Pages:
Author

Topic: Help me pick a country to lobby - page 2. (Read 2375 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
December 20, 2015, 01:28:41 PM
I'm feeling secure in bitcoin's future here in the USA. But what about the rest of the world? Could I get anywhere with countries in Africa? Or what about places that have laws restricting bitcoin, Perhaps I could convince them to be more welcoming.
I'd like to take a diplomatic mission in 2016 with the goal of helping BTC adoption in a place that is struggling. I am not sure where I would be most effective though. Does anyone here have a suggestion of a country to visit? Perhaps you have contacts in your country that would help, or you are getting nowhere in your country and think something like this would help. What do you think?

List of suggestions:
Jamaica (tarsua) - Nice, a smaller more approachable government. Maybe a tourism tie-in? Thanks. 

North Korea if you have some balls.

Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 20, 2015, 01:09:35 PM
South america or africa will give bitcoin a bad name, since those countries have on default quite a high corruption rate.
Go for a big country and you will reap good results.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 20, 2015, 01:05:28 PM
Third world countries are maybe easier, but it won't give bitcoin a higher reputation. The problem with bitcoin is it's anonimity.
For politicians it's easy to use country money to do fraudulent transactions etc. So maybe it's better to get some major company in and have them pay salaries i bitcon and/or accept bitconi payments on invoices..
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
December 20, 2015, 12:39:21 PM
Maybe go for Third World Countries, they sure need a bitcoin adoption Roll Eyes
I would Suggest my own country, Indonesia
I read an article said that Indonesia could be the place where bitcoin could grow Wink
There are many people who doesn't know what Bitcoin is, and so far there is no law regarding acceptance nor regulations on Bitcoin
So Bitcoin in Indonesia is still grey in here Tongue
Activity: 224
December 20, 2015, 12:26:29 PM
Either try to get some West European country to join, or some asian countries where bitcoin is popular. F.e. China or Japan but also Indonesia.
The man thing (adoption) is there, since those countries have a lot of nodes, meaning their citizens are into bitcoin.

Yes you are right. if a rich country joins a poor country will consider it. If a poor country joins, a rich country won't consider it.
Getting a first world country into bitcoin, will motivate other countries to consider it. Even some big companies would consider it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 20, 2015, 11:37:14 AM
Either try to get some West European country to join, or some asian countries where bitcoin is popular. F.e. China or Japan but also Indonesia.
The man thing (adoption) is there, since those countries have a lot of nodes, meaning their citizens are into bitcoin.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 20, 2015, 11:12:09 AM
north africain countrys suffer from unimployement and they don't have freedeom in curryncy exchange
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
December 20, 2015, 09:51:58 AM
I want to suggest my country Philippines, there are no laws restricting bitcoins(yet I guess) but our central bank had issued a warning a year ago on virtual currencies especially bitcoin(ref link) and also medias here mostly report the bad side of bitcoins (used in illegal activities) thus those give a negative effect on bitcoin to public. But despite of that, it seems people are getting interested to bitcoins especially for earning online purposes coz a lot of people here were unemployed. There are still some doubts though.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
December 20, 2015, 09:02:18 AM
Of course, I'll recommend you my country, France Smiley. This is the first touristic place in the world, so this may be a good argument. If you need help for your crusade, I can of course help you with translations or informations Wink.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 20, 2015, 05:57:37 AM
Zimbabwe - Everyone is suffering economical hardship there.
yeah I think Zimbabwe is the best place.
almost all people in distress there, their distress in the economic field.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
December 20, 2015, 02:05:15 AM
I think the best country to invest is in asia, you can try singapore or japan or india,

they have quite a lot of traffic transaction and i think asia people willing to learn about bitcoin and also their internet quality and everything to

support internet systme is also quite good
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
December 19, 2015, 10:32:18 PM
I'm feeling secure in bitcoin's future here in the USA. But what about the rest of the world? Could I get anywhere with countries in Africa? Or what about places that have laws restricting bitcoin, Perhaps I could convince them to be more welcoming.
I'd like to take a diplomatic mission in 2016 with the goal of helping BTC adoption in a place that is struggling. I am not sure where I would be most effective though. Does anyone here have a suggestion of a country to visit? Perhaps you have contacts in your country that would help, or you are getting nowhere in your country and think something like this would help. What do you think?

List of suggestions:
Jamaica (tarsua) - Nice, a smaller more approachable government. Maybe a tourism tie-in? Thanks.  

adoption is already galactic in size, and look at the price!

(adoption) Seems to be increasing due to MMM Global's adoption of Bitcoin as a means of cheap and easy money transmission.  I would rejoice if this were a legitimate business but it reeks of Ponzi and is being adopted by the worlds poorest at the moment.  Search out Sergey Mavrodi and you'll see.  I think this will be yet another black eye for Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
December 19, 2015, 10:23:53 PM

List of suggestions:

adoption is already galactic in size, and look at the price!
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1174
December 19, 2015, 10:16:59 PM

I have campaign, very small and for now without any big succes. I talk with people about bitcoins, I`m tryin to show them what it is(to the one who wish to see). I think I dont have knowledge and expirience for something more serious.

But lets say I`m willin to try something more, what can u suggest me? Where to start? In which direction my campaign needs to go? How to organize somethin like that?  I have some idea about all that, but I would like to hear someone who have some expirience in this kind of things.

in your area are there any shops that accept bitcoin?
in your area are there any bitcoin ATM's?
are there any exchanges that specialize in your fiat currency to buy bitcoin without headaches or long processing issues?

before telling people about bitcoin you first need to know how easy it is to get and then to spend.. im not talking about making a bitcoin address and making a bitcoin transaction. im talking about fiat->bitcoin and then bitcoin->real world products.

if you lack these in your area, then there is no point saying how bitcoin is 'useful, better, faster than fiat' because if people cannot buy toilet roll with bitcoin, they wont see its usefulness.. and as such you will be better to tailor your speech to 'investments' talking about how secure the private keys are to just hold the coins. talk about the long term deflationary nature. international finance remittance/trading, etc

but if there are EASY ways to buy toilet paper and baked beans direct through bitcoin.. then you can talk about the speed of transactions and real world usefulness.

In Serbian capitol city Belgrade there is one ATM, Croatians have couple I think. There is one site that excange bitcoins in Dinars (Serbian currency) but I didnt have enough coins to test it yet.

Tnx for your comment but these things that u mentioned I already know. And I didnt see any useful information for startin some serious campaing.
And in my opinion campaing is all about that, showing people what it is, and bring all the necessary things for further expansion. I dont think its a big problem to make excanges, to make promotions, to install ATM`s. Maybe I`m wrong but its how I get this topic and what OP planing to do.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
December 19, 2015, 08:30:52 PM

I have campaign, very small and for now without any big succes. I talk with people about bitcoins, I`m tryin to show them what it is(to the one who wish to see). I think I dont have knowledge and expirience for something more serious.

But lets say I`m willin to try something more, what can u suggest me? Where to start? In which direction my campaign needs to go? How to organize somethin like that?  I have some idea about all that, but I would like to hear someone who have some expirience in this kind of things.

in your area are there any shops that accept bitcoin?
in your area are there any bitcoin ATM's?
are there any exchanges that specialize in your fiat currency to buy bitcoin without headaches or long processing issues?

before telling people about bitcoin you first need to know how easy it is to get and then to spend.. im not talking about making a bitcoin address and making a bitcoin transaction. im talking about fiat->bitcoin and then bitcoin->real world products.

if you lack these in your area, then there is no point saying how bitcoin is 'useful, better, faster than fiat' because if people cannot buy toilet roll with bitcoin, they wont see its usefulness.. and as such you will be better to tailor your speech to 'investments' talking about how secure the private keys are to just hold the coins. talk about the long term deflationary nature. international finance remittance/trading, etc

but if there are EASY ways to buy toilet paper and baked beans direct through bitcoin.. then you can talk about the speed of transactions and real world usefulness.
Activity: 190
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 19, 2015, 08:04:56 PM
I do not understand, you have a campaign that seems not to be bringing in success, so why would you try to lobby another country.  If you can not successfully promote and give people in your own back yard enough of a reason to use Bitcoin, what makes you think you are going to be able to go into someone else's backyard and tell them all about it and expect different results?  You do realize that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
legendary
December 19, 2015, 07:10:26 PM
Nice idea u have. Well after reading comments I think maybe to find something in the middle, not poor like Africa and not some big and rich like Brasil or Mexico. Did hear about Serbia, its where i`m from, also in our neigborhood is Croatia, Monte Negro, Bosnia, Macedonia, we all speak same language. I cant say we have a lot money, or that we are big but for sure we are nice countries to see, have fun, maybe invest. I think we need here someone who will start some big campaign so people can see and understand better what this is all about. Well inform yourself a bit on internet about these countries and for more information I`m here.

you can start your own campaign, its in your area afterall

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
December 18, 2015, 10:24:14 PM
Nice idea u have. Well after reading comments I think maybe to find something in the middle, not poor like Africa and not some big and rich like Brasil or Mexico. Did hear about Serbia, its where i`m from, also in our neigborhood is Croatia, Monte Negro, Bosnia, Macedonia, we all speak same language. I cant say we have a lot money, or that we are big but for sure we are nice countries to see, have fun, maybe invest. I think we need here someone who will start some big campaign so people can see and understand better what this is all about. Well inform yourself a bit on internet about these countries and for more information I`m here.

you can start your own campaign, its in your area afterall
legendary
December 18, 2015, 09:37:32 PM
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
December 18, 2015, 09:34:04 PM
Go for the unbanked.  Ignore the fat and happy 1st world fiat users.

Anywhere informal banking networks thrive is ripe for Bitcoin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala

Hawala or Hewala (Arabic: حِوالة‎, meaning transfer), also known as hundi, is an informal value transfer system based on the performance and honour of a huge network of money brokers, primarily located in the Middle East, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and the Indian subcontinent, operating outside of, or parallel to, traditional banking, financial channels, and remittance systems.

This narrows it down a bit.  India has 10 year visas for Americans if that helps.
Pages:
Jump to: