Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed BTC? What will you do if your bitcoin get scammed? - page 3. (Read 2524 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
I have been scammed by a jewellery site, where they claimed the ornament was made from 24 carat gold and then it turned out that the thing

was gold plated and not solid gold. I paid the guy and they stalled the delivery until they moved the bitcoin to another address through a mixer

services and then they closed the site. It was very expensive and I lost a bunch of money on that...  but I learned a valuable lesson from this. I

will not make a mistake like that again.  Angry
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
I got scammed twice, first I was scammed 0.7btc a few years ago on a HYIP site(my greediness) and the second time I was scammed 0.05btc on a bitcoin forum for a gift card.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
i have also been scammed with HYIP, but very few amount of bitcoin, 0.2, 0.1, nothing too drastic, i was just trying and hope to use the profit from the website to keep my investment running

but they run away very fast these day, not like the old day where bitcoin was at 200 and they give you some time, when you invest big, before steal your money

now thye run away evne if you invest small amount, better to leave all the HYIP behind, mining is more profitable and legit

I think everyone who have invested in Hyips and those pyramid ponzi schemes have got scammed in the past and will get scammed in the future. I used to try and oversmart those sites by investing early and cashout before they go scam. But it was not succesfull all the time. Hyips are made to scam people.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Have you ever been scammed? And what will you do if your bitcoin get scammed?

Few years ago, it seemed to be the beginning of 2013, I did not remember clearly, I've ever been scammed for nearly 20 BTC, I funded a gambling site, my account got frozen without any reason few hours after I funded.

I could do nothing except crying.
Most of us here already experienced it. Not only scam in investment  site  but even trying to trade  it peer to peer that's why we need to be wise enough to protect our money from those scammer just want to have easy money.

Trading peer to peer? Did you mean somewhere like localbitcoins?
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?

Few years ago, it seemed to be the beginning of 2013, I did not remember clearly, I've ever been scammed for nearly 20 BTC, I funded a gambling site, my account got frozen without any reason few hours after I funded.

Most of us here already experienced it. Not only scam in investment  site  but even trying to trade  it peer to peer that's why we need to be wise enough to protect our money from those scammer just want to have easy money.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
i have also been scammed with HYIP, but very few amount of bitcoin, 0.2, 0.1, nothing too drastic, i was just trying and hope to use the profit from the website to keep my investment running

but they run away very fast these day, not like the old day where bitcoin was at 200 and they give you some time, when you invest big, before steal your money

now thye run away evne if you invest small amount, better to leave all the HYIP behind, mining is more profitable and legit
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
the only time i can say i was "scammed" is when i invest in an altcoin and the manipulators dump it and i lose money. and that is only because no amount of research or analysis can predict their dumping.

other times i always do extensive research before doing anything and this is not just bitcoin related, so no i have no other cases fortunately.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Lucky for me that I have not been tempted into investing in these high yield investment programs because I have been doing a lot of reading about the complaints and regrets of those who have become victims of scams. I do not need to learn from my own experience as the experience of others is enough for me to shy away from these scams. I just try to patiently hold my bitcoins and accumulate as much as I can.

I got scammed by one guy which worth of 0.02 btc around in LBC trade. You could have checked in account and I have a sent a negative to his account. It happened more than a year before i guess. Please always aware of newbies while you involves in any trade.
Try to use escrow in all your trade and you would not get scammed.
To make safe your money in trading someone find trusted escrow much better to pay service fee than you get scammed.
Me i experience scammed in mining sites i have invest for 3 times in mining site at first i get their payment but in the long run your investment will no longer return it to you.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
Lucky for me that I have not been tempted into investing in these high yield investment programs because I have been doing a lot of reading about the complaints and regrets of those who have become victims of scams. I do not need to learn from my own experience as the experience of others is enough for me to shy away from these scams. I just try to patiently hold my bitcoins and accumulate as much as I can.

I got scammed by one guy which worth of 0.02 btc around in LBC trade. You could have checked in account and I have a sent a negative to his account. It happened more than a year before i guess. Please always aware of newbies while you involves in any trade.
Try to use escrow in all your trade and you would not get scammed.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 276
Yes I had been scammed, by cloud mining, by ponzi and by people, that is why I never trust cloud mining, ponzi and be really careful to do transaction with stranger, there is not much you can do, just learn from mistake and accept that my bitcoin is gone forever since bitcoin is not legal and it is hard to tracked the scammer identity
Yeah me too when i first dont know how high yield investment programs and ponzi schemes are working.I have been scammed many times by this kind of investments and never tried it again.I said to my self that i will never ever joing ponzis again for me to not be scammed anymore
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
I been scammed through HYIP sites I was just try because I think it's easy when  first try them still pay when the second I deposit more the site don't pay even though it includes a new website. then I can only laugh at my stupid behavior.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

I have been scammed many times but I did not lost an amount which is as big as yours. I have been scammed three times first was by perfect hash then it was followed MCOUB and then the last time was hashocean a fake mining site. When I was scammed all I can do is to find other ways to earn bitcoin so at least I can get back what I lost. And so I succeeded and I won back through other means the amount of btc lost and with that effort I did not stop earning until now.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
Yes I have been scammed cloud mining site the hashocean I deposited 0.065 btc I thought it would be last forever. I haven't received my profit yet on hashocean and also I lost my bitcoins in wallet when I clicked a phishing site at first I didn't knew it was a phishing site so I've entered my details on that site and hours later when I've checked the wallet it was all gone. Sad

so, I've learned my lesson never trust everyone in facebook groups
Activity: 882
Merit: 260

As of now I  didn't experienced to get scammed by other people or gambling sites. But what if I get scammed? Probably I'll get very mad and at the same time I get bored or I will feel I like to get all my capital because if you work hard to earn such amount of bitcoin and then in just one snap all of your earnings are gone because you've been scammed. I will report it to a authorize person and I will get help to those people who is responsible. Nothing will happen if you didn't act and just sit there crying and begging. You need to move and act so that your bitcoin will get back. Smiley
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
It looked like everyone got scammed when they were new to the new technology and like everyone even i was scammed believing a double site because whenever i sent them a small amount they used to return within the specified time and when it deposited 0.5 btc they never bothered to return back and these all happened in 2015 and that was a good lesson.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 268
50% bonus on your First Topup
I experience being scammed in some double your BTC site in 24-48 hours. I got influence by those people in facebook posting about being paid after 24 hours. Then I invested 0.02btc from all of my earnings. Then After i invested few hours, It becomes scam! the site just gone like a bubble. I regretted and I'm so frustrated because that was only earnings for almost 3 months that time, I only earned from faucet sites that day, ( I didn't know this forum yet) But that was a lesson for me now for easily trusting sites like that.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Getting scammed in bitcoin happens a lot, i might as well say everybody who started to learn bitcoin got scammed as well at some point.
I got scammed several times as well in these sites that's so called cloud mining
They're nothing but ponzi schemes and with bitcoin anonymous feature there is nothing much i could do to take back my money.
Activity: 420
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
I'm happy to say that I was never scammed since I joined the Bitcoin Community, because the friend who introduced me bitcoin told me to be very vigilant and not to believe when someone offer's something like making your money double in just a week. But if that will happen to me then I'll take it as a lesson to never trust your money to anyone.
Activity: 413
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yes almost all bitcoins users do experienced scammed bitcoins and people or site scamming them.You cannot do anything if your bitcoins was scammed,once you sent it to the scammer or to the site all you can do is cry and accept what you have done.Bitcoins is not like paypal that transaction can be revise and refunded,bitcoin transactions is unstopable
Pages:
Jump to: