Pages:
Author

Topic: (Help) I'm trying to get my private keys - page 2. (Read 405 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
it should only be done if internet costs make it somehow prohibitive for you to run a full node locally even if you are otherwise able to buy all the necessary hardware.
There's no need to download the blockchain, so there's no reason to ever upload your wallet to any server.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
You can rent a dedicated server from Contabo or some other provider with at least a 700GB harddisk for a month and then sync Bitcoin Core on that. Or, you can simply use a VPS in pruning mode to save costs, and then upgrade the RAM to something like 16GB and set the dbcache accordingly so that the initial block download can go extremely fast, as in finishing in hours.
I wouldn't upload my wallet.dat to a server. It increases the risk.

Right, it is risky, and it should only be done if internet costs make it somehow prohibitive for you to run a full node locally even if you are otherwise able to buy all the necessary hardware.

In such a case you'd better be using a keypair to log into the server and then lock down the root user account from SSH - usually this is already done but it doesn't hurt to check.
legendary
April 18, 2024, 04:21:07 AM
You can rent a dedicated server from Contabo or some other provider with at least a 700GB harddisk for a month and then sync Bitcoin Core on that. Or, you can simply use a VPS in pruning mode to save costs, and then upgrade the RAM to something like 16GB and set the dbcache accordingly so that the initial block download can go extremely fast, as in finishing in hours.
I wouldn't upload my wallet.dat to a server. It increases the risk.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
April 18, 2024, 04:04:35 AM
0x6de397fD620ABEe35815307e3F289833f6102BBD

Is this the address to
Your pk?

Do you really think that an Ethereum address can belong to a bitcoin private key?

The problem here that I dont even have 20 gigabytes  free and the internet bad and still limited so If i spent money for getting another space and also for many times renew the internet quota it will be waste of money espicially that I dont know if there's a money or not (if I 100% know there is a money on it I'll spent the money )

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
April 17, 2024, 07:59:18 PM
If your wallet.dat file is not encrypted you can just open it with notepad or notepad++ I have an old wallet.dat 2015 and it can able to open with notepad it includes the private key and public key.

However, if it's encrypted then you will need Pywallet to decrypt it you can use the command below only apply this command if the wallet.dat file is on the same folder and make sure you already have a backup copy of wallet.dat just incase.

Code:
python pywallet.py --dumpwallet wallet.dat --passphrase="YourPassPhrase/Password"
Activity: 1120
Merit: 540
Press F for Leo
April 17, 2024, 07:45:23 PM
You can just export the private keys from Bitcoin Core, you don't need to sync the blockchain for that. Import them into Electrum, and see what you have.
Or did you buy/download this "wallet.dat"? Your story doesn't make much sense.
As suggested by LoyceV, you don't need to wait for bitcoin core to synchronize, after checking whether the addresses in this wallet.dat actually have funds (utxo), open the bitcoin console located at: Window > Console.

If this wallet.dat is really from 2020 (legacy-wallet), you can select the addresses with allocated funds by typing directly in the command line window that will open when you click on console, type "dumprizkey youraddress", e.g:

Code:
dumprivkey 1xxxxx

The text that returns (if successful) will be your private key, do this with the same command using another address instead and import it into the electrum wallet.

Another important detail that I forgot to mention is that if the wallet is encrypted, before specifying the command, you must enter the password within the console with the following command: walletpassphrase "your-password" 60

If you have many addresses with allocated funds, you can give the command: dumpwallet "URL of the path to be saved on the computer with defined name" e.g:

Code:
dumpwallet "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\bitcoin-keys.txt"

This will produce a readable document with all addresses, private keys and metadata belonging to this wallet.dat. With it you can open the document with a text editor on your computer and search for the desired address directly in the search keywords (ctrl + f), with this you can import the private keys of the corresponding addresses in electrum which does not require downloading the entire blockchain as it connects with servers provided by electrum.

When choosing to import these private keys that contain the funds in the electrum software, during the wallet creation process, in electrum you must select that you want to "import private keys or addresses"

Another item to be checked is the type of address to be imported into electrum:

Code:
Address starting with 3: p2wpkh-p2sh
Addresses starting with 1: p2pkh
Addresses starting with bc1q: p2wpkh

When importing the private key into electrum and the funds are allocated to one of the address types in the example above, simply enter the address type and private key, example below:

Code:
p2wpkh-p2sh:L4uEv1fycMbuGdCc16VD2NYkXJvzkLP2CPZSuYTawewDXKAgrf2j
p2wpkh:L4uEv1fycMbuGdCc16VD2NYkXJvzkLP2CPZSuYTawewDXKAgrf2j

p2wpkh-p2sh:privkey (will import the address with 3 prefix)

p2wpkh:privkey (will import the address with the bc1q prefix).
legendary
April 17, 2024, 11:33:09 AM
Bitcoin Core requires just 2 GB of RAM
Syncing the blockchain will take a very long time with so little memory.

The problem here that I dont even have 20 gigabytes  free and the internet bad and still limited so If i spent money for getting another space and also for many times renew the internet quota it will be waste of money espicially that I dont know if there's a money or not (if I 100% know there is a money on it I'll spent the money )
You can just export the private keys from Bitcoin Core, you don't need to sync the blockchain for that. Import them into Electrum, and see what you have.
Or did you buy/download this "wallet.dat"? Your story doesn't make much sense.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
April 17, 2024, 11:13:03 AM
Have you tried checking a few of its addresses on a block explorer, to confirm it does have funds? You can open the wallet.dat in Bitcoin Core (QT) and select addresses or generate new. Alternatively, you can open the wallet.dat in a text editor and find Bitcoin addresses generated inside. Make sure you backup wallet.dat, and when visiting the block explorer, use Tor.

It is not recommended to check it this way, and you can't be absolutely certain. I'd just buy a cheap USB 64 GB stick if I were you, enable pruning, and point my data dir there.
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
April 17, 2024, 10:32:34 AM
but idont have these huge specs and also poor internet so it'll take forever
- Bitcoin Core requires just 2 GB of RAM, and about 700 GB for storage, which can be reduced by more than 90% if you enable pruning (with pruned=550).
- How bad Internet connection? Downloading 700 GB shouldn't take more than two days, even in cases with very slow download speed.

I wouldn't experiment with my money, if I were you (it is clear that you don't know what you're doing). You used Bitcoin Core to receive the bitcoin, use it again to recover it.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
April 17, 2024, 10:25:07 AM
but idont have these huge specs and also poor internet so it'll take forever
- Bitcoin Core requires just 2 GB of RAM, and about 700 GB for storage, which can be reduced by more than 90% if you enable pruning (with pruned=550).
- How bad Internet connection? Downloading 700 GB shouldn't take more than two days, even in cases with very slow download speed.

I wouldn't experiment with my money, if I were you (it is clear that you don't know what you're doing). You used Bitcoin Core to receive the bitcoin, use it again to recover it.
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
April 17, 2024, 10:07:41 AM
I found my bitcoin file from 2020 (700mb )after 4 years  and found wallet.dat file and I have tried to install bitcoin core but idont have these huge specs and also poor internet so it'll take forever so I found the pywallet way and tried alot but cant use maybe cause my pc old  and bad material so I found another way (hxd ) and I tried it and I found alot of hits but I still cant know how to get private keys and where cause it's not have a big popularity so  if anyone here know how the full process (hxd program or any program like this) go please explain it to me and thanks

Also(I searched on the program by [01010420] and [0420] the last number gives me more plus hits and I dont know the meanings of these numbers I found while searching)
Pages:
Jump to: