Pages:
Author

Topic: High blood pressure back to normal after 3 days of not smoking - page 2. (Read 1140 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
That's awesome, man! I smoked for 27 years and quit last September - I was given a vape pen that Christmas but never really used it and just happened to buy some e-juice one day and really dug the flavor, figured I'd try quitting and it is actually surreal that I'm cig -free. i spend about $11 every month and a half on juice, before I was smoking a pack every other day so the money I've saved has been a lot. My doctor freaked-out at how clear my lungs were and my only regret is not doing this sooner. Keep it up, you won't even be thinking of cigarettes in a few days.

Thanks buddy I'm already over the worst of the cravings. The e-cigs really help too.

Funny thing is you need to be ready to give up, I've tried before when I wasn't ready and it didn't work.

You need to be ready to give up smoking for this to work.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
That's awesome, man! I smoked for 27 years and quit last September - I was given a vape pen that Christmas but never really used it and just happened to buy some e-juice one day and really dug the flavor, figured I'd try quitting and it is actually surreal that I'm cig -free. i spend about $11 every month and a half on juice, before I was smoking a pack every other day so the money I've saved has been a lot. My doctor freaked-out at how clear my lungs were and my only regret is not doing this sooner. Keep it up, you won't even be thinking of cigarettes in a few days.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Hi all,

Just wanted to let the smokers among you how much smoking can effect your blood pressure.

I've been smoking for the last 20 years, I'm now 41.

I've been on high blood pressure tablets for the last 15 years.

I decided on 9-6-15 (Tuesday this week) to give up smoking with e-cigs for help. This was also because I did a deal with a family member that was an alcoholic and in desperate need of help that they stopped drinking and I would stop smoking at the same time as I knew stopping smoking would be a big incentive for them to stop drinking.

I had to go for a blood pressure test on the same day and my blood pressure was high 180/80 as usual.

They told me to go back today (3 days later) because I had decided to stop smoking and my blood pressure was down to 139/? (cant remember that number) which is just slightly above normal.

I now have to go back in a months time because I don't now need high blood pressure medication because after 3 days of not smoking my blood pressure is pretty much normal and I don't need medication anymore, for the first time in nearly 20 years!!!

The doctor told me that its usual for smokers blood pressure to reduce by 20% after 24 hours!

So there you go. If you smoke and want to reduce your blood pressure then give up or try e-cigarettes like me.

It will reduce your chance of heart attack and stroke massively.

I would like everyone to give up smoking normal cigarettes, I know its only early days but I feel more positive than ever before when trying.

Good luck to you all that are trying to give up drinking or smoking Smiley.
Pages:
Jump to: