Pages:
Author

Topic: High volatility and sudden crashes will kill bitcoin, unless... - page 3. (Read 2469 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
You don’t seem to take into account that crypto is a completely new market that did not existed 10 years ago and when a new market emerges then there is great instability, so I think it is a bad idea to try to stabilize something that by its simple nature is going to be unstable let bitcoin find its level as anything else, with the market and old supply and demand.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Hi Ev'rybody.
Last days we witnessed a 20% crash in bitcoin, not to sepak about other crypto, including ETH that had the most solid growth till then.
These anomalies, as good as they might be for day traders, does not speak well about the BTC as a reserve currency.

As I said before, there's a reason why paper money was pegged to gold prices and reserves. Because any currency needs a reference value if it is going to avoid those dramatic ups and downs. The euphemism of USDT is just out of question.

And even though I'm strongly against any regulation of BTC or any other crypto, I have to say, leaving it freely float poses dangers such those I said, plus manipulations of speculators who can, by their own operations, affect prices at will.

So, I will insist that crypto needs a value reference. And as I said in my other posts, the best reference value is ENERGY. The most pure asset in the universe.
And there's got to be a way to tie the value of bitcoin to Joules. There's already SOLARCOIN, but to be honest I'm not sure how that is working.

Future economy has to be energy-based.

Please feel free to download my proposal in pdf: Teraflops and Terawatts at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7JgGimv_JMJaWdYQXdtb1RVZVE

Greets,

http://estaciontrend.blogspot.com/

Bitcoin is pegged to something though. Security, continuing usage by people/others, transaction validation, store of wealth etc. All of these things are built into having bitcoin. These are not built into a dollar. Many other systems have to operate to validate dollar spending, mobile armored cars used to transfer money to banks, security in vaults/storage, etc.

A whole system compromises the worth of a dollar, which you rightly point out has gone down due to not being attached to gold any more. Remembering back to the time of buying a hershey bar for 5 cents, now it is a dollar or more. The dollar has been devalued many times over, some say by over 97%.

BTC is fine with what it has, but needs innovations to bring in more user friendly options for mass adoption.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
the danger is the impact of the bitcoin to our economy and not simply the bitcoin. It is the way individuals would utilize or use the energy of bitcoin. Exchange can't be effectively hacked unless beast constrained yet it would takes a great many years so therefor it is untouchable and it is recently the patronizers that the truth is going past it's motivation. You likewise right that it should be vitality based in light of the fact that it general it is producing another period that can work without a deal exchange or it is just an uneven exchange.
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
If you really consider the amount of energy consumed to mine one bitcoin you will know that it is really an energy consuming coin,take into account the electronic wastes it creates in the form of obsolete mining hardware's and the amount of power it is using world wide,to be frank it is a complete waste of energy,we need to have some economic solution for these things which i know is not possible. Grin Bitcoin is volatile from the start and it did not kill the coin and i think it wont.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
The traders know what happened in the price of bitcoin and they know that in the trade of any asset the same thing happen so they will not leave bitcoin having that feature and will use bitcoin for their trade. If anyone saw it for the first time then in the future they can secure themselves. If everyone will learn about that thing then they will not leave bitcoin and bitcoin will survive.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
To a degree, crypto day traders like high volatility.

More price swings over time translate to greater opportunities to generate profits.

If BTC's price moves 1% in 24 hours that means the most traders could hope to profit is 1%.

Larger and more frequent price movements make it easier to profit and also increase the maximum amount of potential profits.

Volatility isn't the cause of price decline btw.

Big BTC holders look to be cashing out & selling BTC off their crypto in high volume.

That seems to be the reason behind some of the larger BTC declines we've seen of late.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
You can't expect an aspiring reserve currency that is still tiny (less marketcap than some business brands) to not be very volatile. You should see that as a positive because it means the market is still not mature.

Once bitcoin reaches 6 figures per coin and stabilizes this will not be a problem. You can't artificially create stability because that wouldn't be a decentralized freemarket anymore, which is why bitcoin needs to reach 6 figures with a marketcap similar to gold's in order to protect itself against wild price swings.

BTC should be 6 figures in the next decade if it consolidates itself as the world crypto reserve.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I don't think Bitcoin will undergo major downs in coming days as it does before. In past we have seen it crashing by 50-60% but the last crash was only of about 10-20% which also recovered its the in a day, this shows Bitcoin adopters have increased overtime and more users means more stability.

Somehow mass adoption helps in lowering percentage of crash, though the crash were happen really fast just like in a day its totally arising then when midnight fall it lower which is unexpectedly.

Yeah, we cannot say bitcoin is completely crash proof. It would be almost impossible situation. But yes, it is now out of danger situation where individual assume he made too much profit one day and loose everything the next very day. Most of the altcoins are currently at this stage.
But bitcoin is now mature enough to sustain big dumps with little price fall and situation rectify soon after.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
You are basically asking for a stable price so when you bought coins at $2600 there will be something in play to keep the price above $2600?
Bitcoin without these fluctuations is nothing, volatile price is what makes it interesting. This makes no sense, if you lack the guts to take the risks then you are not made for this market. There has been no crashes, why would people call this a crash? if some big whales suddenly decide to dump their coins it's an opportunity for others and it's not a crash, you could call it crash if price drops to sub $500 and stays there for a month.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
This volatility is not good if it stays this way, but remember, we are still in the early years of bitcoin. As time goes on, the volatility should gradually change over to stability and steady gain in value.

Athe current situation volatility is quite an attraction to bitcoin.  Several investors and speculators are jumping in to bitcoin economy just to take advantage of this situation.  This might be not good to those who does not know how to dance with bitcoin volatility but this is great for those who are well versed with it.  Bitcoin will be boring and will not cater much attention of it started as stable currency though I believe  and I agree once saturation  level is met, the price will become stable.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
There are coins linked to almost every other asset - Oil, Gold, Energy, even Dollar.  Roll Eyes
While these are interesting concepts, Bitcoin has achieved scale and has large hashing power backing it. So it won't be easy for an alt to displace it.
Yes and moreover those sudden falls and high volatility are not new to bitcoin prices also bitcoin market is known for its unpredictable fluctuating nature. Bitcoin's investors have traveled along with those hard time and they still enjoying their stay just due to bitcoin remains dominant in its vertical. As long as bitcoin has such supporters, never need to worry about volatility/crashes, yes it will bounce back to new ATH for sure. This time too. We can expect new ATH in June again.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
The volatility of bitcoin is something that is not out of the ordinary for someone who is already involved like you and I and this is largely explained due to the growing nature of the coin. However, the central regulation is something that would definitely negate the fundamental principle for the establishment of bitcoin. I believe that in due time when the entrants stabilizes then volatility will also be minimise to a large extent.

Correct. We already know how bitcoin is very unstable and yet we go with the flow. Its how the nature of bitcoin is from the start its volatile. If you don't want volatility then bitcoin trading is not for you. And having a reference value for bitcoin will not be good for the market as well, again because its boils down as to how it is design. Decentralized and psuedo anonymous and volatile.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
Bitcoin is being constantly developed, there will be only 21 millions of Bitcoins in the world and some of them already disappeared, people lost them. Bitcoin was "programmed" to price a lot on long term, but it's not instantly, takes some time to reach to the goal and the way we are going involves high price flutuations, all the time. I believe in the future the price will become more stable, so people can use it like currency and not speculative asset.

Exactly, Bitcoin keeps evolving and the path to evolution wouldn't becstraight or stable until we get there so I'll urge all to exercise patience and adopt to the volatility while we journey along to riches.
Activity: 322
The volatility of bitcoin is something that is not out of the ordinary for someone who is already involved like you and I and this is largely explained due to the growing nature of the coin. However, the central regulation is something that would definitely negate the fundamental principle for the establishment of bitcoin. I believe that in due time when the entrants stabilizes then volatility will also be minimise to a large extent.
Activity: 378
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hi Ev'rybody.
Last days we witnessed a 20% crash in bitcoin, not to sepak about other crypto, including ETH that had the most solid growth till then.
These anomalies, as good as they might be for day traders, does not speak well about the BTC as a reserve currency.

As I said before, there's a reason why paper money was pegged to gold prices and reserves. Because any currency needs a reference value if it is going to avoid those dramatic ups and downs. The euphemism of USDT is just out of question.

And even though I'm strongly against any regulation of BTC or any other crypto, I have to say, leaving it freely float poses dangers such those I said, plus manipulations of speculators who can, by their own operations, affect prices at will.

So, I will insist that crypto needs a value reference. And as I said in my other posts, the best reference value is ENERGY. The most pure asset in the universe.
And there's got to be a way to tie the value of bitcoin to Joules. There's already SOLARCOIN, but to be honest I'm not sure how that is working.

Greets,

This volatility is not good if it stays this way, but remember, we are still in the early years of bitcoin. As time goes on, the volatility should gradually change over to stability and steady gain in value.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
naah, completely wrong.
We're just along for the ride with IMHO relatively small percentage (people that bought bitcoin in 2010 don't exist, they don't anymore, newspaper bullshit, they sold ages ago), where will all the bad guys, from terrorist, arms dealers, drug dealers,.... and I don't know what bad sort of people, and people hiding their assets from the government keep their money if not in bitcoin and altcoins?

All we, the spectators/speculators, can do is provoke a small panic attack that results in about 20% drop for about 2 weeks, they don't panic, they don't care, they have most of the coins.  Grin

Hi Ev'rybody.

Greets,

Activity: 490
Merit: 256
Bitcoin has already a value reference and it is the people. This is the best value reference because the people are the one who are using bitcoin and as long as there are people using bitcoin, bitcoin will never lose value.

Volatility and price crashes has always been there, they coexist with Bitcoin because it is Bitcoin. It is normal to see bitcoin in a volatile nature and seeing crash on the market is very normal and does not bother most of the users. I short, volatility and sudden crash will never trigger the death of bitcoin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bitcoin is being constantly developed, there will be only 21 millions of Bitcoins in the world and some of them already disappeared, people lost them. Bitcoin was "programmed" to price a lot on long term, but it's not instantly, takes some time to reach to the goal and the way we are going involves high price flutuations, all the time. I believe in the future the price will become more stable, so people can use it like currency and not speculative asset.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Hahaha Solarcoin will save us all.
Good joke.

A coin that is good for... nothing.
Nobody uses it. Check their block explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/

Empty.

And that 1mw one coin crap , those are just fancy words on a wordpress theme.
In reality nothing will work as the "devs" or pumpers dream.

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
Hi Ev'rybody.

You are overreacting, this is not the first time Bitcoin has crashed (note: after much bigger rise). It's not anomalies, just profit taking, if an asset grows too fast, people start thinking that it's overpriced and start selling. What happened to Bitcoin and alts was just a healthy correction

The value of energy is just as relative as everything else, in some places it's easy to generate, in others it's hard. If someone will build tomorrow a powerful and cheap fusion reactor, your energy-backed cryptocurrency will crash much harder than Bitcoin crashed recently and probably won't recover.
Pages:
Jump to: