Pages:
Author

Topic: hardware wallets safe? - page 9. (Read 10196 times)

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
July 01, 2019, 05:49:41 PM
For me MEW NEON and some wallet are good and secured though,
there will be safer than the hardware wallet which we can use and store are cryptocurrency.
BEST OF THE BEST SECURITY!
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
July 01, 2019, 05:43:07 PM
Don't get it twisted hardwallets still use private keys and that doesn't make it the most secured wallet ever ,you will still need online connection to send your coins so I don't see the difference much between a mobile wallet with private keys
You're definitely right about something, but somehow everyone thinks that hardware wallets are much more secure than regular wallets.

Of course it is much safer than hot wallet. Think about how much of a private key I have, when logging in on an intermediary they can also get your key. But with cold wallet, but the thief needs to have that usb
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
July 01, 2019, 04:44:26 PM
Hardware wallets are your best shot when it comes to securing your coins. Since I started using ledger Nano, I've not had any issue to worry about, most importantly I now have rest of mind.
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
July 01, 2019, 04:10:25 PM
I bought a nano ledger s yesterday, waiting for the delivery.  My question to people who already holding devices like this one. How to backup the wallets? Can I use the same wallet on the software wallets on PC by importing the recovery phrases?
Activity: 491
July 01, 2019, 03:20:39 PM
I trust hardware wallets.  Because they always use.  At a minimum, they guarantee that you will not be hacked.  I advise you to use them.
Activity: 612
Merit: 102
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
July 01, 2019, 01:49:39 PM
Don't get it twisted hardwallets still use private keys and that doesn't make it the most secured wallet ever ,you will still need online connection to send your coins so I don't see the difference much between a mobile wallet with private keys
You're definitely right about something, but somehow everyone thinks that hardware wallets are much more secure than regular wallets.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
July 01, 2019, 12:54:42 PM
It cannot be guaranteed 100% if the offline device is one hundred percent safe because theft of our offline devices can occur at any time, but when compared to online devices it can be said that the offline device is a little safer, and hacking will be difficult for offline devices.  unless they steal our smartphone or PC device to be manipulated manually
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
July 01, 2019, 12:50:54 PM
Activity: 420
July 01, 2019, 05:23:42 AM
Because hardware wallets are storage devices, they can be hacked like any other storage device.
The hardware wallet uses internal encryption, software that provides users with access to the private key stored in it, and hardware components to facilitate the operation of the device. Do not be fooled into thinking that storing all your private keys on a $ 100 hardware device provides physical protection, as demonstrated by frequent hacks and government hijackings. Even the manufacturers of these devices explicitly state that you should make sure that no one will have physical access to your device. The functional cogs of a hardware wallet, which in essence is just a dedicated storage for a private key, are points of attack. These security levels, which may seem effective, were not as secure as it may seem that a storage device, such as a hard disk, could be hacked.
If the hardware wallet is captured, lost or stolen, hacking the storage device exposes the key inside. Therefore, it gives access to all assets of the protected key.
Any storage device can be hacked.
copper member
Activity: 362
July 01, 2019, 02:41:52 AM
I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?

Yes you're trezor one wallet is secure wallet which is you can assure your asset safe from hackers and from malware infected computer. And it's around $78 each. Soon I want to try to used this hard wallet once I could earned from doing bounties because as of now I'm not yet earning from it, but hopefully there will be.  Base on my research
"Make sure you NEVER buy a TREZOR or any other hardware wallet from eBay.
Only buy from the TREZOR store or from Amazon".

What's wrong with eBay?

Activity: 355
Merit: 10
A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms
July 01, 2019, 12:23:35 AM
so far for offline wallets it is very safe for the security of your funds,
which is important not to lose your wallet.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 512
June 30, 2019, 04:07:00 PM
I still use paper wallets and not hardware wallets like the ledger. I am afraid what happens when it's broke. I known you can still recover but I am still afraid and not buying one. Huh
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
June 30, 2019, 03:39:04 PM
You are right, there is nothing better than a hardware wallet. It is a pity that new coins do not appear on it often. I wanted to get rid of half the bulky wallets.
I support that hardware wallets are the safest.  But of course they are not cheap u.  But there is something to pay, and this wallet will protect your money from fraudsters.
If you have a serious amount of cryptocurrency then you need to buy a hardware wallet, the cost of hardware wallets corresponds to its security.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
June 30, 2019, 03:37:07 PM
I believe that each hardware wallet has vulnerability, but in general they are safer compared to other methods to store money. You know, hardware wallets is something you should get
Activity: 980
Merit: 132
June 30, 2019, 03:28:03 PM
You are right, there is nothing better than a hardware wallet. It is a pity that new coins do not appear on it often. I wanted to get rid of half the bulky wallets.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
June 30, 2019, 03:14:58 PM
The fact is that the hardware wallet is used to store and accumulate personal cryptocurrency funds.  It is not used as often as other wallets that are more susceptible to hacker attacks.  Based on this, the risk of losing money from a hardware wallet is very small.
Activity: 612
Merit: 102
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
June 30, 2019, 03:13:13 PM
I have not thought of using wallet hardware because the assets that I have are still limited and I don't think they really need it, but it seems to be safer than an online wallet
Many people don't need a hardware wallet because it costs about $100, and people in the wallet have a small amount of money, and it makes no sense to buy a hardware wallet.
Activity: 476
June 30, 2019, 12:59:17 PM
I have not thought of using wallet hardware because the assets that I have are still limited and I don't think they really need it, but it seems to be safer than an online wallet
Activity: 248
Merit: 11
June 30, 2019, 12:02:19 PM
In my opinion, a hardware wallet is very safe and safer than a web wallet in terms of its security system.
if at any time we are exposed to phishing or spam and we accidentally give our PK to someone else, they still cannot access our wallet because our wallet is still on our computer.
Therefore, I am very confident that wallet hardware is the safest and most impenetrable wallet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 4
June 30, 2019, 11:54:00 AM
There is no big difference between hardware wallets and other wallets except online wallets, hardware wallets uses private keys just like the rest of other wallets so to keep your coins and tokens safe you still need to keep your private keys so only online wallets don't have private keys
Pages:
Jump to: