Pages:
Author

Topic: Having Trouble With Electrum Wallet Recovery - page 3. (Read 423 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 855
Let’s get back to where you restored the wallet, hope you did that correctly because electrum has two seed formats.
What do you mean by "two seed formats"? Are you talking about the script type?

In the case the seed phrase has been generated by electrum itself, its type is recognized by electrum once you enter it.
It's not possible to generate a legacy wallet from a segwit seed phrase or vice versa.

If the seed phrase has not been generated by electrum and that's BIP39, there would be three script types, not two.

The scripts was what I meant, since OP didn’t specify maybe he generated the seed from electrum but rather was trying to recover his electrum wallet which could have been an old seed not generated by electrum but previously used on electrum before the change of his computer
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
Let’s get back to where you restored the wallet, hope you did that correctly because electrum has two seed formats.
What do you mean by "two seed formats"? Are you talking about the script type?

In the case the seed phrase has been generated by electrum itself, its type is recognized by electrum once you enter it.
It's not possible to generate a legacy wallet from a segwit seed phrase or vice versa.

If the seed phrase has not been generated by electrum and that's BIP39, there would be three script types, not two.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
Let’s get back to where you restored the wallet, hope you did that correctly because electrum has two seed formats. Make sure you’re doing restoration right. You can as well follow this process here https://bitcoinelectrum.com/frequently-asked-questions/#why-does-restoring-my-wallet-from-seed-lead-to-a-different-wallet

Also if the previous seed had a passphrase and you forgot to add it then it might show an empty wallet.

If all this are ok then try the tips above by Omega
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
I change my computer and tried to recover the electrum wallet with the seed, followed the instructions and.... the wallet is empty.
Any idea what's going on?

Start by first making sure that you're connected to Elcetrum's server and there's a green dot on the bottom right corner of the app, and then check your transaction history, can you see any funds being sent to addresses you cannot recognize?

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I change my computer and tried to recover the electrum wallet with the seed, followed the instructions and.... the wallet is empty.
Any idea what's going on?
Pages:
Jump to: