Pages:
Author

Topic: help please, i can't find my funds - page 2. (Read 202 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 443
July 18, 2023, 10:58:58 AM
Sorry, your wallet was compromised. Either someone know your seed phrase or you device is infected with malware.

The negative balance is not an indication that the wallet has been hacked, but rather a problem with electrum server or with establishing the connection.

@OP Can you try to verify that your balance has arrived in your Binance account or check it in any block explorer or share the TXID?

The address that will appear in the block explorer is the one your money was sent to, so if it's not your address I would strongly recommend re-installing the OS, updating it to last version, and staying away from random clicking/downloading although I don't expect you to have lost your money.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
July 18, 2023, 10:39:57 AM
What happened? I've lost everything? Please help me
Sorry, your wallet was compromised. Either someone know your seed phrase or you device is infected with malware.

I use passphrase with my wallet. Any loss would definitely be online. Passphrase can help, but it can also lead to loss of coins if you lost its backup, just like seed phrase. It is good to backup the seed phrase and passphrase differently in different locations.

Also always make sure you avoid malware.

For €600, you need a cold wallet for it. If you can not make yourself a cold wallet, buy a hardware wallet like Passport.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
July 18, 2023, 10:38:40 AM
It sounds to me like something was monitoring your wallet, that explains why the funds were sent at exactly the same time. If your overall balance says 0, and you can't recognize the transaction (or the address the funds are being sent) then your computer might have been compromised.

Could you share the TXID, and tell us which wallet version were you using?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
July 18, 2023, 10:36:11 AM
I apologize to the moderators and to all the frequenters of the forum, I don't know which could be the right section.
I have been using the electrum wallet for several years (very occasionally, i can say for two or three transactions a year).
Today I couldn't remember my password (I tried the 6/7 that I usually use and none allowed me to access) and so I created a new wallet and entered the seeds I had saved.
I found all the old transactions in this new wallet and I sent myself from binance, as I usually do, bitcoins for an equivalent of around €600.
Inside the wallet, in the transaction history, I found two operations at the same time, one with the credit of what I had sent and the another one with the same amount but in negative. The result after 6/7 confirmations is that I have 0 in the wallet.
What happened? I've lost everything? Please help me
Pages:
Jump to: