Pages:
Author

Topic: High inflation is causing GLOBAL protests - page 2. (Read 5093 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
November 26, 2022, 07:10:03 PM

Yes, it is undeniable that the economic crisis is getting worse after the war between Russia vs Ukraine. and it's true, if the war didn't happen it's possible that the global economy would improve slightly even if slowly for some countries. However, the problem of inflation still cannot be avoided even though the Russia vs Ukraine War did not occur. but certainly not as bad as today. because today's inflation is also part of the post-pandemic market shock. demand that suddenly soars after quarantine restrictions are lifted or after the pandemic is over. and supply cannot keep up with demand. an example is the demand for natural gas which has soared post-pandemic. although natural gas is available but still it is limited and cannot keep up with demand. coupled with the actions of several countries boycotting Russia. so that Russia also stopped shipping natural gas to several countries such as in Europe.
Be your own best advocate. Although everyone is complaining so much about about inflation but holiday shoppers are at the peak for the shopping.
I think many people are used to complaining all the time - but obviously they are shopping and dining out all the time even the inflation is at the peak.
Activity: 714
Merit: 383
November 22, 2022, 02:19:13 PM
Inflation is rising globally since war broke out between Russia and Ukraine which caused high price of food and energy but since FED has taken strong measures to control inflation by increasing interest rates, it will certainly start coming down as it is evident from CPI data released this evening. CPI of October is 7.7% which is significantly lower than last month. If this trend continues, we will see decline in prices of goods & services  in coming days.

https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/

It's all Russia's fault. If Putin didn't decide to invade Ukraine in the first place, the economy would've been on a path towards a slow and steady recovery (since the COVID-19 pandemic temporarily affected it). Now things are worse, as Russia decided to stop selling energy/gas to the EU. This caused inflation to increase by a large margin within the bloc. Global food prices also increased due to Ukraine's inability to export wheat (although a deal was made with the UN recently to help address the issue).

I don't think central banks' efforts to tackle inflation will work if Russia continues with the war. The Putin regime must be stopped so we could see inflation decline to acceptable levels. Poor people are being severely affected, while the wealthy are doing well. I hope this will be all over soon, so we could be on a road towards a prosperous future. Just my opinion Smiley
Yes, it is undeniable that the economic crisis is getting worse after the war between Russia vs Ukraine. and it's true, if the war didn't happen it's possible that the global economy would improve slightly even if slowly for some countries. However, the problem of inflation still cannot be avoided even though the Russia vs Ukraine War did not occur. but certainly not as bad as today. because today's inflation is also part of the post-pandemic market shock. demand that suddenly soars after quarantine restrictions are lifted or after the pandemic is over. and supply cannot keep up with demand. an example is the demand for natural gas which has soared post-pandemic. although natural gas is available but still it is limited and cannot keep up with demand. coupled with the actions of several countries boycotting Russia. so that Russia also stopped shipping natural gas to several countries such as in Europe.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1351
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 21, 2022, 09:29:14 PM
Indeed, Ukraine war is behind all financial crisis which created logistic issues worldwide and caused financial crisis all over the world. this war is a madness and it continues it can potentially spread to other countries which can create very dangerous situation for the whole world. Central Banks usually reduce money supply by increasing interest rates which mostly works but it is not good solution for long term as it reduces business activity.

Central banks can't keep raising interest rates forever. Sooner or later they're going to have to take a softer stance against inflation, as it will do more harm than good to markets and businesses themselves. People are going to have to hold off until everything goes back to normal. I'm hopeful the war will come to an end by 2023, as countries continue to supply weapons and aid to Ukraine. A Ukrainian victory would be a terrible shame for Putin. It could end his regime as we know it. Not only that, but such victory would also strengthen democracies worldwide. No one knows what the future holds, so we can only hope for the best. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
November 21, 2022, 07:28:50 PM
Before all these unrests started, the world was hit by covid and many countries were forced into lock downs which mearnt production and service delivery dropped massively which negatively affected people's earnings and livelihood. Then along the way when the world was recovering from the effects of covid Russia declared war on Ukraine which has had a snowball effect that's negatively affecting other countries which has brought all these problems... and the only solution to this is a standoff by both countries to get things back to normal better yet Russia stands down!
I agree there is so much inflation but there is so much propaganda which is adding fuel to the fire.
keeping everything a side - one should work to gain financial freedom and nothing more, the rest is the waste of time and energy
Activity: 1778
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
November 21, 2022, 07:13:11 PM
Before all these unrests started, the world was hit by covid and many countries were forced into lock downs which mearnt production and service delivery dropped massively which negatively affected people's earnings and livelihood. Then along the way when the world was recovering from the effects of covid Russia declared war on Ukraine which has had a snowball effect that's negatively affecting other countries which has brought all these problems... and the only solution to this is a standoff by both countries to get things back to normal better yet Russia stands down!
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2988
November 21, 2022, 07:09:09 PM
High inflation is an absolute killer right now and I just don't see how so many people are actually going to be able to survive without getting some relief from inflation.  I know a lot of people who make a pretty darn good living but thanks to inflation it's crushing their wallets and they aren't going to be able to afford the luxuries quite like they used to be able to. 

I'm curious how companies will respond in terms of pay raises, overall.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
November 21, 2022, 06:54:33 PM
These is worldwide, i am still not believe that in our country, they blame it to the government. Maybe the government is the one who manage not to worsen the inflation but if a bigger and richer country is having a problem about inflation, how could a third-world country can manage it easily?
people here my country are protesting like crazy against high prices and inflation
but the only solution is to gain financial freedom and nothing else
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Chainjoes.com
November 21, 2022, 09:53:25 AM
These is worldwide, i am still not believe that in our country, they blame it to the government. Maybe the government is the one who manage not to worsen the inflation but if a bigger and richer country is having a problem about inflation, how could a third-world country can manage it easily?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
November 21, 2022, 05:26:38 AM
Of course high inflation is causing global protests because everyone, everywhere is feeling the pain.  This shows that this is not a local phenomenon but a worldwide thing, nonetheless it will be incorrectly politicized for power.

Inflation is a serious problem because it involves the necessities of life for humans. Sometimes people don't think about filling up their bank accounts. They only need money to buy basic needs. If they can't afford to buy basic needs, there will be protests and criminal acts.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 278
November 19, 2022, 07:59:25 PM
Of course high inflation is causing global protests because everyone, everywhere is feeling the pain.  This shows that this is not a local phenomenon but a worldwide thing, nonetheless it will be incorrectly politicized for power.
There had been complains everywhere in the world and if this continues it could lead to continuous protest from different countries. Inflation is increasing everyday and the price of goods keep going up without the government coming to look for solution that will end this inflicted hike of products. This was as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic that caused a severe havoc on our economy. The stain is going to take a very long time to be able to clear off if nothing is done.
copper member
Activity: 1260
Merit: 698
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 18, 2022, 01:56:43 AM
Inflation is rising globally since war broke out between Russia and Ukraine which caused high price of food and energy but since FED has taken strong measures to control inflation by increasing interest rates, it will certainly start coming down as it is evident from CPI data released this evening. CPI of October is 7.7% which is significantly lower than last month. If this trend continues, we will see decline in prices of goods & services  in coming days.

It's all Russia's fault. If Putin didn't decide to invade Ukraine in the first place, the economy would've been on a path towards a slow and steady recovery (since the COVID-19 pandemic temporarily affected it). Now things are worse, as Russia decided to stop selling energy/gas to the EU. This caused inflation to increase by a large margin within the bloc. Global food prices also increased due to Ukraine's inability to export wheat (although a deal was made with the UN recently to help address the issue).

I don't think central banks' efforts to tackle inflation will work if Russia continues with the war. The Putin regime must be stopped so we could see inflation decline to acceptable levels. Poor people are being severely affected, while the wealthy are doing well. I hope this will be all over soon, so we could be on a road towards a prosperous future. Just my opinion Smiley

Indeed, Ukraine war is behind all financial crisis which created logistic issues worldwide and caused financial crisis all over the world. this war is a madness and it continues it can potentially spread to other countries which can create very dangerous situation for the whole world. Central Banks usually reduce money supply by increasing interest rates which mostly works but it is not good solution for long term as it reduces business activity.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1351
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 17, 2022, 09:08:29 PM
Inflation is rising globally since war broke out between Russia and Ukraine which caused high price of food and energy but since FED has taken strong measures to control inflation by increasing interest rates, it will certainly start coming down as it is evident from CPI data released this evening. CPI of October is 7.7% which is significantly lower than last month. If this trend continues, we will see decline in prices of goods & services  in coming days.

copper member
Activity: 1260
Merit: 698
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 10, 2022, 09:41:57 AM
Of course high inflation is causing global protests because everyone, everywhere is feeling the pain.  This shows that this is not a local phenomenon but a worldwide thing, nonetheless it will be incorrectly politicized for power.

Activity: 2016
Merit: 701
November 08, 2022, 02:03:54 PM
We all waste time in talking and making excuses - but the best practice is to work hard a bit harder and longer
Because you have to earn more to combat inflation.
And this blame game on inflation is not going to end - so better work and earn
No one is wasting time here because working while talking is also allowed as long as it can produce, and vice versa. Because you will also get bored more easily when you work without talking to people around you, especially if you need more ideas to improve your work better and also increase your income as you want. So no time is wasted as long as it is used to work for more income.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 583
November 06, 2022, 07:27:25 PM
Of course high inflation is causing global protests because everyone, everywhere is feeling the pain.  This shows that this is not a local phenomenon but a worldwide thing, nonetheless it will be incorrectly politicized for power.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 544
We are all the pieces of what we remember.
November 06, 2022, 06:26:21 AM

I heard the country is planning to use gold and then dollar but they should also consider cryptos such as bitcoin.

Yes, countries with high inflation should try all possible solutions and bitcoin should be one of them. There is no guarantee that it will help them weather inflation and revive the economy, but it is an opportunity they should try.

I think that inflation is a natural problem because even other well developed countries can experience it too so people shouldn't just protest quickly and put the blame all to their government. That isn't helping but it can only cause more problems.

It's true, people tend to blame everything on government for silly reasons, sometimes inflation is caused by corrupt government which leads to inflation and default of a country. But sometimes due to other causes such as the ongoing global economic crisis caused by pandemics and wars, it is not possible to blame the government entirely in this case. It can be seen that even major powers such as Germany, Britain, etc. have also fallen into an unprecedented crisis, so this is extremely difficult for countries in the 3rd world.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
November 06, 2022, 06:01:34 AM
All around the different regions/parts of the world, they have the same issue that's causing mass protests. It's HIGH INFLATION, HIGH FUEL PRICES, HIGH FOOD PRICES, HIGH COSTS OF LIVING, AND LOW MINIMUM WAGE.
I fear that this issue of inflation has also had an effect on the security of lives and property. We need no percentage to estimate and say that the level of insecurity has risen and it is evident from my all around us with more desperate individuals who are willing to do or go any length to be able to survive the present harsh economic realities caused by inflation. We all have to exhibit caution and care in dealing with individuals around us, both the ones we think we know and the ones we don't know.
After several years of the most severe coronavirus pandemic in recent decades, which completely disrupted the usual way of life of people, undermined and significantly reduced the production of goods and services, the economic situation deteriorated sharply in almost all countries. The current Russian military aggression against Ukraine has exacerbated this bad situation, as once again the supply of not only energy but also other goods, especially agricultural goods, has been severely disrupted, set in motion millions of refugees, tens of thousands of deaths and numerous destruction of civilian infrastructure. Therefore, high inflation in the current situation is natural. Mass protests of people will not change this situation, and if they are very long, then the economic situation can only worsen. We need to go through these difficult tests and everything will work out after a certain time.
Activity: 714
Merit: 383
November 06, 2022, 05:02:32 AM
We also need to make preparations from now on. because we do not know when the ongoing global economic crisis will end. preparation can be done by changing the pattern of life to be more frugal. so you can still set aside money for savings. so that when inflation gets higher and causes a recession. then we are ready to face it because we have made preparations from the beginning.
The main danger of high inflation is that it eats up your savings and therefore the rate on accumulating savings for a long time no longer works. Also, in the case of high inflation, companies can no longer plan some things for a long time and will try to do such actions that will provide a large profit in a short time. Also, high inflation eats up the standard of living of citizens and citizens become poorer. Governments of states and citizens should change their actions, but unfortunately they do not have this experience and all this leads to social tension, and if the circumstances are unfortunate, to an explosion. Therefore, very difficult times are coming now and it is not known when there will be an improvement.
it's true as you say. the most difficult situation when the inflation rate is higher is when the income we receive which is usually enough to survive for 1 month and usually can set aside a little income for savings, but now the money from that income is not even enough for one month's living expenses. because the drastic rate of increase in prices is not accompanied by an increase in income received every month. so that instead of being able to save, it is actually our savings that can be reduced or used.

The only solution that can be taken in such a situation is to change the lifestyle to be as frugal as possible. I usually prefer to eat fast food via delivery from a nearby restaurant. now I have changed my lifestyle by preferring to cook my own food that I will eat. even now I no longer buy raw food ingredients from supermarkets. but I prefer to buy from the roadside market where the price is much cheaper. because it comes from local farmers. whereas in supermarkets it is always much more expensive because sometimes many foodstuffs are imported so of course the price is a little more expensive. I'm still trying my best to save up.

But you are right. not everyone is ready for all this. because some people still do not change their lifestyle even though inflation is felt to be getting higher. So what happens is that there are many people who take loans from online to cover the lack of money for their monthly shopping. so that in the following months their condition becomes even more difficult. because in addition to having to meet daily needs for one month plus they have to pay installments from online loans they received last month. they blame the government. so that a lot of riots and protests are increasingly rampant. such as many who protested the increase in fuel prices. but the government could not grant the request of the people who carried out the protest. because the government raises the price of fuel with a strong reason even for it is done to fix the current economic crisis. but sometimes the government's policies still feel ineffective. even the economic crisis is getting worse. and one of the reasons why the policy seems ineffective is that a lot of funds are misappropriated by corrupt officials. if inflation is higher and the level of corruption in a country is also high. then of course the country will be difficult to recover and even worse. so that it is the people who suffer more and further protests will be at a severe level which could lead to clashes between the citizens and the government as happened in Sri Lanka.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 337
November 06, 2022, 04:18:52 AM
Many countries went bankrupt because of uncontrolled inflation, such as zimbabwe which was once reported to buy 1 kg of eggs it took almost 1 basket of money, it is true that this is a serious problem that must be resolved as soon as possible before it becomes more difficult.
Lol that's crazy but that was true and there is even 1 million dollar bill on them but the value of it was still tiny and it might need you to obtain more of it before you can purchase some basic necessities that people need daily. Inflation is a serious problem but more on that country. It seems it's too late already for them to take preventive measures but what they need is more on a solution.

I heard the country is planning to use gold and then dollar but they should also consider cryptos such as bitcoin. I think that inflation is a natural problem because even other well developed countries can experience it too so people shouldn't just protest quickly and put the blame all to their government. That isn't helping but it can only cause more problems.
Activity: 219
Merit: 15
November 04, 2022, 05:09:21 AM
Inflation is certainly a cause of economic storms that are difficult for everyone, many countries do everything, for example by providing subsidies and ease of capital loans so that they can move the economy so that they can become even better.
Pages:
Jump to: