Pages:
Author

Topic: hey - page 2. (Read 4053 times)

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
December 18, 2012, 11:59:56 AM
mtgox is great for the americans.. but not the europeans. so try a different exchange thats more european friendly

I sold btc at $11 to buy them at $13 because the main btc exchange is at fault??

you thought about this,really?

so you sold 300BTC at $11.. so that gives you $3300

buy them at the $13 price giving you around 250BTC. transfer them to another exchange such as bitcoincentral or btc-e and sell the 250 at the $13 and guess what...

you still have the $3300 you were happy to have several months ago... but in a different exchange that may accept your identity..

if you sold out several months ago you would have only had $3300 and you were happy with this amount. so you have not lost out anything but time. it would be worse if mtgox only returned 2cents to you or said you cannot have any money at all.

dont blame bitcoin for this.. blame the companies and the government laws that restrict your use of FIAT i would also recommend looking into the daily withdrawal limits stuff too.. as withdrawing too much in one go will flag extra identification being required by banks etc.

so withdraw 500 a day or whatever the limits are to ensure theres no red flags for high value money movements

legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
December 18, 2012, 11:19:30 AM
I sold my bitcoins because I want to buy a new pc I had like 300 BTC
There are now lots of PCs for sale for Bitcoin at bitcoinstore.com. You don't HAVE to sell your bitcoins to get a PC.

I don't think you can pay the VAT tax in Greece with bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
December 18, 2012, 11:11:42 AM
There are now lots of PCs for sale for Bitcoin at bitcoinstore.com. You don't HAVE to sell your bitcoins to get a PC.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2300
Chief Scientist
December 18, 2012, 11:07:17 AM

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Caveat Emptor
December 18, 2012, 11:04:55 AM
magic
the

gathering
xchange

Yes, quite naive to blame the problems on BTC and not MTGOX.

Two completely different entities entirely.

Personally I wouldnt trust a site that started out for trading magic items lol
Activity: 518
December 18, 2012, 11:04:06 AM
ITT: Guy claims bitcoin fails because he can't figure out how extracting USD works on a third party website.

Dude, you might as well claim that cars fail because jet engines are too complicated. In reality, using BTC is infinitely easier than trying to use USD online. Deal with it.
legendary
Activity: 1193
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
December 18, 2012, 10:58:19 AM
You have USD, but want to withdraw EURO?

The first thing I would have done is buying BTC for my USD and sell them for EURO.
legendary
Activity: 1806
December 18, 2012, 10:31:39 AM
You just described something that has nothing to do with Bitcoin and yet you reached the conclusion of Bitcoin fail?
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
December 18, 2012, 10:12:16 AM
I sold btc at $11 to buy them at $13 because the main btc exchange is at fault??

Buy $300 worth of bitcoins - send them to another exchange and then sell them for $300.
It doesn't matter what the price of bitcoins is now to do this.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
December 18, 2012, 08:57:00 AM
Ingenius way for people to use bitcoin with real money exchange.

"hey pal u know this dude? is he cool?"

Bitcoinmarket.eu

Here you can select the way you want to get verified. If you have some OTC reputation from the #bitcoin-otc IRC channel, select Bitcoin OTC rating option and follow the instructions on the screen.
In case you have made some successful trading in the past using CoinPal (RIP), select CoinPal as verification method and follow the instructions on screen. If you have neither OTC nor CoinPal reputation, select Other and suggest a method of confirming your honesty. After doing so, click the Verify Account Button.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
December 18, 2012, 10:04:41 AM
I cannot withdraw BTC cause I have sold all my BTC and have Mtgox $ now in it.

Buy BTC, transfer to some other exchange.

+1 fastest solucion, heard http://bitstamp.net and http://bitcoin-central.net are the best for Euro zone
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Tangible Cryptography LLC
December 18, 2012, 09:52:48 AM
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
December 18, 2012, 09:30:13 AM
December 18, 2012, 08:51:28 AM
I would also like for someone to tell me another exchange that can deal with EU and can accept normal documents for withdrawal without months of waiting?

P.S

the current value is immaterial, BUT there is a risk in converting back and forth in the currency + exchange fees for the sale and buy. This is not supposed to be the case with a simple withdraw.

also yes I know all about btc.
do you know that frequently anarchists have leaders? Its just the way it is.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
December 18, 2012, 09:08:20 AM
I was almost feeling sorry for your troubles, but then I read this...

1,5 year ago I convinced a lot of my friends to mine btc and I educated on them.
Yesterday someone asked me if I got my money or it was a scam after all.

My response? "Don't bother with btc mate"

Shouldn't that be "Don't bother with MtGox mate"?

Activity: 430
Merit: 250
December 18, 2012, 08:53:22 AM
I would also like for someone to tell me another exchange that can deal with EU and can accept normal documents for withdrawal without months of waiting?

P.S

the current value is immaterial, BUT there is a risk in converting back and forth in the currency + exchange fees for the sale and buy. This is not supposed to be the case with a simple withdraw.

also yes I know all about btc.
do you know that frequently anarchists have leaders? Its just the way it is.

bitstamp, you could also try localbitcoins.
December 18, 2012, 08:47:54 AM
I get your point mtgox != bitcoin.

It just happens that it is the most publicized and known exchange for this currency . Like the central bank. It dropped btc value to zero for some hours .It is used for determining the current value usually.
You cannot play down the importance and my title.

Bitcoin is a currency, and its central bank Sucks.

I will find a way to get my money , I am just communicating how difficult it is for me to get it.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
December 18, 2012, 08:53:12 AM
I cannot withdraw BTC cause I have sold all my BTC and have Mtgox $ now in it.

It is just juge hassle to withdraw. My account is verified but not "trusted" and I am supposed to be able to withdraw <$1k but It is just resturned to me.

Every time I mail support it takes 3-4 days only to be faced with another technicality or problem.

I am just saying, having a currency where you can only deposit very easily (no documents asked for SEPA) but so so difficult to withdraw. How is bitcoin supposed to be for the masses?

I find it a little bit ironic that one of the main reasons bitcoin is so amazing is because it solves exactly the problem you are ascribing to it. =P

How much are you trying to sell? I have a decent bitmit rating and im in the market to buy.
Activity: 658
Caveat Emptor
December 18, 2012, 08:49:53 AM

Bitcoin is a currency, and its central bank Sucks.

Hmmm I find fault with that statement. Do you really know what BTC is all about?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
December 18, 2012, 08:44:44 AM

The rate that you would have to buy them is immaterial, because you are simply going to convert them to EUR somewhere else at the same rate.

i.e., if you have 100 EUR, and buy BTCs at $13 USD then go sell BTCs elsewhere at $13 USD you get about 100 EUR again (less trade fees, less exchange rate difference between the two exchanges.

So it wouldn't matter if the BTC/USD was up to $50 right now, you are simply buying BTC with EUR and shortly after selling BTC to get EUR at the same rate.

Even Warren Mosler gets that:

The value of a Bitcoin is of no particular consequence to the buyer and seller in the case of transactions like this,
- http://moslereconomics.com/2012/12/10/bitcoins-join-global-bank-network
Pages:
Jump to: