Pages:
Author

Topic: HELLO EVERYONE, I AM OFFERING 1/2 A PPC COIN?!! FOR FREE! - page 17. (Read 23896 times)

donator
Activity: 3228
Merit: 1226
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
PPC BUMP
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
Kool thanks bro  Wink
donator
Gimme moar coins... PFGuZjEYJkvf2BngVq5qWcWAixoTGQZdiY

Sent you 0.5 PPC Coins! And entered you for a draw

Can i be entered in a draw  Shocked

Your already on the list.
Everyone that requested got put into the draw Cheesy
Crypto Somnium
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

ING
Crypto Somnium

donator

donator
Crypto Somnium

Sent you 10 PPC  Cheesy
Activity: 617
Merit: 531
Activity: 490
0.25 / ∞ = ? (0 right, always got that one confused)

ppcoin's inflation model is designed to be similar to bitcoin's even though without it's upper bound. You should look into details before assuming the worst.

Sure innovation has it's cost. When I decided to eliminate the upperbound and let Moore's Law and market force to determine money supply I expected some users would mistakenly reject it as a high inflation design. Yeah it's not as easy to understand as the 21M upperbound of bitcoin. But again, I was not there to boringly copy what bitcoin has to offer, but to make some unique contributions with the ppcoin project.

He also forgot to factor in population --> infinity (at an exponential rate mind you as historically proven...) and it's ratio to pp coin which even if it went to infinity it doesn't do it exponentially so population (users/demand) will even outpace ppcoin on its own....

(**still not a ppcoin user - just stating some obvious**)
(**I continue to mention this when posting about ppcoin because I'm still unsure of it....**)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
[insert intentionally deceptive pile of shit here]

There is a hard-coded limit of 2 billion.

I assume, you know this. If so, you are intentionally spreading false information. Why?

Alternatively (much less likely), you are not informed, but are running your mouth anyways. This is also reprehensible.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

ppcoin's inflation model is designed to be similar to bitcoin's even though without it's upper bound. You should look into details before assuming the worst.

Sure innovation has it's cost. When I decided to eliminate the upperbound and let Moore's Law and market force to determine money supply I expected some users would mistakenly reject it as a high inflation design. Yeah it's not as easy to understand as the 21M upperbound of bitcoin. But again, I was not there to boringly copy what bitcoin has to offer, but to make some unique contributions with the ppcoin project.
Crypto Somnium
donator
I don't see where I said anything like that.

All I am saying is, if I want to use my time doing something I don't want to do, it may as well be working instead of spending a bunch of time getting something "for free".

It's like standing in line for 10 minutes to get a free nickel.

I don't understand the doing something you don't want to do part. You, nor I, would want to wait in line for a free nickel or 0.25 PPC, but to me, I think there is a bigger point. It's a new experiment. Maybe just trying to promote a new coin? or promote adding more nodes to secure the network? I don't know.

I wouldn't do most shit for a nickel, but somehow I downloaded the big ass BTC blockchain in the beginning and got squat, but yet I still use it today.

No hard feelings friend.
Fair enough.  I suppose when I see something that is free, I expect that something to be valuable enough to be worth acquiring.  You find that value in the experimentation.

Well who knows, one day 0.25 may be a small fortune, there was a day when someone bought pizza with 50,000 Bitcoins, which is over $500,000.
Person must be kicking his nuts for buying pizza with that.

Mainly its to help you get started, and experimentation is one of the things it can be used for.
donator
Had it installed already because I played with it before. An I am dutch so I like free Smiley

PKjcUcLMTxcy5APzyt8gA43XndPPDMbTgG

0.25 PPC Sent!
donator
I got that working, but I also found a GUI for it, but the GUI just sits there when opened.  It doesn't seem to find any connections to start downloading the blockchain from. 

Seed nodes were down for a while today, which means any new node would not be able to connect to the network (0 connections). Now they are operational.

That was it.  I have it up and running now.  Thanks!

Here's my address: PKZ69LSD2rLToPrCPxZ5GXRtJ44bJ5nyCM

0.25 PPC sent!
donator
PAuKaf5fv25rS8Ki2dSB1D3rcXu7sqET16

Thankss  Cheesy

0.25 PPC Sent!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
I don't see where I said anything like that.

All I am saying is, if I want to use my time doing something I don't want to do, it may as well be working instead of spending a bunch of time getting something "for free".

It's like standing in line for 10 minutes to get a free nickel.

I don't understand the doing something you don't want to do part. You, nor I, would want to wait in line for a free nickel or 0.25 PPC, but to me, I think there is a bigger point. It's a new experiment. Maybe just trying to promote a new coin? or promote adding more nodes to secure the network? I don't know.

I wouldn't do most shit for a nickel, but somehow I downloaded the big ass BTC blockchain in the beginning and got squat, but yet I still use it today.

No hard feelings friend.
Fair enough.  I suppose when I see something that is free, I expect that something to be valuable enough to be worth acquiring.  You find that value in the experimentation.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
What's the maximum number of PPC that can be minted?

Is that what PPC stands for? Perpertually Plummeting Coin?
Pages:
Jump to: