Pages:
Author

Topic: Help me pick a country to lobby - page 4. (Read 2375 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 18, 2015, 05:32:55 PM
I agree with what you are attempting to do with this, but there are still millions of people who have no idea what Bitcoin is or how it can be used.  I would focus more on the local economy some more until it is picked up by as many people as it can be.  There is no harm starting with outside countries, but why would you want to spread your time thin.  If you worry about your home group, you will provide a larger group of supporters in order to help you.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
December 18, 2015, 05:23:18 PM
I believe your intentions are for the best, but lobby'ing African countries won't do much good for bitcoin imho due to their poor economics and
bad financial situation altogeather. Imho, it would be far more effective to target some of the European countries.
You could make it a business vacation even, in summer, and combine work with pleasure by selecting some tourist country.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
December 18, 2015, 05:09:40 PM
you should try Jamaica, no-one knows about the coin here and i think it would be nice if we had a larger local community
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
December 18, 2015, 05:07:35 PM
I'm feeling secure in bitcoin's future here in the USA. But what about the rest of the world? Could I get anywhere with countries in Africa? Or what about places that have laws restricting bitcoin, Perhaps I could convince them to be more welcoming.
I'd like to take a diplomatic mission in 2016 with the goal of helping BTC adoption in a place that is struggling. I am not sure where I would be most effective though. Does anyone here have a suggestion of a country to visit? Perhaps you have contacts in your country that would help, or you are getting nowhere in your country and think something like this would help. What do you think?

EDIT: Going to Iceland!  
Pages:
Jump to: