Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? How did they approached you? - page 5. (Read 899 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 104
They are approaching me in the telegram mostly under the admin name and picture.
I know that admins never PM first, so I ignore them, sometimes playing their game just to see how sophisticated they are.
For example they are following you in the telegram group and when see that you are active they pm you.
I was almost trapped  by phishing sites as well.
Activity: 185
Merit: 0
Very few Telegram groups warn their members and give the list of admins.
If there's any new comers or basic questions, these people become the victims.
We should take note of the pinned note as well
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
I do not understand why people are very gullible and ready to send their money to unknown people who write them personal messages. Administrators of telegram groups (ico projects) never write first. Why people are not smart enough to check the information, setting it in a group where the person is supposedly the administrator.

I guess most of their victims are people who are not familiar with telegram or even with ICOs. Maybe they don't even know what a pinned message is. In addition, it seems clear that they are a little naive as well.
Activity: 518
Merit: 105
It is very funny when people are cheated in this way. I do not understand why people are very gullible and ready to send their money to unknown people who write them personal messages. Administrators of telegram groups (ico projects) never write first. Why people are not smart enough to check the information, setting it in a group where the person is supposedly the administrator.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
Never been scammed before and because I know their modus operandi, especially on ICO telegrams, they slip into your private messages in the guise of admins seeking to trying to help, it's very easy the detect the crooks
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
Their strategy is very obvious so if you think that they will offer you the way they are doing, just ignore them.

It's funny to see on how they are approaching "new members". That's fishy as if they are really approaching one by one, that's just their strategy on how they can fool new members as if these people don't know that they are scam.
Activity: 194
Merit: 2
I get messages everyday in Telegram.
Most of them approached me as investors, group admins or affiliates.

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.
Pages:
Jump to: