Pages:
Author

Topic: has anyone tried freebitco.in investment? - page 2. (Read 1293 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
October 12, 2017, 08:04:53 PM
4.08% yearly interest is low, but it's guaranteed and we don't have to do anything to get it, just hold some btc on freebitco.in. I have some btc one freebitco.in and I'm happy to see even little interest received daily.
Well, I can say that freebitco.in developed in something much more than just faucet. They even don't need to use 3rd part advertisement networks to monetize website, because multiplier players and people who buying lottery tickets covers expenses. And they always adding new functions to attract even more users - reward points, lottery, daily interest, web mining, and I'm sure that they are preparing even more new things.
I'm not surprised that Freebitco.in is most popular bitcoin website by Alexa rank and they have over 8.5 million registered users!
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
October 12, 2017, 10:44:07 AM
I have never tried out freebitco.in investment option yet, but I do know that freebitco.in is a trusted site, after reading so many members review about their investment with freebitco.in, maybe I should consider putting some of my bitcoins at the site too since it is way better than keeping in my wallet with 0% interest.

It's not really what I would call an investment option, I think of it more like a current account (or checking account for Americans) that pays interest. The 4.08% per anum is good but you could, for example, get more lending it out at Bitfinex or other exchanges. Where the advantage comes is the low transaction fees. Where the exchanges charge a fixed transaction fee (0.005 at Bitfinex now) Freebitco.in are using dynamic fees. Using the slow withdrawal option if you wait for the mempool to empty it goes as low as 0.00000400 This has saved me quite a large amount since I started using it for day to day transaction that I am in no hurry for. So it's a good option to earn interest on your general usage coin rather than a long-term investment.

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
October 12, 2017, 09:48:30 AM
Hard Fork Policy Announcement

We've posted comments about how we plan to handle the upcoming Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x hard forks. You can find a hot link with this information on nearly every menu of the freebitco.in site.

Quote from: FreeBitco.in HARD FORK POLICY
Bitcoin has 2 hard forks planned in the near future - "Bitcoin Gold" and "Bitcoin Segwit 2x". As we have done with the "Bitcoin Cash" hard fork in the past, we shall support withdrawals of all hard fork coins as long as they are viable - ie. have wallet support, a working blockchain and straightforward redemption policies.

The "Bitcoin Gold" hard fork currently does not seem to be a viable fork - since they have not given any information about the fork on their website (btcgpu.org) and have no supported wallets yet. If there are no wallets that support it, we shall not be able to make "Bitcoin Gold" available for withdrawals. If however, there is wallet support for "Bitcoin Gold" before the hard fork date and the block number for the fork is announced in advance, we shall make it available for withdrawal.

We shall be supporting the "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" fork since it already has a working wallet and has announced the block number when the hard fork will happen. If a majority of miners switch to "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" and it has the chain with the most Proof-of-Work, we shall make it our primary coin and "Bitcoin Core" coins will be made available for withdrawal to your own wallets, otherwise "Bitcoin Core" shall remain our primary coin and "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" coins will be made available for withdrawal to your own wallets. In either case, users will receive coins in both the majority and minority chain equivalent to the balance that they had on the website prior to the hard fork.

We shall be pausing deposits and withdrawals temporarily before the "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" hard fork until a clear winner has emerged. Everything else on the website will function as usual. The fork is scheduled to happen at around the middle of November. We shall give advance notice of when deposits and withdrawals will be paused before the fork date.

Any questions? Give a shout here or PM me!

Wyfe, can you say what you think the exchange rate will be - based on markets open at that time? If the value of Bitcoin Gold for example goes over that given by the site, would the site be able to offer a greater amount to redeem or will it be fixed at a higher rate than the exchanges on the day of the fork as they were from the BCC fork?
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
October 12, 2017, 08:39:07 AM
Freebitco.in is a good site which has been paying it's customers since the beginning. It was mainly used as a faucet in the beginning but since then there had been many changes to the website like addition of Hi-Lo game, browser mining, referral, annual interest etc.. I think that 4.08% is very less for to consider it as an investment when there are banks which pay more than this. Why would one take the risk to keep the BTC there when he can keep the fiat in bank which is safer and that too for a better return. So it doesn't make any sense to invest in freebitco.in
We could simply buy some coins and hold it for a year to get much more profit than this.
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
October 12, 2017, 03:26:45 AM
I have never tried out freebitco.in investment option yet, but I do know that freebitco.in is a trusted site, after reading so many members review about their investment with freebitco.in, maybe I should consider putting some of my bitcoins at the site too since it is way better than keeping in my wallet with 0% interest.
Activity: 476
Merit: 255
October 12, 2017, 01:06:06 AM
Hard Fork Policy Announcement

We've posted comments about how we plan to handle the upcoming Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2x hard forks. You can find a hot link with this information on nearly every menu of the freebitco.in site.

Quote from: FreeBitco.in HARD FORK POLICY
Bitcoin has 2 hard forks planned in the near future - "Bitcoin Gold" and "Bitcoin Segwit 2x". As we have done with the "Bitcoin Cash" hard fork in the past, we shall support withdrawals of all hard fork coins as long as they are viable - ie. have wallet support, a working blockchain and straightforward redemption policies.

The "Bitcoin Gold" hard fork currently does not seem to be a viable fork - since they have not given any information about the fork on their website (btcgpu.org) and have no supported wallets yet. If there are no wallets that support it, we shall not be able to make "Bitcoin Gold" available for withdrawals. If however, there is wallet support for "Bitcoin Gold" before the hard fork date and the block number for the fork is announced in advance, we shall make it available for withdrawal.

We shall be supporting the "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" fork since it already has a working wallet and has announced the block number when the hard fork will happen. If a majority of miners switch to "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" and it has the chain with the most Proof-of-Work, we shall make it our primary coin and "Bitcoin Core" coins will be made available for withdrawal to your own wallets, otherwise "Bitcoin Core" shall remain our primary coin and "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" coins will be made available for withdrawal to your own wallets. In either case, users will receive coins in both the majority and minority chain equivalent to the balance that they had on the website prior to the hard fork.

We shall be pausing deposits and withdrawals temporarily before the "Bitcoin Segwit 2x" hard fork until a clear winner has emerged. Everything else on the website will function as usual. The fork is scheduled to happen at around the middle of November. We shall give advance notice of when deposits and withdrawals will be paused before the fork date.

Any questions? Give a shout here or PM me!
October 12, 2017, 12:57:22 AM
I also loved how they managed the last fork and how they disbursed the BCC pretty fast in for of BTC though, as well as how good they are at giving information on any subsequent fork and their stand.

Great question!

For Bitcoin Cash we honored the airdrop for all accounts. Our wallet owners were able to either

(1) Convert their Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin on our site (and we maintained the airdrop exchange rate, even after the price of BCC fell following August 1st), or

(2) Claim and send their Bitcoin Cash to a wallet that was supporting the new currency.

We decided not to maintain the currency in our wallet so after 30-45 days everyone had to either convert or move their new coins.

I'll post a note explaining how we'll handle the next two forks shortly.
October 12, 2017, 12:53:01 AM
for example I didn't find any Contacts/support/ticket section on the site. what do you do if you have an issue?

Hi Pursuer, great question.

I'm the FreeBitco.in Community Manager. You can direct all questions or issues to me, PM me any time.

We also have a community thread in the Micro Earnings and Gambling boards. I monitor both several times a week.

Thanks for starting this thread!
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
October 11, 2017, 11:34:30 PM
I actually tried their investment before when I was playing in this site but I accidentally changed the settings and withdrew everything including the interest I got from there. So I think the site is all good and also their new feature with the investment thing.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
October 11, 2017, 10:46:42 PM
I am afraid to invest in that sites despite that a lot of positive feedback given by the member, and now the sites has turned into a famous gambling sites, but the reputation of the sites is not too good, I think I won't put any of my money in that site, something seems not right although until now everything is fine, but you contact the support  to figure out your doubt
What do you think is not right with the site ? They're operating for a couple of years now and still paying everyone. I haven't see any scam accusations against them.

4% return is still better than holding bitcoin on your desktop wallet but there are better sites to invest on imo. On crypto-games I had a 10% return on my bitcoin investment after 3-4 months.
Activity: 560
Merit: 269
October 11, 2017, 09:00:31 PM
Freebitco.in is a reputable one. I just don't know how profitable it is. This is a bitcoin gambling site. Means, there's a possibility also that you could loss your roll of investment also. It's because when the house lose, you lose also. That's how the investment on gambling site works.
But in terms of reputation. Yes, it's a reputable site. So don't worry being scammed. It's different from any HYIP sites. But you must make a wise decision before jumping in to this kind of investment because you could lose your money also because it's a gambling site. Invest only an amount that you can afford to lose.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
October 11, 2017, 08:15:49 PM
I am afraid to invest in that sites despite that a lot of positive feedback given by the member, and now the sites has turned into a famous gambling sites, but the reputation of the sites is not too good, I think I won't put any of my money in that site, something seems not right although until now everything is fine, but you contact the support  to figure out your doubt
Activity: 2254
Merit: 870
October 11, 2017, 07:15:19 PM
I was always skeptical about freebitco.in investment and all the changes they have made, but it seems like they are doing fine after all this time. the site is turned into a proper gambling site instead of just being a faucet.

I tried their investment (4.08% annual profit) by making a small deposit and by following the funds I see their main wallet currently contains 508BTC that is $2.4 million!
https://blockchain.info/address/1CE5T4P6WmFUQvQFwvedgTEc5Z7BSVJLVN

does anyone have any feedback on their services?

for example I didn't find any Contacts/support/ticket section on the site. what do you do if you have an issue?
As I know and remember from old posts (sorry if I say something mistake, confirm to be more sure) freebitco's owners have mining farm with 0.1% of total hashrate and they are going to grow and they need invested money for that + covering transaction fees and etc. To say trust, their income % doesn't sounds well for me, higher one would be better. Currently I can't see anything wrong in them, freebitco is the most known website in bitcoin industry, even local banks were advertising them.
Contact them on email (see on website) or pm to OP of ann thread.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
October 11, 2017, 07:04:07 PM
It gives so little interest, if you go to poloniex you will earn 0.02% interest per day, about 7,2% per year, and sometimes it goes to 0.05% per day, so you should take a look at there.
And i trust more in poloniex than in a faucet, because that faucet is holding a lot of funds at the moment, maybe polo does the same too.
But i think that you can easily get those 4% in just a trade, instead of waiting 12 months to get them..

Firstly, Poloniex isn't experiencing a situation where traders are slowly but surely migrating to Bittrex for nothing ~ people are losing their confidence in that exchange due to the lacking interest to solve problems.

Secondly, there is a difference between trading and lending your money to a reputable site/service, where trading requires proper market understanding, and the will to take the high risks of trading whatever crypto currencies.

Lending your money to a service fits in the category of passive income, and for that reason is a much sought after way of investing despite the generally lower annual returns ~ lower overall risk equals lower rewards.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
October 11, 2017, 06:16:40 PM
It gives so little interest, if you go to poloniex you will earn 0.02% interest per day, about 7,2% per year, and sometimes it goes to 0.05% per day, so you should take a look at there.
And i trust more in poloniex than in a faucet, because that faucet is holding a lot of funds at the moment, maybe polo does the same too.
But i think that you can easily get those 4% in just a trade, instead of waiting 12 months to get them..
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
October 11, 2017, 05:38:57 PM
I think they give out way too little for investors, given that you'd have to invest a significant amount to even think of making a profit.
4.08% per year is just not enough if you consider the risk of leaving your coins with them for over a year.

I prefer investing in websites that share profit based on an actual profit or loss percentage, preferably for less than 1 year.

On CryptoGames for example, you'd make way more profit in less than a year.

Take a look at this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-gamesnet-investment-returns-updated-weekly-week-35-2796-in-btc-1796062 ([Crypto-Games.net] Investment Returns, Updated weekly, Week 35, +27.96% in BTC)

I think that the profit of freebitco.in is actually considerably higher than its rivals.
If we consider HalleyBTC give 0.01% daily and so do BW.com.

In response to OPs question, as no one has yet mentioned values, I put 0.66BTC into their site when the BCH fork happened (because I didn't want to fiddle with the BCH myself - I earnt interest on this as well until I was stupid and decided to plunge that money into hashnest who hadn't yet opened withdrawals).

I'm hoping to do the same with these forks as well once more information becomes avaliable.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 11, 2017, 05:30:42 PM
Positive feedback from me. I use their investment feature since they introduced it to the site. The rates are low, it's true, and similar to saving accounts interest at the banks, but here we receive income in BTCs, what is very good, and using a trusted and legit Bitcoin's site active since 2013, always bringing new features to its users with friendly support. I always let some money resting there, just humble amounts.

Many people say about other investments that seem better. I think the best to do is to use all the good investment opportunities we have and split our money among them. If one goes wrong, you have another ones to recover your losses.

Support: message Myfe or wetsuit on forum or post on their official thread at Micro Earnings section or Gambling section.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
October 11, 2017, 02:43:23 PM
You can make more than those 4% per year from lending your bitcoin in margin lending if you will get 0.02-0.04% daily interest.

Daily interest rate (%)   APR (%)
0.01                                   3.65
0.02                                   7.3
0.03                                   10.95
0.04                                   14.6
0.05                                   18.25

I find investing in freebitco.in quite risky and 4% is not quite worth to take that risk. I will rather lend my bitcoin for margin trading in multiple exchange platforms.
Activity: 909
Merit: 508
October 11, 2017, 01:17:14 PM
They're holding that freedogeco.in aswell, right? can that be more profitable? I mean if they're the owners and have that option as they do on bitcoin version.

I've stopped using their service a long time ago, but with the experience I've had with them, It's unlikely or not at all likely, that they'll scam you. Also, if that 4,08% fixed or does it depend on contract or the sum invested?
No, it is fixed but they calculate daily down. On doge, I had great experiences on poloniex. But now not trustable anymore.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
October 11, 2017, 12:52:16 PM
They're holding that freedogeco.in aswell, right? can that be more profitable? I mean if they're the owners and have that option as they do on bitcoin version.

I've stopped using their service a long time ago, but with the experience I've had with them, It's unlikely or not at all likely, that they'll scam you. Also, if that 4,08% fixed or does it depend on contract or the sum invested?
Pages:
Jump to: