Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you invested more than you can afford to lose in Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2381 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
what can I say, 99.99% in bitcoin, never had a real job for 3 years. If btc fails, I just have to get back to work, party ends, no big deal,
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
No, never have and never will. I don't see it wise to invest more than I can afford in bitcoin as even though I believe bitcoin has a long way to go yet and I don't see if failing any time soon you never know what could happen as nobody can predict the future so I always stick to what I know I can afford to lose rather than spend loads and end up losing everything if things do go bad.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
I only invested in my GPUs. Every single BTC I own is made from mining and trading.

The rigs are all paid for at the moment.

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
If that 30% is answering honestly, that's a bit scary.
Activity: 686
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
I can afford to lose my investment without going bankcrupt but it would totally suck balls if that happened. If I would sell right now I guess I would pretty much get my initial investment out but I'm no doing that. It's either going to be awesome brilliant idea that I put some money in to btc or otherwise I'll go down with the ship I guess. Lets hope that better days are still to come my friends.

Ha, everyone doing this is helping keeping the ship afloat. Those 'bagholders', what a horrible term Cheesy, are the long-term support. A lot of people also aren't willing to cut their losses, and rather wait for a recovery: Usually a bad thing when it comes to trading, but for Bitcoin this may save the price.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
I can afford to lose my investment without going bankcrupt but it would totally suck balls if that happened. If I would sell right now I guess I would pretty much get my initial investment out but I'm no doing that. It's either going to be awesome brilliant idea that I put some money in to btc or otherwise I'll go down with the ship I guess. Lets hope that better days are still to come my friends.
Invest 1 month salary. You will have to work 1 month longer or you can retire years earlier.

If you're really believing in Bitcoin, you can invest more than that, in my opinion. But you should be really certain if you invest more than a years' salary in my opinion. You will be able to make that back in case things go wrong, but more may put too much of a dent in your savings-plans.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Invest 1 month salary. You will have to work 1 month longer or you can retire years earlier.
I'm on the edge but not over the edge. And that's where I feel most comfortable TBH.

Ha, well if you're someone who's rather regretting missed chances, than chances you blew, this is the way to go. It's a bit of my mindset, as well. I don't see anything as potential as Bitcoin these days, so I just go and say "Hey, if this really didn't work out, at least I've tried, it would be far worse if it worked out and I regretted not investing in it"
Activity: 351
I'm always grumpy in the morning.
I'm on the edge but not over the edge. And that's where I feel most comfortable TBH.
Activity: 507
Watchlist.. Prices.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
The only time you should borrow money to invest is if you have insider information.  So legally never.
I think this is the key point: You can be heavily invested in Bitcoin. Alright. But don't, for crying out loud, invest money you've borrowed, especially not for a (high) interest rate! This has disaster written all over it. This is effectively margin trading. People get wiped out all the time there, because they are forced to pay back their loan and end up with nothing.
Being 70% in Bitcoin is risky. Being 90% in Bitcoin is even more risky, hell yeah, but being 110% in Bitcoin is insane.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
Definitely not more than I can afford to lose! If we go down (i.e. sink completely) at this point, it will hurt. Quite a big bit, that's for sure. But I will still have conservative reserves, no outstanding debts to pay and am in no imminent danger of living in a cardboard box.

This sounds like someone with good mental health Smiley
Activity: 378
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
Definitely not more than I can afford to lose! If we go down (i.e. sink completely) at this point, it will hurt. Quite a big bit, that's for sure. But I will still have conservative reserves, no outstanding debts to pay and am in no imminent danger of living in a cardboard box.
legendary
Investing money is one thing but being greedy is not good. Looking at the yes votes some people are in for a rough ride.

this is like the definition of investing tho, lol

No a rough ride is having to sell off your investements because you cannot pay your rent.
Investing in a smart and controlled way let's you sleep at night since you can still pay your bills and allow for some unexpected circumstances.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Investing money is one thing but being greedy is not good. Looking at the yes votes some people are in for a rough ride.

this is like the definition of investing tho, lol

legendary

Bitcoin is high risk, high reward and I emphasize it to everyone I speak with. Other people I know marketed it to friends and family as a sure thing.
In this bear market a lot of people got burnt and still are waiting on recovery. Since I explained the risks and rewards to people they knew what they were getting into.
The people I know who didn't do that got an avalanche of shit on them.

You need to be a realist and realize that Bitcoin can still go two ways. Maybe the longterm is looking positive but there will always be prolonged periods of downtrends aswell.

Yes I am a true believer in Bitcoin, but to throw all your money at it is as your only hope is a very desperate measure.
Keep enough fiat in reserve so you don't have to sell off coins when your washingmachine or car breaks down.

Be smart, be a bit conservative.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Whoa... that is a lot of yes..

Looks like I am going to need strong hands.
legendary
Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001
Yes, I'm very heavily vested in Bitcoin.  Fortunately, I'm not (yet) at a loss.  Grin

I keep throwing each paycheck into BTC.  Under $500, me thinks is a steal.  
Pages:
Jump to: