Pages:
Author

Topic: Helpful approach of impossible seed phrase screenshoting - page 3. (Read 411 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I would not expect all wallets have this nice feature on, hence I would not try my luck at all trying screenshots of my seed phrase.

I have tried this before on my wallet app, but it just displayed a blank image. Though I didn't have any money inside. I also tried on another one and it gave a notification that this action is not allowed. I don't know but I feel like this feature will not stop some stubborn people. Since their phone will not screenshot, they will just use another phone and snap the screen. And it is only going to be their fault if they steal their money.
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!
The access denial of taking screenshots of my seed phrase during when I was processing my crypto wallet for my bitcoin assets holding obliged me with a dangerous warning approach that my seed phrase does not have to be exposed or keep out recah to people.
On mobile devices and applications, many wallet softwares don't allow users to screenshot seed phrase. On desktop, you can screenshot it but it's a risky practice for security of your wallet seed phrase and money you will store in it.

When you screenshot it, you will more possibly back up your wallet seed phrase firstly in digital format and secondly in arbitrary unsafe locations too. The first risk will put your wallet seed phrase to more online exposure and risk factors. Back up your seed phrase digitally does not mean it's bad practice but if this practice combines with other unsafe steps, it's bad.

How to back up a seed phrase?
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
If there is this feature for a wallet that makes people avoid taking screenshots is going to be a good one. But I do not think that there will be one to have it or if there is any, I haven't seen one.

An app that I have used before like Netflix doesn't allow their users to take screenshots of their episodes or any movie and series to be taken because that is their property.

As for us users, it seems to be convenient mostly for the newbies but it is not advisable.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I would not expect all wallets have this nice feature on, hence I would not try my luck at all trying screenshots of my seed phrase.

However, this is something minimal, actually. Smartphones are not that safe. If you get to have an amount of coins you don't really afford to lose I suggest you consider improving security (hardware wallet or cold storage, seed that never touched online world, multiple copies, .. the usual stuff written all over the place)
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
Most standard wallets restricts you from making screenshots of your wallets keys. This is to prevent you from compromising your wallet keys or exposing them to unknown individuals that might end up stealing your funds. Some wallet lets you make screenshots without even warning. Such wallets are known as unsafe and unreliable. Avoid such wallets at all cost. If I'm correct, trust wallet lets you make screenshots of your keys and trust wallet is obviously a red flag for someone who really wants to protect his funds. Avoid making screenshots but rather write down your seed and store in safe locations.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
The access denial of taking screenshots of my seed phrase during when I was processing my crypto wallet for my bitcoin assets holding obliged me with a dangerous warning approach that my seed phrase does not have to be exposed or keep out recah to people.
Else, I would had been a dumping head  flaunting my wallet seed phrase in my phone being so exposed without my knowledge that my funds are risky to be compromised.
Pages:
Jump to: