Pages:
Author

Topic: Help receiving BCH - page 2. (Read 826 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252
August 24, 2017, 06:59:56 AM
hmm I guess no one is using anything else them. Has anyone tried the mobile version of electron-cash?
If I'm going to use electron, I think I prefer that one. Also I'm trying to claim my BCH from a multibit classic wallet. Don't know if there are any issues with them.

i used electron-cash to claim my bcc. you can follow this tutorial it worked fine with me :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claim-your-bitcoin-cash-balance-and-exchange-into-bitcoins-2078292
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
August 24, 2017, 06:34:55 AM
hmm I guess no one is using anything else them. Has anyone tried the mobile version of electron-cash?
If I'm going to use electron, I think I prefer that one. Also I'm trying to claim my BCH from a multibit classic wallet. Don't know if there are any issues with them.
August 23, 2017, 02:53:01 PM

I saw that one, but I use electrum for BTC, and I've heard that installing electrom sometimes causes a bug that inutilizes electrum, so I wanted to use another one, but I don't know which one. Tried those two like I've mentioned, but it didn't work for me.

I'm not sure what are the issues that you're experiencing, but if you're using Electrum it should be very straight forward
1) make a backup of your wallet file
2) take out your BTC (just in case)
3) get yourself a Electron-Cash wallet (I used Electron-Cash-2.9.0 on the day of the fork)
4) open your Electrum wallet in Electron-Cash
5) that's it

EDIT: For additional safety I was running Electron-Cash on a separate machine(VM) than the Electrum, but I doubt its really necessary

yes run it on separate machine is better, however it should works fine in same machine as well.
give it a try and i hope it will works.

if worked please send any donation :
14FPnazh1JqAR7Y3FD5shHnJgSfbxJUZ9y

Good luck!
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
August 23, 2017, 02:38:00 PM

I saw that one, but I use electrum for BTC, and I've heard that installing electrom sometimes causes a bug that inutilizes electrum, so I wanted to use another one, but I don't know which one. Tried those two like I've mentioned, but it didn't work for me.

I'm not sure what are the issues that you're experiencing, but if you're using Electrum it should be very straight forward
1) make a backup of your wallet file
2) take out your BTC (just in case)
3) get yourself a Electron-Cash wallet (I used Electron-Cash-2.9.0 on the day of the fork)
4) open your Electrum wallet in Electron-Cash
5) that's it

EDIT: For additional safety I was running Electron-Cash on a separate machine(VM) than the Electrum, but I doubt its really necessary
legendary
August 23, 2017, 02:19:43 PM

August 23, 2017, 06:33:14 AM
legendary
August 23, 2017, 05:59:31 AM
Hi there, I was trying to claim my BCH, but I'm having trouble doing it.
I had my coins on multibit classic by the time of the fork. I have my private keys, but I don't have a seed because they that wallet doesn't use it. I also have my qr code.

My first option was using Coinomi. I made a sweep of my wallet using private key, and then trying with the code but no transaction is made. My BCH are still in the same address, and I can't receive them. After that I tried bcc-wallet.btc.com, but it requires the seed, and like I said I only have the private key.

Any of you had problems receiving the coins from multibit classic to Coinomi, or to any other wallet?
Also if I can't use any of those two, which one do you recommend?
Pages:
Jump to: