Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashrate RX 470 - page 27. (Read 135025 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 15
September 14, 2016, 01:10:04 PM
Anyone using asus 470 rx strix 4 gb? Which settings are you using on your cards in wattman?

Thanks for any suggestion! Cheesy

in this thread page 5 there are two different settings post for the strix.

On another note, I still can't seem to find driver/software combination that will allow me to see temp and change the settings without a monitor physically attached.  With hdmi to a tv I was able to use both above mentioned settings with good results, though right now I am running headless, I don't know what settings are being used and have stable hash of 20.7 eth/ 310.6 sia.  Claymore is not seeing temps, gpu-z doesn't see temp, but fan 59% 1730 RPM, Gpu load 100% and GPU Power draw @ 90-98 W while I've been typing.

Activity: 653
Merit: 500
September 14, 2016, 12:30:27 PM
advanced - change the gpu bios
normal - bring the voltage down (try until it crashes).  underclock the core clock if it lets you, overclock the mem clock if it lets you and set a custom fan profile to your liking.  i like trixx better than the asus one, but if you have an asus card maybe its better i havent much experience with it.  if it works, it works.

Would you mind sharing a custom BIOS ?
I've my 480 Flashed but i cannot find a nice bios for 470

This is because there is no reference specified by AMD for 470s - you may have different memory and then it may not work.

Yeah, i got you. But i'm pretty sure that plenty of people have build their custom rom for Non-reference cards and i hope that someone will share it Smiley
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
September 14, 2016, 12:04:48 PM
Guys im having some problems getting windows 10 detecting my 4 asus 470  Sad it only detects 3 no matter what i do

Besides that im having some problems too with the hashrate, 1 of the 3 cards its getting really low hashrate, any suggestion?

I hadnt touched anything on any cards (bios, voltages or anything)

Im using lastest version of claymore (7.0)

https://www.mediafire.com/?1z0bm9n3uvajrxe

https://www.mediafire.com/?22evbb4cmjle4o8

Im running this on a Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gbps USB 3.0 ATX AM3+ Socket DDR3 1600 + AMD FX 4-Core Black Edition FX-4300 with EVGA 1000GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-1000-V1

I really appreciate it any suggestion
Activity: 653
Merit: 500
September 14, 2016, 10:38:29 AM
normal - bring the voltage down (try until it crashes).  underclock the core clock if it lets you, overclock the mem clock if it lets you and set a custom fan profile to your liking.  i like trixx better than the asus one, but if you have an asus card maybe its better i havent much experience with it.  if it works, it works.

Would you mind sharing a custom BIOS ?
I've my 480 Flashed but i cannot find a nice bios for 470
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
September 14, 2016, 12:19:50 AM
just want to ask, which is better selling my R9 390 for buying new Rx470? or i continue to use R9390?
currently i get 31.3mhs(eth)+320mhs(siacoin.
September 13, 2016, 11:43:44 PM

I downloaded watttool seems pretty straight forward! anyone win asus strix 470 4 gb got some settings that can recommend me? thanks  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
September 13, 2016, 10:53:23 PM
September 13, 2016, 09:40:54 PM
Anyone using asus 470 rx strix 4 gb? Which settings are you using on your cards in wattman?

Thanks for any suggestion! Cheesy
Activity: 64
September 13, 2016, 02:14:53 PM
Hi guys i have 4 asus rx 470 4g and i have this psu:
EVGA 1000GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-1000-V1

Ive been reading this polaris cards draws a lot of power from the pci slot, so i shouldnt use usb risers with sata connectors right?, i read that i should use usb risers that use molex connectors, but my psu only have 1 "perif1" output with 1 string of molex connectors, and i should use 1 string per card right? what do you suggest me? thanks

This is my 1st mining rig and im really worried

Whatever you do, always check wires for excessive heating.  if its getting hot, it might burn.  now some other poster said that at 2000mhz memory, the pci slots uses 55 watts all the time.  So a sata connector should be o.k. for a 470.  try one card per wire, but I'm guessing you could put 2 on one molex wire though (not on one connector).  do a little watts math and check for heat, and you should be good.  You might want to buy better quality sata to molex adaptors too to be safe.

If you have the 6 pin PCIE connectors, it is better to use powered risers. Otherwise you might burn the mother board.
September 13, 2016, 11:21:57 AM
EVGA 1000GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-1000-V1

Ive been reading this polaris cards draws a lot of power from the pci slot, so i shouldnt use usb risers with sata connectors right?, i read that i should use usb risers that use molex connectors, but my psu only have 1 "perif1" output with 1 string of molex connectors, and i should use 1 string per card right? what do you suggest me? thanks

Whatever you do, always check wires for excessive heating.  if its getting hot, it might burn.  now some other poster said that at 2000mhz memory, the pci slots uses 55 watts all the time.  So a sata connector should be o.k. for a 470.  try one card per wire, but I'm guessing you could put 2 on one molex wire though (not on one connector).  do a little watts math and check for heat, and you should be good.  You might want to buy better quality sata to molex adaptors too to be safe.

Thanks man will do that, im new to the mining thing i must say haha, so im reading and reading and reading again and again, cause im worried i dont want to melt my rig  Shocked

im checking the software included on the asus 470 rx cd called asus gpu tweak, is that software any good?

this are my settings right now, im setting up the cards right now, like i said, my 1st rig, any advice_ what i should tune down?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/lz7txk4w33whrp9/settings.jpg
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
September 13, 2016, 10:25:55 AM

Whatever you do, always check wires for excessive heating.  if its getting hot, it might burn.  now some other poster said that at 2000mhz memory, the pci slots uses 55 watts all the time.  So a sata connector should be o.k. for a 470.  try one card per wire, but I'm guessing you could put 2 on one molex wire though (not on one connector).  do a little watts math and check for heat, and you should be good.  You might want to buy better quality sata to molex adaptors too to be safe.
September 13, 2016, 07:48:37 AM

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
September 12, 2016, 09:03:49 AM
hyy,
i want to add VDDC and VDDCI offset "inside" the rom with a HexEditor (Rx 470 / Rx 480)......I have analyse the ROms with Hex Editor und AtomBioseditor and so an

like This:
http://www.overclock.net/image/id/12261435/width/900/height/900/flags/LL

have someone the Solution? / tried it?

lg blue
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
September 11, 2016, 09:11:15 PM
omg whats with the ground effect lighting on the msi 470? it actually responds really well to overclock in the amd gpu pro open source drivers. better than my 480s.

have not flashed any rom yet though, keeping my cards stock for resale when PoS comes which i expect is soon.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
September 11, 2016, 04:14:14 PM
Right out of the gate install Trixx and hit the power tune slider and take it down until you start to affect the hash rate and apply and save it.  That will knock a chunk out of the power consumption.  Then go back and start tweaking the vbios. 

Thanks guys ... Trixx did the trick ... but doesn't always seem to keep all the settings when saved  Sad

After some playing ... the rig is set to: Fans at 60% (av. temp 57c), Power Limit -35%, Memory Clock at 12100 ... power dropped by 200W and sitting stable at 600W with all 4 cards hashing at 97M/hs ... so only 1 M/hs slower for 200W saving.  Grin  (6.19W per M/hs).

I've been mining BTC on ASICS for the last few years, so getting to grips with the world of GPU mining.

... I'll see if I can make any more power savings.

(Also have another 4 card rig, same hardware spec. except running x4 MSI R7 370 4gb cards slightly overclocked at 52M/hs drawing 500W, so 9.62W per M/hz isn't looking so attractive now).

About the only thing that seems to work and stick between restarts is the power level and the fans level.  All the other settings go away.  And with the 470 it does not appear to do anything when you adjust the core or memory speeds in Trixx, you need to modify the bios to get that working correctly and get the has rate your looking for.  So Trixx is fine to get the power consumption under control, but to get the has rate you need to tweak the cards a bit.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
September 11, 2016, 04:11:29 PM
little help,  I have asus rx 470 4g:  I am dumbfounded as to how to monitor temp and OC without having connected to monitor?  I have it mining using claymores and it is hashing @ 20.7 around 96 watts +/- 10 but gpu-z shows --0c, 0.0 MHz for core and memory.  If I plug in hdmi to my tv everything works and is recognized in gpu tweak II, afterburn, clamymore and gpu-z. I'm able to adjust settings and hash around 22 while temps are being displayed.  problem is if I leave hdmi hooked up, when I use this computer it slows to around 7.  I want to use this card to replace r7 370's in mining rig, but not without being able to monitor temps and clocks?

With Claymore it is easy to monitor temps and hashrate, but I don't know about clocks.  Use the dual miner manager that you downloaded when you got a copy of Claymore.  It is in a directory in your Claymore download, you simply run it, add the name and IP of the miners your monitoring and you get a screen showing you all your miners in one place.  And you can reboot and do some remote management from in that tool. 
Activity: 124
Merit: 15
September 10, 2016, 06:58:18 PM
little help,  I have asus rx 470 4g:  I am dumbfounded as to how to monitor temp and OC without having connected to monitor?  I have it mining using claymores and it is hashing @ 20.7 around 96 watts +/- 10 but gpu-z shows --0c, 0.0 MHz for core and memory.  If I plug in hdmi to my tv everything works and is recognized in gpu tweak II, afterburn, clamymore and gpu-z. I'm able to adjust settings and hash around 22 while temps are being displayed.  problem is if I leave hdmi hooked up, when I use this computer it slows to around 7.  I want to use this card to replace r7 370's in mining rig, but not without being able to monitor temps and clocks?
Activity: 57
September 10, 2016, 12:55:14 PM
Right out of the gate install Trixx and hit the power tune slider and take it down until you start to affect the hash rate and apply and save it.  That will knock a chunk out of the power consumption.  Then go back and start tweaking the vbios. 

Thanks guys ... Trixx did the trick ... but doesn't always seem to keep all the settings when saved  Sad

After some playing ... the rig is set to: Fans at 60% (av. temp 57c), Power Limit -35%, Memory Clock at 12100 ... power dropped by 200W and sitting stable at 600W with all 4 cards hashing at 97M/hs ... so only 1 M/hs slower for 200W saving.  Grin  (6.19W per M/hs).

I've been mining BTC on ASICS for the last few years, so getting to grips with the world of GPU mining.

(Also have another 4 card rig, same hardware spec. except running x4 MSI R7 370 4gb cards slightly overclocked at 52M/hs drawing 500W, so 9.62W per M/hz isn't looking so attractive now).

You may save more energy by reducing the memory voltage and change the memory timing strap on the cards.
Activity: 471
September 10, 2016, 12:36:12 PM

Activity: 353
September 10, 2016, 11:40:55 AM
i have been following up on this thread for quite sometime and seeing a lot of success story that hit 28mhs. Is there a for DUMMY version or FAQ or even someone willing to guide me on how to achieve it?

I am running 2 x RX 470 and 2 x RX 480.
Pages:
Jump to: