Pages:
Author

Topic: Hey for the love of Satoshi can I PLEASE pay a tx fee? - page 3. (Read 4282 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
TORwallet charges a fixed 0.0005 BTC transaction fee.

And that all goes directly to miners.

When you say "charges" you mean the fee is sent to miners correct? 

Hehe I was going to post this just as you posted your reply.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

When you say "charges" you mean the fee is sent to miners correct? 
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
Cheaperinbitcoins requires 0.01 BTC per merchant per order(so no matter what its guaranteed to be redeemed by the merchant almost by the first block)
donator
Gerald Davis
Armory has adjustable fees.

Thanks.  Updated.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
Armory has adjustable fees.
donator
Gerald Davis
Strongcoin is actually 1% with a min. Of .005

Strongcoin charges 1% but only half goes to the miners.  I will clarify.  Thanks.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is a food group.
Strongcoin is actually 1% with a min. Of .005
donator
Gerald Davis
Look I want to pay a tx fee.  It is the only way to get ahead of the Satoshi Dice spam.  Free market at work and all that good stuff.   The problem is outside of standalone clients and a few ewallet providers I CAN'T.  Come on MtGox it isn't 2009 anymore.  Free tx are low priority.  At least give me the option of paying a fee.

So I am starting a list of clients, ewallets, exchanges, and other service providers and their fee policies.

Fee Types:
No fee = No fee is included with any normal transaction*.  User can not modify default behavior and include a fee.  (See Dust & Low Priority Exception below)
Fixed per tx fee = fee is a fixed value per tx (regardless of tx size).  The user can not change/override the fee.
Fixed per KB fee = fee is a fixed value per KB.  Most tx are <1KB but larger tx will pay a higher fee.  The user can not change/override the fee.
Variable fee = Fee is determined based on an algorithm and is not a single value per kb or per tx.   User can not change or override the fee.
Adjustable fee = User can change the fee to a desired amount (including zero*) to balance tx speed vs economy.

*Dust & Low Priority Exception:
The satoshi client (and others services built on it) have a set of required fee rules which deal with dust (very small txs) and low priority txs (priority is the product of age and value of inputs).   The purpose of this fee is to prevent denial of service attacks against the network not to prioritize txs or incentivize miners.  Nodes and miners following these rules will drop txs which don't include the required fee. If a client/service only incorporates the min mandatory fees it will be marked No fee but include a * to reflect it's handling of transactions which are classified as low priority or dust.

Clients
Satoshi/Reference client - Adjustable fee
Armory - Adjustable fee
BitcoinSpinner - Fixed Per KB Fee 0.0005 BTC (0.0005 min)
Electrum - Adjustable fee
Multibit - Adjustable fee (min fee of 0.0001 BTC per tx)
? ? ?

Exchanges
MtGox - No fee
CampBX - No fee*
Bitfloor - No fee
BTC-E - No fee (they do charge a fee but it doesn't go miners)
Intersango - No fee

eWallets
StrongCoin - Variable fee 0.5% of tx value (min of 0.0025)  This is portion of fee which is paid to miners
BlockChain.info - Adjustable fee (custom txs only)
Instawallet - No fee ? ? ?
EasyWallet.Org - Fixed Per Tx Fee 0.0005 BTC
PayTunia - ? ? ?
TorWallet  - No fee*

Mining Pools (top 10 pools only for brevity)
Deepbit - No fee
BTCGuild - No fee*
OzCoin - ?
Slush - ?
ABCPool - ?
50BTC - ?
BitMinter - ?
MtRed - ?

Note: p2pool & Eligus payout directly from the coinbase tx.  The compensation for miners is already part of the solved block and no subsequent tx is needed.  There is no concept of fee on coinbase txs.

Service Providers
Satoshi Dice - Variable fee   max(0.0005, (ins + outs) * 0.000075)  Author note:  wonder why they didn't just make it per KB?
Bitmit - Fixed per tx fee 0.001 BTC
CheaperInBitcoins - Fixed per tx fee 0.01 BTC

This is a work in progress and your help is appreciated.  If you have info on a fee policy or spot an error please post in the thread.  When stating a fee be sure to clarify if the fee is per KB, per tx, or unsure as both methods of calculating fee are used.  A service which follows only min required fee rules of the Satoshi client is considered "no fee".
Pages:
Jump to: