, 2019, 12:15:05 PM
Hardware wallet is the most secure way to store your cryptocurrencies, i use a hardware wallet Trezor and have never seen that someone was able to crack it.
Activity: 595
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
June 23, 2019, 11:39:10 AM
Yes, hacking into a hardware wallet is very difficult, but the real challenge is that no one has yet been able to do so.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
June 23, 2019, 07:38:22 AM
I would say those are what you can call a safe box on your own. Since they work as a flash drive and a safe box which takes care of the money you stored in your digital crypto wallet. These are the safest and most convenient way to store all of the hard-earned profit and lets you felt at ease against hackers.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
June 23, 2019, 07:24:31 AM
Yes offline wallets are proven to be safe but regardless there are online wallets that I will say are compelled to be very functional and safe

i agree on you when you say that there are online wallets that are safe . this was the reason on why i kept on using online wallet and i never get myself a hardware wallet  . itll only depend on the user if how cautios enough on handling his account   .

if you know what you are doing you will never find any issues on using an online wallet but of course except from natural events like when the main wallet is down or if they have been hi jacked because that isnt your fault already   .
copper member
Activity: 128
Merit: 3
June 23, 2019, 07:18:20 AM
Yes offline wallets are proven to be safe but regardless there are online wallets that I will say are compelled to be very functional and safe
Pages:
Jump to: