Pages:
Author

Topic: Help this time with a personal situation - page 3. (Read 736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
October 19, 2023, 10:03:44 AM
<...>

Taking into account the price of the internet and its availability, do you think it could be profitable for you to do something online? As far as it seems to me from what you wrote, you are quite limited in terms of how you can use the internet, which means that there is not much left that you can do online as a kind of work.

He is still able to access valuable, textual information, and he can also create and publish textual content, so IMO there are still many works he can do.

<...>

I won't say that you are not telling the truth because you live in that country, but is it possible that you are not objective with regard to your personal experience? One of the most famous journalists from my country (but also from abroad), Goran Milic, made a documentary about Cuba (Cuba si, Cuba no) and as far as I remember, what he recorded there and concluded from talking to people doesn't look so black.

Besides, isn't it a bit destructive to invite tourists not to come to your country as if it will make things better? Aren't these same tourists also spending by buying food, drinks and souvenirs from ordinary people who can earn something that way?

I agree with you, even if it was true that most of the money charged by the state wasn't used to improve the citizen's life, indirectly there are many ways to make money out from tourists (creating little restaurants in your home called paladares, providing little casual services in exchange of a little (not do little for the Cubans) tip...

But I have to say that all Cubans I have met in my life, both in the island and those who came to live in Spain, all of them talk really bad about the life conditions there.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
October 19, 2023, 07:52:17 AM
Currently the internet is one of the worst services that the government provides us, unlike other countries you have several companies that offer internet service so there is always competition among them to win over more people, here there is only one, monopolizing the telecommunications service, Etecsa, that's what it's called, and it's also of very, very bad quality --- I only use textual things that is, Whatsapp to communicate by messages since they consume very little, or forums like this, that is, nothing that uploads images or videos, otherwise if I did it would run out in a matter of 5 or 6 days.

Taking into account the price of the internet and its availability, do you think it could be profitable for you to do something online? As far as it seems to me from what you wrote, you are quite limited in terms of how you can use the internet, which means that there is not much left that you can do online as a kind of work.

Guys, it is quite difficult to live in Cuba, I just warn you from the bottom of my heart that you never come to visit, it is not worth spending the money that you have earned by working hard to spend it in a country that offers bad service. ((On top of that, the government tells us on TV and radio that all the money collected and obtained from tourism is used for our improvement and it is a lie, they keep it all!!))

I won't say that you are not telling the truth because you live in that country, but is it possible that you are not objective with regard to your personal experience? One of the most famous journalists from my country (but also from abroad), Goran Milic, made a documentary about Cuba (Cuba si, Cuba no) and as far as I remember, what he recorded there and concluded from talking to people doesn't look so black.

Besides, isn't it a bit destructive to invite tourists not to come to your country as if it will make things better? Aren't these same tourists also spending by buying food, drinks and souvenirs from ordinary people who can earn something that way?
Activity: 294
Merit: 232
Let love lead
October 19, 2023, 03:15:40 AM
The first thing I can sense from your request is that you are desperate at this point and its leading you to a great mistake if you're not careful, and from your tone of request, you don't sound vibrant and exposed. I surely reflects laziness and I encourage you not to be lazy in thinking and acting. You're looking for a revenue generating model without investment. I'll correct you my dear, there is no such thing as something for nothing, you must be ready to sacrifice something special to achieve success. Those faucets might end up disappointing you in the long run and you would've lost valuable time engaging in them and increase your frustration. I will advise you to learn a skill instead and consider freelancing with maybe Upwork, Fiver or others. You can upskill in possibly copywriting, which you can do with just your phone. Graciously, there are some free good trainings on YouTube that can get you started. Give yourself four to six months of consistent learning and you're good and earning some cool cash in it while engaging in forum activities and ranking up until you are set for signature campaigns as a side hustle. You will succeed, that I know, but you need to work harder and smarter.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
October 18, 2023, 11:34:02 PM
Hence my question: if someone in Cuba were to earn $20 in Bitcoin, does that mean it gives him more purchasing power than his salary? Or does that add another level of getting screwed somehow?

I do not know the ways to use Bitcoin in Cuba to buy things, where I imagine there are not many options, but I understand that to exchange Bitcoin for local money, at least in the big cities, there are. Actually, looking at coinmap, there are some places to pay with Bitcoin and even some ATM in the capital, so anyone who earns $50 a week in signature campaigns in the forum has a purchasing power 10 times greater than a skilled professional in Cuba, where most depend on remittances from relatives abroad to subsist.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
October 18, 2023, 02:32:15 PM
therefore I would like someone to please advise me on a page where I could work without investments, such as a faucet that is worth it or something that allows me to generate $2 a day because per month it would be almost $60 and as you can see that exceeds by far my salary in my country and it would help me a lot.
$60 a month is still not so big, you only see that amount as big because you have not started earning such yet. You can earn more from learning other important skills like trading since mining may be difficult to start. With what you earn, maybe you will be able to find a mentor or academy to help you learn the basics and have a good foundation. In less than a year, with serious dedication, you should be able to earn and make more profit than what you will earn from signatures and bounties. It is also a lifelong skill that can assure you consistent financial benefit if you stay dedicated to learning.
Activity: 40
Merit: 24
October 18, 2023, 02:14:22 PM
I remember one member who was also from Cuba a few years ago and had similar questions as the OP, and he wrote that the internet in Cuba is very expensive and not available everywhere. According to some information I read, the situation has improved a bit, but I wonder how the OP gets the internet, or whether $2 a day would be enough to cover those costs?

If you do this, you can buy tarjeta Nauta internet, a Nauta Internet scratch card, from numerous shops or even doorways around Cuba.

Many private persons are certified to sell these cards, and they cost 50 CUP (€1,8 or US $1,94) for four hours of browsing online.

There are Etecsa stores in every city and village in Cuba. Etecsa is the governmental telephone and internet provider in Cuba, which has a monopoly on both services on the island. The price of the 1-hour card is €1/CUP 125, and the 5-hour card is €5/CUP 625 for surfing time.

Currently the internet is one of the worst services that the government provides us, unlike other countries you have several companies that offer internet service so there is always competition among them to win over more people, here there is only one, monopolizing the telecommunications service, Etecsa, that's what it's called, and it's also of very, very bad quality (to give you an idea, to talk to you and write to you I have to go out into the street to send responses and read them, well within The signal does not reach my house, we only use mobile data, there is no Wi-Fi inside the houses, the coverage is very bad) Therefore things like playing to win money or something that requires my constant internet connection is impossible. In addition to the connection being slow, it costs us 250 pesos for a 3.5GB data plan, which you must consume within a period of 30 days otherwise you lose it, but not only that, they have increased consumption, if you watch a video that It should consume 30mb because it consumes maybe 50mb or 60mb, almost double, they do it with the objective that you run out faster and buy again, I only use textual things that is, Whatsapp to communicate by messages since they consume very little, or forums like this, that is, nothing that uploads images or videos, otherwise if I did it would run out in a matter of 5 or 6 days. Guys, it is quite difficult to live in Cuba, I just warn you from the bottom of my heart that you never come to visit, it is not worth spending the money that you have earned by working hard to spend it in a country that offers bad service. ((On top of that, the government tells us on TV and radio that all the money collected and obtained from tourism is used for our improvement and it is a lie, they keep it all!!))
I want to take advantage of talking something about the YouTubers in Cuba who have been able to leave the country, many were imprisoned or their right to internet service was taken away because they showed the reality here and obviously it was a negative image that did not suit the government, this is a dictatorship, a wrong image has always been given, nothing that is shown on official pages is real. If I made videos on a YouTube channel about things about my country, they would come and question me to know for what purpose I did it and if I mentioned something that was not beneficial for them... well, I already mentioned what happens.
Activity: 40
Merit: 24
October 18, 2023, 01:52:29 PM
I want to clarify something in this forum, because I see that it is something very serious, I am realizing that 90% of the world population is unaware of the reality of Cuba, the government shows exchange rates that are not real, those numbers are only possible. For the foreigner or tourist who is visiting and can buy things in Cuban pesos, in reality for us each USD costs us 250 pesos, therefore do the respective calculations, NOTHING or NO information that the government shows to the world is REAL, just show something beautiful, a mirage, we Cubans live in a parallel universe
If that's the case, why do you calculate the price of eggs in dollars, and not in pesos? It can't be that a box of eggs costs two thirds of your monthly salary. If that's the case, you'd have starved to death by now. So I'm curious: how many Cuban pesos do you spend on your groceries each month?

Well, it is not fun, I visited Cuba several years ago and I know that it is true. The fact that there are few chickens in the island, importations are restricted, and the Government give a few to each citizen every month make remaining eggs surprisingly expensive and only affordable for tourists.
I've never been there, but I've read about it a few times. It sucks for the people Sad
If eggs would be that expensive, I'd eat something else. I still don't get it though: hatching chickens is no rocket science. If someone has a a few hens and a rooster, they'll basically multiply themselves and eat whatever they can find.

This is also true: there are extremely different exchange rates for Cuban pesos (for citizens) and USD pegged pesos (for foreigners); 1 to 250 is not what I saw when I was there, but in the last years thing may have worsen to that extent.
So, if a Cuban citizen were to earn 1 mBTC (worth $28.73 at the moment), would he be able to use that money? How many pesos would he get for that? If exchange rates are that twisted, what's the point of converting? Do you need dollars for daily expenses? I don't get it: if trading and imports are expensive, can't the (tropical) country focus on producing for it's own needs? It looks like a beautiful place, and it's such a waste to see it in poverty.

For reference: if I sell 1 mBTC, I'll get €26.10 (after transaction fees). That's enough to buy 88 eggs in a supermarket. And eggs already got a lot more expensive lately, because of inflation and regulation that improves living conditions for chickens.

I gave the example of eggs because it is the food that we used the most in Cuba and it was the cheapest so that from there they can extrapolate and imagine how much any other food would cost, pork is for the ''rich'' here.  it is a luxury, currently 25kg is sold for 153usd ((if we convert those 153usd to Cuban currency at a rate of 200cup, which would be the cheapest you could get it for, it would be about 30,600cup and with a monthly salary of 3,500cup it is impossible)) We eat rice and some fruit like plantain or banana, or rice with legumes like beans, but we don't have other foods, we are an island surrounded by water and yet we haven't tried fish for more than 5 years, how is it possible? Well, all the fish is left for the hotels and tourism, seafood, etc.... and I put it in dollars so you have an idea because I can put it in Cuban pesos which would be about 2500 or 2700, but it is a large number for which doesn't really give you a picture of how much inflation we're talking about. The other thing is that here the government pays us in Cuban pesos, however in the stores they ask us for the MLC currency, it is a virtual one created by themselves whose value is determined by the USD, but the worst thing is not that, if you go to the bank with your Cuban money to buy that MLC currency, you cannot buy it, they do not let you nor can you buy USD so you necessarily end up buying in the informal market, that is, from Cubans who have relatives in other countries and who send dollars to their MLC cards and then they sell you that MLC at the price they deem appropriate to make money.

Excuse my English, I am relying on a translator so that you can understand me as best as possible.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 18, 2023, 11:50:03 AM
so the minimum wage is around ~$10 and the average is lower than $20.
Hence my question: if someone in Cuba were to earn $20 in Bitcoin, does that mean it gives him more purchasing power than his salary? Or does that add another level of getting screwed somehow?
Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
October 18, 2023, 11:41:59 AM
If you want to earn online without any upfront investment you'll need to have some special skills that you can render online it could be content creation, virtual assisting, online tutoring and freelancing. If this area are not the best for you develop your crypto knowledge and join signature after you have reach the require member rank.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
October 18, 2023, 11:23:16 AM
  Shocked Shocked Shocked
I want to clarify something in this forum, because I see that it is something very serious, I am realizing that 90% of the world population is unaware of the reality of Cuba<...>

Hi CryptoDeivid, nfortunately I am aware of the situation in Cuba, mainly because of this Youtuber who emigrated to Spain a year ago:

Anita Mateu

I say unfortunately because it made me realise that the best plan for the vast majority of you in Cuba (except for those who are very close to power) is to emigrate.

I invite you to come by our local Spanish forum as well.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
October 18, 2023, 11:18:12 AM
I remember one member who was also from Cuba a few years ago and had similar questions as the OP, and he wrote that the internet in Cuba is very expensive and not available everywhere. According to some information I read, the situation has improved a bit, but I wonder how the OP gets the internet, or whether $2 a day would be enough to cover those costs?

If you do this, you can buy tarjeta Nauta internet, a Nauta Internet scratch card, from numerous shops or even doorways around Cuba.

Many private persons are certified to sell these cards, and they cost 50 CUP (€1,8 or US $1,94) for four hours of browsing online.

There are Etecsa stores in every city and village in Cuba. Etecsa is the governmental telephone and internet provider in Cuba, which has a monopoly on both services on the island. The price of the 1-hour card is €1/CUP 125, and the 5-hour card is €5/CUP 625 for surfing time.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 393
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 18, 2023, 09:59:37 AM
I am very curious about your job which pays $12 every month, if a accumulate it per day, you only get paid $0.4 a day, that is a very small amount in my country especially if measured by the wedge regulated by the government. Hurry up, friend, start exploring the forum deeper to increase your knowledge so you can immediately increase your account ranking. Believe me, if you have a strong desire, you will soon reach Full Member rank.

Do something that can bring merit to your post, sooner or later you will reach your goal. Every now and then you can visit the Service board, you can find something extraordinary there that can make you feel more at home in the forum when you have experienced the minimum payout of $40 every Sunday.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 165
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 18, 2023, 09:41:49 AM
I don’t think there are still some good paying faucet site anywhere as their is no body ready to dash out money for free again. I don’t think I can get my hand in any link right now but I believe their are places where you can make some decent earning online but it can’t be stable as you really want to be earning an average of $2.

If you have some writing skill you can look for some of this freelancer sites where you can advertise your skill and even here in this forum you can also open a service thread where someone who is in need of your service can hire you and at the end of the day you will be paid for the service render if the client is satisfied with your work. Since working online is digital I believe any skill you have can be useful in some ways all that’s just needed is for you to be a little more creative and you can fine a place online that you can start earning, but daily pay is what I’m certain on how long it will take you to get that.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
October 18, 2023, 09:08:40 AM
According to Google, it's 145.83 dollars. Why did you divide by 12?
Google also shows the minimum wage is 2100, and the average is 4000 CUP. I guess the cost of living is also a lot lower than most countries.

Google shows official data that is basically useless, a clear example of this was Venezuela and lately, Iran, when everyone stopped using government data and used black market rates their wages went down the drain in foreign currency.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/cubans-struggle-peso-loses-half-its-value-year-informal-market-2023-08-02/

If eggs would be that expensive, I'd eat something else. I still don't get it though: hatching chickens is no rocket science. If someone has a a few hens and a rooster, they'll basically multiply themselves and eat whatever they can find.

I knew I heard that somewhere else:
Let Them Eat Rabbit
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
October 18, 2023, 08:41:53 AM
According to Google, Cuba's GDP per capita is $9500 (in 2020). That's more than Mexico, and 4 times more than India. But Worldometers.info shows N/A, so I believe the exchange rate can be a tricky thing in this case. If there's no free exchange of currency, you can't compare it in dollars.

Both sources, Google and Worldometers.info, do not have to provide accurate information about the real situation in countries like Cuba. They have the data that the local regime passed on to them after the adjustment. It is enough to switch off or modify one parameter and the final result will be completely different from reality.
Perhaps it is a little more difficult to accept the extent of such manipulation if someone has not lived under such an authoritarian regime.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 18, 2023, 08:00:08 AM
I also looked up information about salaries in Cuba, and to be honest, I was very surprised that in Cuba, those who work in IT companies have high salaries. But even those who work for large companies have earnings that do not exceed one hundred dollars. Indeed, Cuba is a place outside the earth's planet. OP, I can only sympathize.
According to Google, Cuba's GDP per capita is $9500 (in 2020). That's more than Mexico, and 4 times more than India. But Worldometers.info shows N/A, so I believe the exchange rate can be a tricky thing in this case. If there's no free exchange of currency, you can't compare it in dollars.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
October 18, 2023, 06:24:29 AM

My advice will be for you to keep up saving that $12 gradually and as you are saving along the line take some course and learn trading, to me this is how to be financially free and trust me you will thank yourself for learning how to trade in the journey.

Was this a post to meet your subscription quota? Are you suggesting that the OP save exactly what he earns in a month?

I also looked up information about salaries in Cuba, and to be honest, I was very surprised that in Cuba, those who work in IT companies have high salaries. But even those who work for large companies have earnings that do not exceed one hundred dollars. Indeed, Cuba is a place outside the earth's planet. OP, I can only sympathize.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
October 18, 2023, 06:18:08 AM
OP, now that you have already come to this forum and are thinking about how to earn some extra money, I would recommend you to read this post/thread, which will perhaps guide you a little better in the possibilities and ways of earning money here.
It was written a long time ago, but most of the above is still relevant
[General] How to earn Bitcoins
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
October 18, 2023, 05:46:57 AM
so here my monthly salary is about 3,500 Cuban pesos, which is equivalent to 12 dollars approximately, therefore I would like someone to please advise me on a page where I could work without investments
Cuba has been a place I have always wanted to visit, don't ask me why...

But a simple Google search on Cuba's minimum wage shows that it's currently sitting around 2100 Cuban pesos and you are almost at 2X the rate which makes you better than most.

Btw I don't know how you got to $12 but 3500 cuban pesos shows that it's equivalent to ~145 dollars and that $2 per day from faucets isn't needed...unless am missing something or its 350 Cuban pesos you meant to type which is about 14.5dollars.

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
October 18, 2023, 05:10:08 AM
Hello, I live in Cuba and I am 28 years old, a few days ago I made a post asking for advice on cloud mining, I see that it is a scam no matter how you look at it, so here my monthly salary is about 3,500 Cuban pesos, which is equivalent to 12 dollars approximately, therefore I would like someone to please advise me on a page where I could work without investments, such as a faucet that is worth it or something that allows me to generate $2 a day because per month it would be almost $60 and as you can see that exceeds by far my salary in my country and it would help me a lot. THANKS FROM THE HEART TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO ME PREVIOUSLY

The most effective way for you do have acquire that is to build up your account by earning merits to rank up so that you can potentially join some signature campaigns in this forum. But since you are in lower rank I guess you might struggle to seek for something that can generate you a passive $2 unless you try to risk on tradings but it also requires a lot of understandings and funds before you can go on that situation. If you are skilled and can work on computer or communications related job then maybe you should try to apply for a job here or maybe on those freelancing sites since provably it can give you more than what you ask for. For now don't pressure yourself about those earnings and try to learn first before money will just come after that.

I know its hard to live with low salary but if you are so eager to learn for sure in future you would provably know for yourself on where you could potentially earn and what skills you need to learn to have advantage to acquire multiple jobs that you can work on.
Pages:
Jump to: