Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you ever been hacked on a crypto trading platform? (share your experience) - page 3. (Read 587 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 250
Even if someone is using myetherwallet or a similar decentralized exchange they can still accidentally give their keys to hackers, just recently the DNS server of myetherwallet was hacked and people transfering ETH or tokens that put in their private keys to access their wallet were compromised.

For the best security use 2FA

Don't use priv keys anymore, use metamask or a hardware wallet to connect to myetherwallet

Use one email address for crypto exchanges, not a universal email for everything.

Dont post on social media with your real name and information about your crypto stuff

Bookmark sites so you dont get phised

Sorry about your friends loss, hope he can get passed it. good luck
It's true that I really agree with the suggestions that you have given, especially at this point.
Dont post on social media with your real name and information about your crypto stuff
Because in my opinion it will be very inviting hackers to find out who you are and start looking for information about your wallet then steal it, other than that for me there is no point in posting asset values on social media so you should never do that.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I was hacked but that's a while ago, the hacker managed to get my emails address and sent me a fake link, I didn't take time to look through the link, i went on to login and gave away my password, they gain access to my account, made away with little money on the account, since then, i have set up 2FA on all account so such thing won't happen again even though they manage to get my password and I will encourage everyone to always set their 2FA to be more secured.
In this forum number of hackers are always active so you should not share your experience because they are are all alert and plan for different kind of ideas. So we should avoid these kind of threads in this forum and some experts are never panic these kind of hacking issues but beginners are surely panic in trading platform.

This thread is not for hackers to update their skills, but for those who have been hacked and lost their valuables to share their experience so that others will learn and prevent such occurrence.. both newbies and "experts"
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
I was hacked but that's a while ago, the hacker managed to get my emails address and sent me a fake link, I didn't take time to look through the link, i went on to login and gave away my password, they gain access to my account, made away with little money on the account, since then, i have set up 2FA on all account so such thing won't happen again even though they manage to get my password and I will encourage everyone to always set their 2FA to be more secured.
In this forum number of hackers are always active so you should not share your experience because they are are all alert and plan for different kind of ideas. So we should avoid these kind of threads in this forum and some experts are never panic these kind of hacking issues but beginners are surely panic in trading platform.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
Even if someone is using myetherwallet or a similar decentralized exchange they can still accidentally give their keys to hackers, just recently the DNS server of myetherwallet was hacked and people transfering ETH or tokens that put in their private keys to access their wallet were compromised.

For the best security use 2FA

Don't use priv keys anymore, use metamask or a hardware wallet to connect to myetherwallet

Use one email address for crypto exchanges, not a universal email for everything.

Bookmark sites so you dont get phised

Sorry about your friends loss, hope he can get passed it. good luck
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Just yesterday my brother’s email was hacked for a period of 24 hours, during this period the hacker has already had access to all his trading accounts and transferred all his crypto assets worth over $5,000.

It was quite tragic, because the funds were not totally his, and it difficult to explain this scenario to his investors. From what i figured it was easy for the hacker to get away with such funds.

To avoid this kind of unfortunate incident, i implore crypto traders to make sure that there’s no loop holes in there trading accounts. I personally, trade on a hybrid trading platform (www.bbod.io) that runs a non-custodial smart contract wallet system where all account balances are held by a decentralized smart contract on the Ethereum blockchain. Centralized entities are too often hacked, our hybrid approach to decentralized safety combined with a centralized trading engine ensures the security of your funds whilst maintaining blazing fast transactions speeds.
Pages:
Jump to: