Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashrate is dropping - page 3. (Read 642 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
May 14, 2020, 11:50:47 PM
As you can see above, hashrate is decreasing after the halving as expected. Due to that, the fee has increased and according to bitcoinfees, the recommded fee is 150 sat / per byte and there are a lot of unconfirmed transaction.
After halving, we can say some miners have left. What do you think? More miners will leave too? And what if hashrate drop more?

The hash rate is declining but the drop has been fairly modest. Difficulty is still technically slated to increase in 4 days, although it will probably become a modest (1-2%) decrease by then. It may take 2 difficulty adjustments for the fee market to normalize, but I see no cause for concern.

Fees have also been driven up by increased exchange activity recently, which usually coincides with boosts in price.

By the way, I strongly recommend Johoe's mempool viewer over Earn.com. 110-120 satoshis/byte is likely to get next block confirmation at this time despite what Earn.com says.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
May 14, 2020, 11:37:28 PM
Notwithstanding the drop, the current hashrate is still higher than it was several days ago. I guess there is nothing alarming with the current drop. After all, it is somehow expected, with others even seeing around a third of the entire mining firms probably shutting down operations.

Hashrate dropping means difficulty declining. So there will probably be a bounce back a couple of weeks later. In addition, the fee per transaction which is approaching $6 and the price of Bitcoin approaching $10,000 will probably compensate the halved reward.

It is worth noting that Bitcoin has gone as low as ~$3,000 months ago but with the hashrate not showing any worrisome drop. So, I guess we can easily weather this drop right now. 
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
Community Manager - Blockchain analyst
May 14, 2020, 11:13:54 PM
BTC just halving some day, so I think this is temporary condition. The hashrate is dropping because the blockreward is down a half But the Diff of Bitcoin is still like after halving (Because the diff will re- calculate after 14 day). So I think, after diff of Bitcoin is calculated, the hashrate will be increase
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2012
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
May 14, 2020, 10:51:08 PM
As you can see above, hashrate is decreasing after the halving as expected. Due to that, the fee has increased and according to bitcoinfees, the recommded fee is 150 sat / per byte and there are a lot of unconfirmed transaction.
After halving, we can say some miners have left. What do you think? More miners will leave too? And what if hashrate drop more?
Pages:
Jump to: