Pages:
Author

Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs - page 16. (Read 8755 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
What is a reasonable setting for a spike limit? I found that the most of the day the profitability is higher than $3.00 a day per card, but most of the time the profit per day per card is about $1.00 per day. I do not under stand it.

Personally, I use a Price Spike Limit that is around 150% of the average estimated earnings per card.  Using your example, I would set a limit of $4.50 for a GPU that averages $3.00.  That amount provides some room when values rise, but avoids work that is going to draw a lot of attention from other miners and is most likely based on an inaccurate data.

I really think that the x11 price issues on BlockMasters have hurt your earnings.  Since x11 is heavily mined by ASICs, it is almost never profitable to mine on GPUs anymore.  I have kept x11 disabled on my rigs and I have made more than $1 a GPU in the last eight hours on that one pool plus earnings on a couple other pools.  If you have already upgraded to 1.8.8 of Hash Auger, you may want to enable the MC Parameter for BlockMasters.  I have found that individual coin prices are better on that pool than the traditional auto-switch ports.  The only issue is that the C11-based coin ChainCoin has some issues on that pool, so you would want to disable the C11 algorithm on BlockMasters. 

A couple other tips to possibly help your earnings would be to try a slightly longer switch interval by increasing the Pool Refresh Rate to 15 minutes and to set the Min Price Switch % to at least 12%.  These settings can help you build larger shares in new coins and help offset the cost of switching work too frequently.
Hm ok i disabled X11 for now.
If i look now i see lyra2z suppose to give me around 3$ a day with blockmasters
If i look at Aweseome miner they say 1.42$ a day, almost exact same hashrates.
Hard to see which one to trust atm Tongue
Activity: 481
Thanks for a good program!!!!

Thank you for your continued use of the software and your feedback about your experiences with that pool.  With so many pools, it can be a challenge to optimize the software for each one without user feedback such as your own.
Activity: 8
Thanks for a good program!!!!
What is a reasonable setting for a spike limit? I found that the most of the day the profitability is higher than $3.00 a day per card, but most of the time the profit per day per card is about $1.00 per day. I do not under stand it.

I've been watching my rigs on this pool throughout the day and one thing that I noticed is that the pool gets an inconsistent amount of work for some algorithms. For example, right now there are 0 workers mining Phi.  Obviously, that is going to delay some earnings because the pool won't be finding any blocks (or paying out the corresponding rewards) until people start mining that algorithm again.  I'm going to make some adjustments to the software in version 1.9 that will help prevent mining an algorithm when there is an insufficient number of other miners also mining it.

Personally, I use a Price Spike Limit that is around 150% of the average estimated earnings per card.  Using your example, I would set a limit of $4.50 for a GPU that averages $3.00.  That amount provides some room when values rise, but avoids work that is going to draw a lot of attention from other miners and is most likely based on an inaccurate data.

I really think that the x11 price issues on BlockMasters have hurt your earnings.  Since x11 is heavily mined by ASICs, it is almost never profitable to mine on GPUs anymore.  I have kept x11 disabled on my rigs and I have made more than $1 a GPU in the last eight hours on that one pool plus earnings on a couple other pools.  If you have already upgraded to 1.8.8 of Hash Auger, you may want to enable the MC Parameter for BlockMasters.  I have found that individual coin prices are better on that pool than the traditional auto-switch ports.  The only issue is that the C11-based coin ChainCoin has some issues on that pool, so you would want to disable the C11 algorithm on BlockMasters. 

A couple other tips to possibly help your earnings would be to try a slightly longer switch interval by increasing the Pool Refresh Rate to 15 minutes and to set the Min Price Switch % to at least 12%.  These settings can help you build larger shares in new coins and help offset the cost of switching work too frequently.
Announcing a new Discord server for Hash Auger. Please use the following invitation link: https://discord.gg/HUr8z8t
https://imgur.com/a/z4RTD67
Something is very wrong with this.
I assumed for to long that these values where correct...
They are very wrong lol, i dont even make a $ a day.
Also awesomeminer also says i make 0.04$ a day with blockmasters with my hashrate...
What could have caused this? the hashrates are correct so im confused.
Something wrong with your app?

https://imgur.com/a/76E78Mr

Thanks for letting me know about the issue, but the problem is with the pool providing inaccurate price estimates for x11.  As you can see in my image, the price of one x11 coin (Xarucoin) has an inaccurate price of over $10. Tribus also has very volatile prices, causing its price to jump several dollars for short periods of time. Unfortunately sudden changes in a coin's value, difficulty, hash rate and other factors can cause pools to exaggerate estimates for some coins.  It happens occasionally on nearly every pool and nearly every algorithm-switching application has to deal with data issues somehow.  

I'm using the Price Spike Limit feature to block out coins whose prices are not realistic so the software won't mine them.  On other pools, Hash Auger estimates the value of x11 to be $0.01 for a GPU that is benchmarked at 16 mh/s, so I am not surprised that you wouldn't make much mining any x11 coin. That is why x11 is disabled by default.
Activity: 35
https://imgur.com/a/z4RTD67
Something is very wrong with this.
I assumed for to long that these values where correct...
They are very wrong lol, i dont even make a $ a day.
Also awesomeminer also says i make 0.04$ a day with blockmasters with my hashrate...
What could have caused this? the hashrates are correct so im confused.
Something wrong with your app?

Activity: 82
In the profitability section can you put cpu and each gpu in separate tabs or really just have a way to filter based on which gpu or cpu we might want to see?

I'll look into adding some filtering options to the Profitability grid in a future release.  Thanks for your feedback.
Activity: 82
In the profitability section can you put cpu and each gpu in separate tabs or really just have a way to filter based on which gpu or cpu we might want to see?
recalc miners?

Each algorithm on each device has a preferred miner that is determined by the miner's benchmarks, actual performance and any developer fee. There is an advanced application setting that can automatically adjust the preferred miners based on mining performance. This new button allows users to manually tell the software to perform those calculations again if they have been trying different overclocks/intensity settings or if they loaded an older device template that may not have benchmark hash rates for the newest miners.
Activity: 68
whats is the names of the new miners?

1.8.7 updates existing miners. Z-Enemy is updated to version 1.09 and SPMod-Raven is updated to 4a. Both of these updates promise better x16r hash rates than previous versions. Also, the new version of Z-Enemy adds support for Xevan.
Activity: 68
whats is the names of the new miners?

2) Just downloaded 1.8.6 this morning. Some time after benchmarking the new ccminer-phi and nanashi algos, I got a message saying that both algorithms cannot communicate with ahashpool while trying to mine lyra2v2, and would stop mining with those miners. Looking at the benchmarks now, it seems those miners benched higher than tpruvot and thus won out. Not sure what the issue here is, but say it's a fix on your end...does HA go back and try using those miners again at some other time to see if the issue is fixed, or do I need to manually rebenchmark at some point?

1.8.7 improves the tolerance of communication failures with the pools so that brief failures will be less likely to cause a pool to be temporarily suspended. I also reworded the warning messages for clarity and to better distinguish them from other types of warnings.
Thanks for reply and a good program. I update the program to the new version 1.8.6.
For the last 3 days the program stop to work during the night.

I do the following for the program to start automatic:-
1. press Windows (on keybord the windows flag left bottom) and r at the same time.
2. Type Shell:startup.
3 Copy shortcut (HashAuger – Shortcut)  to autostart the mining file in the mining directory.

The start app is also on in the mining program.
This do not work. What can I do?

If you have User Access Control enabled on your computer, the UAC prompt is mostly likely preventing the software from starting.  I have instructions on how to create an administrator level task for Hash Auger that bypasses the UAC prompt and automatically starts the application on startup. These instructions are included in the first item on the FAQ page: https://hashauger.com/faq.html.  Once the UAC dialog is bypassed, the application should start mining automatically if you have that setting turned on.

As for the stability issues, some users are having issues with the Alexis and CCMiner-Phi mining software.  While these miners are fast at few algorithms, they tend to cause more device driver issues that require reboots. If you turn on Hash Auger's log setting, you can see what algorithm your system was mining when the problem occurred and then change its preferred miner.  Alternatively, you could change the preferred miner for all of the algorithms that currently use either Alexis or ccminer-Phi if you would rather not use those two at all.
Thanks for reply and a good program. I update the program to the new version 1.8.6.
For the last 3 days the program stop to work during the night.

I do the following for the program to start automatic:-
1. press Windows (on keybord the windows flag left bottom) and r at the same time.
2. Type Shell:startup.
3 Copy shortcut (HashAuger – Shortcut)  to autostart the mining file in the mining directory.

The start app is also on in the mining program.
This do not work. What can I do?

What is the best setting for Pool Refresh Rate. Short time 10min or 30 min. Can I make the refresh rate short 10 and the price switch 15. Will that work?

Good question. Which value you prefer for the Pool Refresh Rate depends on your mining strategy.  A shorter refresh rate is good if you prefer small shares in coins with the highest estimated earnings. That will help spread your mining work around and help reduce the risk of investing too much time in a coin whose value drops after you mine it, but before the pool pays your share for it. A longer refresh rate can help you earn bigger shares in a smaller number of coins.  That can pay off for high-value coins that are not mined quickly, like Raven. However, the downside is that you are more at risk for losing productivity to orphan coins and those coins whose values are falling.  I've been doing some experimenting with my own rigs and have found 10-15 minutes seems to have the best average earnings per day for my setup (mostly 1080s).

For a ten minute refresh rate, I definitely recommend at least a 10% price switch based on the fact that the process of switching algorithms will probably cost you a minute of mining time by the time the new mining work reaches full productivity.  But ten percent only covers the cost of that lost minute, so it is often better to use a price switch of at least 12% or 15% to make sure it is profitable (rather than just breaking even) to switch than continue mining the current coin.  

You may also want to consider setting a Price Spike Limit on your GPUs to filter out coins whose prices are just too high to be realistic.  Unfortunately, there are a few situations, such as orphan coins and sudden changes in the coin's pricing data that can cause a pool to temporarily provide an inaccurate estimate of a coin's worth.  Not only will the payout be much lower than the estimate in these situations, a lot of other programs will switch miners to these coins simply because the price is the highest, which drives up the coin's difficulty and lowers your potential payout even more. I find it best to just ignore these coins, so I set my Price Spike Limits to be a few dollars of what the average for a GPU usually is. For example, right now for a 1080, I might have a spike limit of $6.00 or $7.00.  That way, there is still flexibility to take advantage of appreciating coin values while not having to worry about wasting time mining any coins whose earnings briefly spike over that amount.

Thanks for trying out the software. Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Pages:
Jump to: