Pages:
Author

Topic: have any of you even read the VNL whitepaper.... groundbreaking!!! - page 2. (Read 1542 times)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250
nice article on VNL

http://alt.report/altcoins/item/314-vnl-vanilla-coin-not-as-plain-as-the-n

expanded report

"Vanilla coin was launched in December 2014, currently Being developed by John Connor. Vanillacoin is not a clone of Bitcoin or Peercoin, it was engineered from the ground up and is designed to be innovative and forward-thinking. It prevents eavesdropping and censorship and has security in mind. Vanilla has come a long way from launch, still mineable using the WhirlpoolX algo and has GPU/CPU support. You are are also able to mine Vanilla using FPGA's. Vanilla uses random ports at startup. This means your ISP doesn't know what you're doing just by monitoring your ports, like it can with bitcoin, peercoin or even darkcoin. All TCP network connections are secured using the Elliptic Curve Cryptography Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security. So all your ISP sees is normal SSL traffic. Vanilla also uses a multitier architecture design that enable it to scale better than any crypto based on a single tier architecture like Bitcoin.

Just looking at their Bitcoin Talk ANN  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-vnl-vanillacoin-041-instant-incentivized-innovative-977245 is very well laid out. Its not often you see a alt coin with such a detailed ANN, very professional and transparent with their tech and future plans. They have their typical road map, white paper, and 4 month plan which gives investors a good idea what is in store for Vanilla. According to John Connor this is his full time job and by the looks of the github I cannot dispute that statement.

Some of the features already released and or in the works:

ZERO TIME- Is already implemented, and was the first alt coin to do so. 1 second transactions, and respendable in 2-3 seconds, this is very impressive.

NODE Incentive- 10k VNL to support the network, this is already in place and Super Peers will get a percentage of POW running the Node.

Energy Efficient POS - mobile wallets to use close to 0% of cpu while staking

Miner ++ Is a high performance C++11 cryptographic currency library that is not a clone of the original Satoshi codebase. It is 100% backwards compatible with Peercoin or any derived cryptographic currency.

Dark ++ (Work in progress) A framework for building or extending decentralized DarkNet applicants.

John Connor states that this is just the beginning and to date the releases have not disappointed.  I am looking forward to the tech that comes out of Vanilla and hopefully some more mainstream attention due to their groundbreaking updates and released features." 
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002
Is this a half-baked whitepaper?

Very half-baked, yes.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Author
John Connor

Now where have I heard that name on this forum?

I skimmed over the white paper. Honestly looks like a lot of hand waving. Perhaps there is something notable in there but if there is I don't see it.

Does not appear to be math/proof based...just snippets of code which supposedly "fix" bitcoin's problems.

Prove it with math and an actual proof (actual examples) not hand waving.

Also...

Randomports
Random ports are used as to not advertise to the world that we are operating a cryptographic currency node.

And there are no drawbacks to using random ports?

I'm pretty sure randomizing the ports between nodes will cause some problems in some ways. This has not been discussed at all that whitepaper.

Is this a half-baked whitepaper?
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Superpeer collateral (10k) is just under 1 BTC (0.99) at polo. #ProTip  Wink

http://vanillacoin.net/wiki/Technologies/Node%20Incentives.md
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
http://vanillacoin.net/papers/vanillacoin.pdf

clearly VNL has solved most of the problems facing Bitcoin, and soon all the Darknet coins once Dark++ has been released.

please do yourself a favour and become educated.
Pages:
Jump to: