Pages:
Author

Topic: Here's how mass adoption plays out in my opinion - page 3. (Read 2903 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 251
My insane prediction is that in 2036 the primary source of revenue from JP Morgan will be from bitcoin mining operations
In my scenario, banks will be significantly disrupted.  However at first they will embrace the blockchain because they can cut so much overhead and make tons of money now.  Eventually bitcoin will kill them as it should.  This might sound crazy but I foresee securing the blockchain with mining could be the only thing some of these big banks are left with.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
I can agree for what comes to the 2016 year however I can't be sure about the others , without mentioning the fact that we are actually in a war with the banks and the media who makes Bitcoin look bad ... really bad ! So unless we win that war , we are not going anywhere if you ask me .
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
this look more stable than the theory of "one rich guy start a pump and average joe start investing in to ride the wave", but at the same time bitcoin and banks are not friends, and they are still very concentrated with their own blockchain

not to mention that some banks are started like in russia, which will hinder the adoption...i don't know for sure about your value estimation, but i'm also in the side of thinking that the enxt year is the right year to have a new ath
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Hmmm price-wise I would like to see this becoming reality. It is "a bit" optimistic but I will take it. Smiley
Regarding the banks I can not see them accepting Bitcoin in any way or see them becoming miners and supporting to secure the blockchain.
If banks to start becoming miners, damn it that should be a big big sign of alert!!
Yes I fixed it.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Why has the price dropped in 2036? Was this a typo?
I also think that banks and financial institutions will become the largest miners of bitcoin as they do their part to ensure th security of the blockchain.
Banks and financial institutions finally realize that the most robust and secure blockchain is the bitcoin blockchain and begin using it as the backbone of our financial system.  SO this gives Bitcoin value as the token that rewards miners to secure the blockchain.  

Once Bitcoin has a clear value and purpose, wealthy investors will  start to park cash in Bitcoin as a store of value due to it's deflationary nature.  Then more and more people will store money in Bitcoin as a replacement for gold.  

Then merchants will start to want to make it easier for people to spend all of that money they have stored in Bitcoin so then the wave of merchant adoption will happen.  Then once you can spend bitcoin almost anywhere, more and more people will start to use it as their currency.  Then once the rest of the idiots who are still left see the ease of use of bitcoin and watch their fiat currencies inflating to them moon, the remaining people will switch over.

I predict that this entire cycle will take 20 years with many peaks and valleys in the price per bitcoin until then.  With halving approaching and ALL of the banks now working very hard to learn about the blockchain and bitcoin right now the price looks ready to start a new bubble.  

2016:  $1,450.00 per bitcoin
2017:  $2,200.00 per bitcoin
2020:  $7,100.00 per bitcoin
2025:  $45,000.00 per bitcoin
2030:  $225,000.00 per bitcoin
2036:  $1,700,000.00 per bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: