Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you invested more than you can afford to lose in Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 2381 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069
I´ve invested 70% of my savings. I´ll sink with the ship, I don´t care. Without taking risks you never will have success.

Honestly, this.  The bitcoin winners will be in this circle, while the rest of the "diversified investment crowd" will make some money but will be going "Damn, if only I had invested 5X more at the time....shit".  

Remember, bitcoin gets 3x-5x orders of magnitude more expensive with each run up.  So get it while it's cheap NOW.
legendary
Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201
I´ve invested 70% of my savings. I´ll sink with the ship, I don´t care. Without taking risks you never will have success.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Definitely not. Losing all wouldn't change a thing. At least now.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Decentralize All The Things!
I have cut all my expenses to the bones and put all the resulting spare money into bitcoins - I rarely eat meat and I literally haven't bought anything for myself other than food and bitcoins for a very long time now. I've also sold a lot of things that I never used anymore and put the money from that into bitcoins as well. These activities have resulted in a surprisingly large amount of wealth that I would never have imagined that I'd be able to accumulate.

So, no, I have not invested more money than I can afford to lose. It would not be fun for me if btc goes to zero, but I will not end up on the street or be in debt. On the other hand I have to gamble on this with a large enough bet that it can potentially change my life for the better. If you never do anything risky in life you'll never win either.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
probably and may eventually invest alot more soon Cool Wink
If the potential gains are worth less than the potential losses you sir have made a mistake.

So wrong. You can't strike out looking, only swinging.  Evaluating this way is overly simplistic.  That is how people end up chasing bad risk, getting in trouble, and making the situation worse.

And, no, I have definitely not invested more than I can afford to lose. 
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
If the potential gains are worth less than the potential losses you sir have made a mistake.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1003
--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77
Most people wouldn't know until they've actually lost them. For me, I can loose my bitcoin and still have no problem paying my bills, but it would still hurt a fair bit.  Cheesy
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Nope that is rule number one. I have earned most my Btc and not converted to usd. The only investment I lose is time
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
Self explanatory subject
Pages:
Jump to: