Pages:
Author

Topic: Having fun with crypto. - page 5. (Read 1025 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 10
January 06, 2018, 11:35:12 AM
Actually I, too, think it's much smarter to work on solving some of the problems of BTC. First of all, your coin will be connected to the . well-known brandname of BTC, and second - it will be useful. So way much more possibilities here.  Wink
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 06, 2018, 11:00:43 AM
A better approach imho is to contribute to an existing coin. The use cases to which you are exposed are incomparable to what you could do by yourself.
How to do that? Simple. Choose a project in which you believe, contact the team, ask them how could you help them and start working in as much time as you have.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
January 06, 2018, 05:23:05 AM
I suspect that  by 2.0+ much of our 'open-source' will have gone away, because this stuff is too valuable to give away for free, thus IMHO if I had '3.0' today, I would wait until the right time, so that you don't have to give it away, just for  another guy to steal and market it, ...
Open source is a good thing, because bugs are corrected faster as there are more eyes searching for them. Also it is easier to make an improved "bitcoin" when the source code is available.

Quote from: bitfools
It sucks and I'm not advocating, but this is the TREND, there was no such thing as 'free software' prior to 1999, and we're almost at 19 years, and NOTHING lasts forever.

There has always been free software. The concept of selling software is much much newer.

Activity: 112
Merit: 12
January 06, 2018, 03:41:59 AM
Hey folks,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Just started compiling litecoin, but I've been into crypto since 2013 and I'm an engineer so this is pretty fun.

My master plan is to release my own coin.

Going for a true sh1tcoin with a $500 market cap! to the moon!!!!!!!

Seriously though, its pathetically easy to 'clone' a coin, ... that's why there is +2,000 shit-coins on the internet, and probably more, that don't get marketed, and hyped

Try to make it new and interesting, try to solve some of the problems of BTC ( there are 100's of reasons btc sucks ), if you can make it better, then it's not a shit-coin, ...

For  the past six years, I look at my first clone, and the only useful thing is that doing it is a great way to learn the bitcoin source, but honestly, and i think that HACKING-BITCOIN is a way better way to learn BTC, as in hacking you must really understand stuff, while 'cloning' is really just an exercise in cut&paste.

Also there are some real nice coins like BITCoIN-Z that lay dormant on this FORUM, that are actually pretty nice, well in that case other than the cap being 21 BILLION,rather than 21 million, but for its 'tech' its much better than bitcoin-gold.

Make a list of all the things that suck about BITCOIN, and try to find ways for your shit-coin to resolve the issues, the world will be on your doorstep.

Sometimes its NOT good to be TOO early, sometimes its better to be just right, we're at bitcoin 1.0, 2.0 is an unknown, and 3.0 will probably when it hits critical mass, we're still very early, I suspect that  by 2.0+ much of our 'open-source' will have gone away, because this stuff is too valuable to give away for free, thus IMHO if I had '3.0' today, I would wait until the right time, so that you don't have to give it away, just for  another guy to steal and market it, ...

It sucks and I'm not advocating, but this is the TREND, there was no such thing as 'free software' prior to 1999, and we're almost at 19 years, and NOTHING lasts forever.
copper member
Activity: 100
January 06, 2018, 03:14:53 AM
Nice! I've actually forked litecoin 0.8 last night, and am well on my way to creating a useless coin!

Let me know when you've done yours :-)
Activity: 5
January 05, 2018, 07:32:16 PM
Haha, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I want to create my own crypto for educational purposes. Here's nice place to see general idea on how it can be done: https://github.com/conradoqg/naivecoin
copper member
Activity: 100
January 05, 2018, 06:49:53 PM
Coin has been launched properly

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2813560.0;topicseen

I actually ended up creating a useful coin (at least in my opinion) - MURFCOIN should provide some value to the world and rescue animals everywhere!

Thanks to everyone to tested and mined on the v0.8 network - you should now switch to the new client.

Pages:
Jump to: