Pages:
Author

Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread - page 28. (Read 68982 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 10, 2014, 11:53:15 PM
Can you guys tell me if you got all the capacitors placed next to the vregs? Cause mine runs slow and only got 4 caps each side, rev 1.2.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
February 10, 2014, 11:42:45 PM
what are you guys drawing for power at wall when you OC to 610 on your baby jet?  Curious to know if OCing uses a lot more power over stock?

Thanks in advance

I have two BJ's, one with a board marked Rev. 1.1 and one with no markings that I've found (1.0?).  I am running them at 610.  

Even though it cost me a few satoshis, I did the experiment:

The Rev. 1.1 board draws 485 watts at the wall (well, at the surge protection, actually).  The unknown board draws 470.

The Rev. 1.1 board seems to hash just a little faster on average, but we're only talking a handful or less g/hash.

At 600 clock rate, the Rev. 1.1 board draws 474, while the no-label board draws 464.  

Since I don't think there's much of a detectable difference in hashrate between setting the clocks at 600 or 610 (a couple or few g/hash per machine... i.e. about 3 watts per g/hash), and given the risks of overclocking, I've gone down to 600.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 10:32:05 PM
what are you guys drawing for power at wall when you OC to 610 on your baby jet?  Curious to know if OCing uses a lot more power over stock?

Thanks in advance
February 10, 2014, 04:20:24 PM
@Doogie: Glad you got your SD card, there is also an image so you can flash your own card / reflash in case something happens:http://hashfast.com/how-to-update-babyjets-raspberry-pi-sd-card-software/
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Enthusiast
February 10, 2014, 03:34:18 PM
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
February 10, 2014, 01:21:26 PM
When do we get out Upgrades and MPP?

+1   Angry
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
February 09, 2014, 10:47:55 PM
damn i feel sorry for you. If you want to get rid of a unit or 2 let me know id love to buy some. Assuming they actully work at 400 and its just the connection that is making them seem slow

This is just one unit and yes it works at around 385 GH/s at the pool. Whenever it reconnects it shows up as a new unit in cgminer but it is not. I'm hoping a software/firmware update will make it run as stable as my older ASICs from BFL and AM. (e.g. run and forget).

I OCed my BJ to 610, and I can get 410GH/s at pool stably, never need a restart. Which pool do you use? I am using eliguis, and don't even have a backup pool. Would you please give any recommendation?
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2014, 04:27:20 PM
damn i feel sorry for you. If you want to get rid of a unit or 2 let me know id love to buy some. Assuming they actully work at 400 and its just the connection that is making them seem slow

This is just one unit and yes it works at around 385 GH/s at the pool. Whenever it reconnects it shows up as a new unit in cgminer but it is not. I'm hoping a software/firmware update will make it run as stable as my older ASICs from BFL and AM. (e.g. run and forget).

oo okay, you should have specified that. I thought you had like 10units and just a shit connection.

Relating to disconnections you could try it on windows. It works for me.

As for run and forget, as much as the BFL bothered me bfl hardware runs with maybe 1ghash fluctuation while Hashfast I have seen from basically 50gh to 2terahashes lol
Activity: 446
February 09, 2014, 03:03:53 PM

I have one that disconnects and reconnects on average 2 times per hour. Doesn't seem to have a real effect on performance at all though. Phil has said its not hurting anything as long as your hashrate isn't taking much of a hit because of it.
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
February 09, 2014, 02:12:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2014, 01:53:10 PM
It might not have anything to do with your situation but I have had problems with Hashfast devices disconnecting from cgminer if the internet connection is disrupted. They would try to return but on the two occasions this has happened I had to power cycle everything to get it going again.

That might very well be the case. I am using Comcast Xfinity and their service is really flaky. Sometimes the internet connection drops completely for a minute or so before resuming. On the other hand, the BJ itself does not feel really stable either. It reconnects every hour or so:

Mine Silent, Mine Deep
February 09, 2014, 01:31:34 PM
It might not have anything to do with your situation but I have had problems with Hashfast devices disconnecting from cgminer if the internet connection is disrupted. They would try to return but on the two occasions this has happened I had to power cycle everything to get it going again.

That might very well be the case. I am using Comcast Xfinity and their service is really flaky. Sometimes the internet connection drops completely for a minute or so before resuming. On the other hand, the BJ itself does not feel really stable either. It reconnects every hour or so:

Activity: 446
February 09, 2014, 06:05:44 AM
I have firmware:735ccca5. I'm curious to see if anyone has a different version.

Same here 735ccca5

Mine is: ebaa1a85

I have not been able to get my BJ to run stable for over 48 hours. I need to hard reset it at least once a day. With each version of cgminer I have a different issue. The best one for me seems to be cgminer3.11.0hf1 but it seems to crap out at random intervals where mining stops and I am unable to ssh or load the web interface anymore. Hopefully new a firmware/cgminer combo will fix these issues as my warranty already has expired :/

Also there is a 7 degree difference between cores, so I might take Phil's advice and re-apply thermal paste. (Although the hottest core does not exceed 80C, so I don't think overheating is the cause if my instability issues)

Activity: 92
February 09, 2014, 04:35:59 AM
did they already released the new firmware? By the way, where do i find the newest cgminer version for windows with HF drivers enabled?
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
February 09, 2014, 12:12:00 AM
I have firmware:735ccca5. I'm curious to see if anyone has a different version.

Same here 735ccca5

Mine is: ebaa1a85

I have not been able to get my BJ to run stable for over 48 hours. I need to hard reset it at least once a day. With each version of cgminer I have a different issue. The best one for me seems to be cgminer3.11.0hf1 but it seems to crap out at random intervals where mining stops and I am unable to ssh or load the web interface anymore. Hopefully new a firmware/cgminer combo will fix these issues as my warranty already has expired :/

Also there is a 7 degree difference between cores, so I might take Phil's advice and re-apply thermal paste. (Although the hottest core does not exceed 80C, so I don't think overheating is the cause if my instability issues)
February 08, 2014, 10:19:18 PM
Not the prettiest in the world, but the vreg heatsinks are at about 45C now
Humm, you got all the caps on there next to the vreg, I have like 4 of the 8 (?)
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
February 08, 2014, 09:35:22 PM
Can you upload a pic of the fan setup ?
thx

If you promise not to laugh XD  Just using cable ties to attach the fans to the case.  I used an extra molex adapter from a corsair HX psu, as they use the same cables

Not the prettiest in the world, but the vreg heatsinks are at about 45C now
February 08, 2014, 09:24:54 PM
So I figured I'd have more overclocking leeway than 570. Any suggestions?

Try get your temp up to 70+ and test again, Phil said 70-80°C is the sweet spot for the silicone

Yeah, but at 550 clock my temps are the same (65-67) and I have no problems at all.

The higher your clock rate, the more important it is for the silicon to be in it's "happy state".
Just get the temps up to ~80 and try overclock and you will know. I'm just repeating what Phil said like 15 pages back.

I find that the temperature of the core is less important than the surrounding regulators; I seem to get more stability actively cooling those with 120mm fans.

Can you upload a pic of the fan setup ?
thx
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
February 08, 2014, 09:12:34 PM

Try get your temp up to 70+ and test again, Phil said 70-80°C is the sweet spot for the silicone

Yeah, but at 550 clock my temps are the same (65-67) and I have no problems at all.

The higher your clock rate, the more important it is for the silicon to be in it's "happy state".
Just get the temps up to ~80 and try overclock and you will know. I'm just repeating what Phil said like 15 pages back.

I find that the temperature of the core is less important than the surrounding regulators; I seem to get more stability actively cooling those with 120mm fans.
February 08, 2014, 08:27:20 PM

Pages:
Jump to: