Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been infected with Covid-19? - page 4. (Read 652 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 151
They're tactical
January 06, 2022, 03:09:19 PM
Thank you, not sure which variant I got, Omicron sounds less intimidating than Delta, especially for those who are vaccinated. It's frustrating though, that I still get fever every day.

As far as i understand most of the symptoms are mild but they can also last for a long time, as this virus seems good at evading the immune, survive in pockets, get in differents organs, and potentially lead to long lasting condition which many repport being frustrating albeit not being life threatening.

The thing you can try if it doesnt go away is garlic, honney ( royal jelly), echinacea, vitamins ( mostly C, D ), clearing your nose ( neti pots ) .
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
January 06, 2022, 02:42:48 PM
Thank you, I've recently read that despite Omicron variant being currently dominant, the analogy of cases between Delta and Omicron are approximately 60/40. Unfortunately, can't find the source of the article, its information could even be invalid as we speak. What's frustrating though is that I'm suddenly developing a fever, starting from early - late afternoon, every single day.

So this means the docs couldn't reliably determine which variant you have? That's seriously fucked up.
That's a long story, you'll need a PCR to identify the variant, I only took a Rapid Antigen Test, PCRs are costly, while even if you take one at a public hospital, which is a hassle process with long waiting hours to get tested, it's almost impossible to find someone who will answer that question. I can only speak regarding my area's hospital. Samples are sent to another hospital in a nearby city, taking hours to receive the results, while it's unknown who to contact in order to learn something so simple.

On top of that, the government's website is crap, the test result, along with its variant if positive, should be available online, using your social security number. Instead of that, you can only access negative PCR/Rapid test and generate a certificate, while in case of a positive result, it only prompts you to issue your certificate of recovery.
Im pretty sure i had a delta variant in the begining of last year. Symptoms were running nose, sore throat, and mostly brain fog. It lasted for 2 weeks or so and the brain fog was super bad, zero memory, unable to focus etc. Didnt have super high fever. Started to get scared because it didnt go away, and heard of long terme covid, started to throw all i could find as supplement, vitamin, herbals etc then eventually it went away.

I would not worry too much either but dont underestimate it either, take your vitamins, isolate, stay warm etc for it not to take root and not turning into a long covid which i read can still lead to some permanent damage.

Hope you recover soon take care.
Thank you, not sure which variant I got, Omicron sounds less intimidating than Delta, especially for those who are vaccinated. It's frustrating though, that I still get fever every day.
Activity: 322
Merit: 151
They're tactical
January 06, 2022, 02:16:07 PM
Im pretty sure i had a delta variant in the begining of last year. Symptoms were running nose, sore throat, and mostly brain fog. It lasted for 2 weeks or so and the brain fog was super bad, zero memory, unable to focus etc. Didnt have super high fever. Started to get scared because it didnt go away, and heard of long terme covid, started to throw all i could find as supplement, vitamin, herbals etc then eventually it went away.

I would not worry too much either but dont underestimate it either, take your vitamins, isolate, stay warm etc for it not to take root and not turning into a long covid which i read can still lead to some permanent damage.

Hope you recover soon take care.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
January 06, 2022, 02:12:47 PM
Thank you, I've recently read that despite Omicron variant being currently dominant, the analogy of cases between Delta and Omicron are approximately 60/40. Unfortunately, can't find the source of the article, its information could even be invalid as we speak. What's frustrating though is that I'm suddenly developing a fever, starting from early - late afternoon, every single day.

So this means the docs couldn't reliably determine which variant you have? That's seriously fucked up.
January 06, 2022, 12:35:13 PM
Both my girlfriend and I have been infected with Covid-19, not sure which variant though. The disease was passed to us from one of her stupid friends, who was careless and was out drinking every night.  Symptoms include, headache, sudden fever (up to 38 C), sore throat and coughing, while my tonsils look swelled and inflamed.

This is the fourth day after I got diagnosed as positive, while the quarantine supposedly last 5 days. I highly doubt it that I'll be able to get back to work by Saturday. Have you been recently infected? What symptoms did you have, and how long did the infection last?

I know people who've been infected recently (in the UK), and it's all the omicron variant, which is sweeping through the population very rapidly. Check the data for your country, but it's likely omicron that you have. If so, it's relatively good news in that the symptoms for this variant are on average much less severe.

Forgot about work for a while. Hope you both get better soon.
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
January 06, 2022, 12:32:48 PM
I was tested and was negative. Before I went for the test I was having symptoms like feeling dizzy,  constant headache and cough so I had to go and check my self up. I have some relatives and friends who were test positive buy they got treatment and vaccination and they are fine and strong. Don't worry @OP you will be fine too.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
January 06, 2022, 11:58:14 AM
Both my girlfriend and I have been infected with Covid-19, not sure which variant though. The disease was passed to us from one of her stupid friends, who was careless and was out drinking every night.  Symptoms include, headache, sudden fever (up to 38 C), sore throat and coughing, while my tonsils look swelled and inflamed.

This is the fourth day after I got diagnosed as positive, while the quarantine supposedly last 5 days. I highly doubt it that I'll be able to get back to work by Saturday. Have you been recently infected? What symptoms did you have, and how long did the infection last?

I know people who've been infected recently (in the UK), and it's all the omicron variant, which is sweeping through the population very rapidly. Check the data for your country, but it's likely omicron that you have. If so, it's relatively good news in that the symptoms for this variant are on average much less severe.

Forgot about work for a while. Hope you both get better soon.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
January 06, 2022, 11:52:54 AM
Most people only experience mild symptoms, if any symptoms at all.

Worth noting that most everyone in the world will eventually get Covid. Even the folks living remotely in Antarctica had Covid outbreak - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59848160. There is no point in controlling a highly transmissible upper respiratory virus. It's too late for that.

So if living in the most isolated continent in the world will not protect you, it's better to embrace it. Anywhere from 3 in 10 to 4 in 10 cases are asymptomatic, and roughly 10 percent of cases (probably even less) are severely symptomatic. Roughly 5 percent of confirmed Covid cases result in a person being admitted in the hospital. Approximately 0.1 percent of overall cases result in death (0.1 percent death rate without vaccination, to be clear). And, some have speculated, for every one confirmed Covid test case, there could be 4x as much unconfirmed cases, at a minimum.

With Omicron, highly transmissible and less than 100 deaths world wide, perhaps millions of confirmed cases. A death rate of virtually zero.

Covid is now more mild than the flu.
January 06, 2022, 08:17:11 AM

Pages:
Jump to: