Pages:
Author

Topic: Has Ledger stopped updating apps for the Nano S - page 2. (Read 154 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I use Electrum to access my bitcoin wallet on Ledger. Should I need to be worried about the update too?
No matter what software client you use (Electrum, Ledger Live, or something else), you still need to have the Bitcoin app installed on your hardware wallet. And in case of an important update to said app, you have to install it over the Ledger Live Manager. There is no way around it if you want to stay up-to-date. But the question is, will Nano S users remain updated with future code changes or not?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
The current version of my Bitcoin app for Nano S is 2.0.6.
I use Electrum to access my bitcoin wallet on Ledger. Should I need to be worried about the update too?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I have noticed there hasn't been an update to the Bitcoin app on my Ledger Nano S for quite some time. There usually is one, at least once or twice every couple of months.
We know that Ledger no longer sells the Nano S in their official shop, and it will not be manufactured any longer, either. But have they stopped releasing updates to the crypto apps that you can install through the Ledger Live Manager as well?

I don't know if the app version is the same or different depending on which hardware wallet you own.
The current version of my Bitcoin app for Nano S is 2.0.6.

A question for those using a Nano X or Nano S Plus: What is the newest version available for the Bitcoin app on your device?

I will contact their customer support if the app versions prove to be different. Some features may only be available on the Nano X or Nano S Plus because of its bigger internal memory, compared to the Nano S. So, it's not unusual per se. I would still like to know if future updates will be released for the Nano S as well or if it's time to consider an alternative. 
Pages:
Jump to: