Pages:
Author

Topic: HELLO EVERYONE, I AM OFFERING 1/2 A PPC COIN?!! FOR FREE! - page 18. (Read 23877 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
What's the maximum number of PPC that can be minted?

0.25 / ∞ = ? (0 right, always got that one confused)
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I don't see where I said anything like that.

All I am saying is, if I want to use my time doing something I don't want to do, it may as well be working instead of spending a bunch of time getting something "for free".

It's like standing in line for 10 minutes to get a free nickel.

I don't understand the doing something you don't want to do part. You, nor I, would want to wait in line for a free nickel or 0.25 PPC, but to me, I think there is a bigger point. It's a new experiment. Maybe just trying to promote a new coin? or promote adding more nodes to secure the network? I don't know.

I wouldn't do most shit for a nickel, but somehow I downloaded the big ass BTC blockchain in the beginning and got squat, but yet I still use it today.

No hard feelings friend.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Had it installed already because I played with it before. An I am dutch so I like free Smiley

PKjcUcLMTxcy5APzyt8gA43XndPPDMbTgG
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
It's not free.  It's a waste of time.

If it takes me 10 minutes to download the client, install it, and configure it, that's 10 minutes of opportunity cost.  If I value my time at the same rate as my working wage, then it's worth about $3.15 of my time.

And how much is 0.25 ppcoin worth?

[sarcasm]
Oh yeah, I forgot how we all got paid for downloading, installing, and configuring.
[/sarcasm]

GTFOHWTBS
I don't see where I said anything like that.

All I am saying is, if I want to use my time doing something I don't want to do, it may as well be working instead of spending a bunch of time getting something "for free".

It's like standing in line for 10 minutes to get a free nickel.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
I got that working, but I also found a GUI for it, but the GUI just sits there when opened.  It doesn't seem to find any connections to start downloading the blockchain from. 

Seed nodes were down for a while today, which means any new node would not be able to connect to the network (0 connections). Now they are operational.

That was it.  I have it up and running now.  Thanks!

Here's my address: PKZ69LSD2rLToPrCPxZ5GXRtJ44bJ5nyCM
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010
I got that working, but I also found a GUI for it, but the GUI just sits there when opened.  It doesn't seem to find any connections to start downloading the blockchain from. 

Seed nodes were down for a while today, which means any new node would not be able to connect to the network (0 connections). Now they are operational.
Yep I am.  But it says "Warning:  Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download or notify developers of the issue."  How do I know it is downloading the blockchain?  

As long as that blank command prompt is left open, I'm pretty sure that means ppcoind.exe is running. I would just leave it for an hour or so and you'll be fine. Or you can OCD-up arrow-enter every five seconds if you like.  Cheesy

Edit: As of right now, there's only 15004 blocks to download. Can't be that much.

I never use the GUI, so I'm no help. Someone here knows though.

Are you getting info when you run ppcoind getinfo?

Yep I am.  But it says "Warning:  Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download or notify developers of the issue."  How do I know it is downloading the blockchain? 

I never use the GUI, so I'm no help. Someone here knows though.

Are you getting info when you run ppcoind getinfo?
"Error could not connect to server".  What should I put in the config file to fix this?

Oh, you have to run ppcoind.exe first, located in the daemon directory.

Then open up another command prompt, navigate to the daemon directory, then you should be good to run ppcoind commands.

If it takes me 10 minutes to download the client, install it, and configure it, that's 10 minutes of opportunity cost.  If I value my time at the same rate as my working wage, then it's worth about $3.15 of my time.

[sarcasm]
Oh yeah, I forgot how we all got paid for downloading, installing, and configuring.
[/sarcasm]

GTFOHWTBS
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Why are you confusing newbs with a separate coin.
And pp coin could be worth nothing. So .25 of pp coin is less then 0.001 bitcoin

Its free though, why complain about its amount?

"Error could not connect to server".  What should I put in the config file to fix this?

Oh, you have to run ppcoind.exe first, located in the daemon directory.

Then open up another command prompt, navigate to the daemon directory, then you should be good to run ppcoind commands.
Ok, explain to me how to set this up.  I downloaded it, installed it.  Ran the Daemon, and I get a message that says you have to set a password.  I created the config file from the wiki, but do I have to use a specific username and password?  After just typing in a random username and password, now the Daemon doesn't do anything.  

Now open up Another command prompt, navigate to the daemon path and you'll be able to run ppcoind commands.

ppcoind getinfo
ppcoind backupwallet
ppcoind getnewaddress
etc.

"Error could not connect to server".  What should I put in the config file to fix this?
Ok, explain to me how to set this up.  I downloaded it, installed it.  Ran the Daemon, and I get a message that says you have to set a password.  I created the config file from the wiki, but do I have to use a specific username and password?  After just typing in a random username and password, now the Daemon doesn't do anything.  

Now open up Another command prompt, navigate to the daemon path and you'll be able to run ppcoind commands.

ppcoind getinfo
ppcoind backupwallet
ppcoind getnewaddress
etc.
Ok, explain to me how to set this up.  I downloaded it, installed it.  Ran the Daemon, and I get a message that says you have to set a password.  I created the config file from the wiki, but do I have to use a specific username and password?  After just typing in a random username and password, now the Daemon doesn't do anything. 
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
What's the maximum number of PPC that can be minted?
Activity: 826
Crypto Somnium
PAuKaf5fv25rS8Ki2dSB1D3rcXu7sqET16

Thankss  Cheesy
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
You should give me ever pp and bitcoin you have for giving me eye cancer through your opening post. In fact, my lawyer concurs. Adress is in the sig.
donator
Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Why are you confusing newbs with a separate coin.
And pp coin could be worth nothing. So .25 of pp coin is less then 0.001 bitcoin

Its free though, why complain about its amount?
Pages:
Jump to: