Pages:
Author

Topic: Higher Inflation Is Here to Stay for Years - page 5. (Read 678 times)

Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
I've said it for a long time, but this time, I'm not making this up. It's from the WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/higher-inflation-is-here-to-stay-for-years-economists-forecast-11626008400

BTC holders shall not worry.

A good Store of Value and a good hedge against inflation and uncertainty, due mainly to its ideals. Best for storing values long-term rather than short-term, and the values also benefits from its "inflation-proof/deflationary" feature especially long-term.  You can also use it to exchange value with peers short-term. It should be used for what it was made for rather than to get rich quick.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
It would need hyperinflation (not just "high" inflation) for fiat to fail. How much?

hyperinflation is rapidly rising inflation, typically measuring more than 50% per month
Source.

That said 3.2% annually is a child play.

With constant inflation, over a long period of time, the government can simply erase one digit (zero), called re-denomination. And our life will be as usual, the poor will be poorer, the rich will be richer lul.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
Hate to disagree with you but I don't think so, yes inflation will stay forever but high inflation won't last for a long time unless they do something stupid or disregard the issue altogether, I think that's the only time we are going to see high inflation rate stay but governments all over the world no matter how crooked they are, they will always find a way to alleviate inflation to get it back to a normal level.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
A full 3.2 % percent, guess it's time to pack up the shotgun and head for the woods as it's clear no economy would be able to survive this. Just to understand the magnitude of the disaster, 3.2% means in 100 years we will experience the same inflation Venezuela had in 2020 (alone) just before they were wiped out from the surface of the earth by that. Or did they survive?

When we look at things from that perspective then maybe we can try to understand how bad the situation is in some countries, compared to what is happening in the US or the EU. Of course, it should be borne in mind that we cannot compare people in Venezuela who are accustomed to an extremely difficult life, and say the countries of Western Europe that have a standard of living unimaginable to people living in third world countries.

It is a question of survival and whether someone will be able to go on a luxury vacation or will not be able to buy a new car every 5 years. I believe they have a much better chance of surviving there despite all the challenges - anything like this in the western world would turn into a nightmare from which most would never wake up.

And who else can say that money does not grow on trees?

Source
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
It's not going to be that case for years, it's just there's a pandemic that there's a high inflation rate, read the basics of inflation to know that your claim isn't true, yes there's inflation for years but if that is maintained at a lower point like 1 or 2 percent, it's actually a good thing for the economy since it stimulates economic activity.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
I've said it for a long time, but this time, I'm not making this up. It's from the WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/higher-inflation-is-here-to-stay-for-years-economists-forecast-11626008400

The global financial elite wants to devalue all debts by increasing inflation.
Nobody wants low inflation,because sooner or later the banks and governments with high debt rates/high budget deficits will go bankrupt.Increased money printing will give more fiat money in the hands of governments with big deficits/debt.This will postpone the upcoming financial disaster,but the standard of living of the working and middle class will go down in the next few years.
Keep on buying BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
Inflation is temporary:
"https://www.reuters.com/business/feds-bowman-bottlenecks-high-inflation-may-take-time-ease-2021-06-23/"
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/10/inflation-hotter-than-expected-but-transitory-wont-affect-fed-policy.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI1TyZF9KA4
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-13/fed-s-daly-says-inflation-temporary-taper-may-start-by-year-end

Fun fact. Last time I was reading book called "When Money Dies" about hyperinflation in Germany after WW1. People were being scammed with the same statements. That the inflation its temporary, that its not caused by money printing. That they print more and more money because there is lack of money. That prices goes up because of greed of speculants. Because of Jews. Because of .... Never because of money printing Smiley

The fact is that if FED will say truth "inflation will kill almost ALL FIATS in next 10-30 years" it would speed up the process to 1-5 years. They have to lie.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
The respondents on average now expect a widely followed measure of inflation, which excludes volatile food and energy components, to be up 3.2% in the fourth quarter of 2021 from a year before. They forecast the annual rise to recede to slightly less than 2.3% a year in 2022 and 2023.

I imagine the disappointment if people from Venezuela/Iran/Tukey are reading this!
The inflation will reach 3.2% YTD in Q4.

A full 3.2 % percent, guess it's time to pack up the shotgun and head for the woods as it's clear no economy would be able to survive this. Just to understand the magnitude of the disaster, 3.2% means in 100 years we will experience the same inflation Venezuela had in 2020 (alone) just before they were wiped out from the surface of the earth by that. Or did they survive?
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Life's but a walking shadow!
The policies employed to control the pandemic were no doubt inflation-bound, such as lockdowns, printing more money etc, but I consider most of those policies to be inevitable as at when they were implemented. The effects of the pandemic generally was always going to cause economic struggle, especially in the form of inflation and hyperinflation. The thing is, diverse economies will react to this situation differently, Bitcoin serves as a hedge to inflation/devaluation in fiat currencies, but imo being a Bitcoin user doesn't mean we'll celebrate inflation, cause we're all citizens/residents of a particular country and if inflation gets worse, it'd definitely affect us all.

Having said that, I don't think countries with a really functioning economy, especially prior to the lockdown will face inflation constantly for a very long time, measures will definitely be put in place to curtail it sooner than later, underdeveloped countries would face most of the brunt of this pandemic, I mean, for some of them their economic situation was already in the mud before the pandemic kicked in, it has made things a whole lot worse, and they may have to cope with inflation for quite a long while.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy

Pages:
Jump to: