Pages:
Author

Topic: HEEEELP ME, 2000$ R E W A R D FOR the right solution timestamp .bak wallet away - page 4. (Read 3720 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Did you make a copy of your wallet.timestmap.bak before renaming it back to wallet.dat and did you know the address you used to receive the coins if your answer is no then the coins are gone. learn to use the the pywallet.

No, i did not safed the bak file before, i did not expect that the system will remove the renamed wallet.dat
and yes, i know the adress, i have a backup of the old wallet.

It was, the system saw my renamed file from bak to dat and then then instead of using it, or giving another error, it created a new wallet.dat file
but before it created it, it deleted or moved it, i can not see any reason why this program will remove it to nowhere, i guess and hope its safed somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Surely you had taken (several) backups of your wallet (especially if it contained over 200 BTC)?

Renaming files (that are not just normal docs you have created) is really not something that you should be doing unless you really know what you're doing.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
Did you make a copy of your wallet.timestmap.bak before renaming it back to wallet.dat and did you know the address you used to receive the coins if your answer is no then the coins are gone. learn to use the the pywallet.
Yes, understand that, but how can i get this wallet recovered, where is the old one gone?

I mean, as the system renamed the one into wallet.timestamp.bak
then i renamed it back to wallet.dat and startet the client
then my fresh renamed one seems to disappeard to somewhere to free this spot for a new system created one.
right?
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
-snip-
i was logged in the wallet and i renamed it to walletxxx.dat
THEN i closed bitcoin core
-snip-

You renamed a file that was used by a programm? No wonder its corrupted.
I tried to do it again.

i renamed  another file with another computer, after 2 times it came same error
system renamed the current wallet.dat to wallet.12345678.bak
I again, renamed it back to wallet.dat what was 94KB

then start bitcoin core again
and the programm created a new wallet and send the old 94kb wallet, what was renamed back to wallet.dat to SOMEWHERE.
Where can it be?

2016-03-06 09:43:49 Renamed wallet.dat to wallet.1457257429.bak
2016-03-06 09:43:49 Salvage(aggressive) found no records in wallet.1457257429.bak.

TO MAKE IT CLEAR i just checked all again

i was logged in the wallet and i renamed it to walletxxx.dat
THEN i closed bitcoin core
then before i startet that wallet again, i renamed it back to wallet.dat
then came the error message
then system startet and throw this wallet file to somewhere to create a new one???
If so, where is the old one
If not, why i don´t find receiving adress in the that one and the transactions

BTW we are talking about 230 Bitcoins that i might loosing.

1. I renamed the Wallet.dat file into something like wallet123.dat.
2. i startet Bitcoin COre again
3. a new wallet was created
4. i created another receiving adres and copy it and send it somebody who send me bitcoins.
5. i renamed the current wallet, where i was waiting for money
6. i renamed the old wallet back to wallet.dat to transfer my rest money to the new wallet
7. i wanted to go the new wallet again, renamed it back to wallet
8. the system did error message and renamed the file in wallet.141231243.bak
9. i did not knew what this was and i try to rename it back into wallet.dat
10, then i startet it again, the  bitcoin core but looks like a new wallet, but it has 94KB

So, i can not find the .bak file and also not the wallet file i think i still have this wallet file but the data inside is broken and the money that was send was not there, what ever i do, i startet it on other mac too
Pages:
Jump to: