Author

Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive - page 289. (Read 478581 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
Version 1.2.1.2 completed tonight.   Executable available if someone wants it.

- Fixed the unloadwallet bug. If a wallet is unloaded and removed the thread for staking will be die gracefully. Created new fStopMining bool. Could be used as an rpccommand to halt all mining.
 - Added some missing rpccommands. walletpassphrase, walletlock, walletpassphrasechange and encryptwallet(although that caused a crash with usewallets(not sure why yet), but it did encrypt the wallet).
- loadwallet bug to start staking on an offline wallet almost complete.

Included in 1.2.1.2
- Fixed the loadwallet bug. You can now copy any wallet into the %appdata% directory and it will start running stake with just a few simple commands.
Code:
loadwallet offlineWallet1
If it is encrypted just run the following command.
Code:
usewallet offlineWallet1 walletpassphrase mybadpasswordhere 9999999
then listwallets will show something like this.

{
"" : {
"balance" : 900.00000000,
"encrypted" : false,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"keypoolsize" : 103,
"keypoololdest" : 1382915576,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000
},
"4kHBN" : {
"balance" : 4570.67711200,
"keypoolsize" : 102,
"keypoololdest" : 1380315365,
"stake" : 5.02299800
},
"offlineWallet1" : {
"balance" : 15.00000000,
"encrypted" : true,
"unlocked_until" : 1384996515,
"unlocked_until_pretty" : "2013-11-21 01:15:15 (UTC)",
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"keypoololdest" : 1382924536,
}
}

After is stake to your satisfaction you can simply unload the wallet and remove it from the directory.
Code:
unloadwallet offlineWallet1

Setting to work on the GUI now, unless someone knows something else the is broken.

legendary
Version 1.2.1.2 completed tonight.   Executable available if someone wants it.

- Fixed the unloadwallet bug. If a wallet is unloaded and removed the thread for staking will be die gracefully. Created new fStopMining bool. Could be used as an rpccommand to halt all mining.
 - Added some missing rpccommands. walletpassphrase, walletlock, walletpassphrasechange and encryptwallet(although that caused a crash with usewallets(not sure why yet), but it did encrypt the wallet).
- loadwallet bug to start staking on an offline wallet almost complete.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
As a heads up removing everything except the wallet.dat and HoboNickels.conf and downloading the blocks again solved the "ERROR: mempool transaction missing input" issue for me.

Also thanks for the HoboNickels.
legendary
The pool at http://hbn.swiftmint.com is now running wallet v1.2.1.
Upgrade went seamlessly.

Thansk both! I'll ship you both 100HBN for the quickness here soon.
legendary
udated to latest version, deleted and redownloaded all data except wallet.dat
all seems working, but, still have constant mempool error in debug.log

ERROR: mempool transaction missing input
getblocks 132993 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 133492 00000000e578a511aefd

Vasp. have you tried to start up the daemon with -salvagewallet?
Activity: 19
The pool at http://hbn.swiftmint.com is now running wallet v1.2.1.
Upgrade went seamlessly.
Activity: 49
udated to latest version, deleted and redownloaded all data except wallet.dat
all seems working, but, still have constant mempool error in debug.log

getblocks 132993 to 00000000000000000000 limit 500
  getblocks stopping at limit 133492 00000000e578a511aefd
legendary
doesnt compile on ubuntu.
seems makefile.unix not changed for regex lib use.

upd:
used boost 1.48 there, but
even with added missing ref to boost_regex in makefile its cant link with following error:

g++ -O2 -msse2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src -I/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o hobonickelsd obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/noui.o obj/kernel.o obj/pbkdf2.o obj/scrypt_mine.o obj/scrypt-x86.o obj/scrypt-x86_64.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l boost_regex -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread
obj/init.o: In function `Shutdown(void*)':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/init.cpp:85: undefined reference to `TimerThread::StopTimer()'
obj/init.o: In function `AppInit2()':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/init.cpp:799: undefined reference to `TimerThread::StartTimer()'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::TimedLock(long long)':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/wallet.cpp:2159: undefined reference to `CTimerJob::Schedule(boost::posix_time::time_duration const&)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWalletLockJob':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/wallet.h:46: undefined reference to `CTimerJob::CTimerJob(bool)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `~CWalletLockJob':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/wallet.h:46: undefined reference to `CTimerJob::~CTimerJob()'
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/wallet.h:46: undefined reference to `CTimerJob::~CTimerJob()'
obj/wallet.o:(.rodata._ZTI14CWalletLockJob[typeinfo for CWalletLockJob]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for CTimerJob'
obj/walletdb.o: In function `CWalletLockJob':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/wallet.h:46: undefined reference to `CTimerJob::CTimerJob(bool)'
obj/walletdb.o: In function `~CWalletLockJob':
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hobonickelsd] Error 1

Vasp, sorry I failed the include the timer.cpp and timer.h in the includes. It is part of the disto, I must have missed it on the make.

Edit: This should do it. https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/blob/master/src/makefile.unix

Activity: 49
doesnt compile on ubuntu.
seems makefile.unix not changed for regex lib use.

upd:
used boost 1.48 there, but
even with added missing ref to boost_regex in makefile its cant link with following error:

g++ -O2 -msse2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src -I/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o hobonickelsd obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/noui.o obj/kernel.o obj/pbkdf2.o obj/scrypt_mine.o obj/scrypt-x86.o obj/scrypt-x86_64.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l boost_regex -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread
obj/init.o: In function `Shutdown(void*)':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/init.cpp:85: undefined reference to `TimerThread::StopTimer()'
obj/init.o: In function `AppInit2()':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/init.cpp:799: undefined reference to `TimerThread::StartTimer()'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::TimedLock(long long)':
/usr/src/hbtmp/HoboNickels/src/wallet.cpp:2159: undefined reference to `CTimerJob::Schedule(boost::posix_time::time_duration const&)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWalletLockJob':
obj/wallet.o: In function `~CWalletLockJob':
obj/wallet.o:(.rodata._ZTI14CWalletLockJob[typeinfo for CWalletLockJob]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for CTimerJob'
obj/walletdb.o: In function `CWalletLockJob':
obj/walletdb.o: In function `~CWalletLockJob':
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hobonickelsd] Error 1
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
Nice!
I update to the latest version now.

F3QvZ1wd94oXLVQEaSctNVoy8PS8FoBXTK

Wish you the best for your HoboNickels.  Cheesy

Thank you. Did you have any issues?

Thanks for the Hobos.  Cheesy

All works fine. No issues.  Smiley
legendary
Nice!

Thank you. Did you have any issues?
legendary
This is most likely caused by many micro stakes trying to stake at the same time. It eats up the CPU. The best option is to combine your coins into a few larger sets. Just send them to yourself.

This will be addressed in future releases. Although the best I can do is create additional threads for the staking processes. And perhaps further optimized the staking process. But at the core it is just mining so at some point it will be too much and combining will be necessary.

Other crypto clients don't stake at 10 days!

Sending the whole amount to myself helped. But this is a real problem for miners. In 10 days my new mined coins will break my wallet software again and I would be forced to resend the whole amount I have once more, because there is no way to send only new coins.

I agree. I also had this problem. I solved it for myself by sending to a different wallet that I only use for stake.  You can also try utilizing the new version 1.2.1 and combine coins into  a separate wallet, then just bring those coins online when they have aged 10-30 days. Let them stake, then set them back off line.

Avanced Coin Control will also be in a future update, so you will have the ability to send only the coinage coins you want.

Please be sure to backup all wallets!

Activity: 73
Merit: 11
This is most likely caused by many micro stakes trying to stake at the same time. It eats up the CPU. The best option is to combine your coins into a few larger sets. Just send them to yourself.

This will be addressed in future releases. Although the best I can do is create additional threads for the staking processes. And perhaps further optimized the staking process. But at the core it is just mining so at some point it will be too much and combining will be necessary.

Sending the whole amount to myself helped. But this is a real problem for miners. In 10 days my new mined coins will break my wallet software again and I would be forced to resend the whole amount I have once more, because there is no way to send only new coins.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
Nice!

legendary
Version 1.2.1 is now ready!

Win-QT: https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/releases/tag/1.2.1

Source: https://github.com/ahmedbodi/HoboNickels
Temp Source: https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels (waiting on PR from ahmed)

What is new?:
- Added stakeweight, stakeinterest, netmhashps, netstakeweight to getmininginfo.
- Added RPC Commands listwallets, loadwallet, unloadwallet, and usewallets. For use in Multi-Wallets.
- Moved newmint, and stake to listwallets.
- Changed init so each wallet will get its own thread for staking
- Added drop down for wallets in QT. Not yet functional. Let me know if you like this method for switching wallets.
- Added Debug Window to toolbar.
- Changed Toolbar Icons to be more hobo like. I don't like the transactions one yet, anyone have a better idea?
- Added  Bool Arg -printstakechecksum for ease in updating Stakepoints.
- Added code to mitigate stuck block which cause chain rollback.
- Updated Checkpoints.
- Updated Stakepoints.
- Fixed a few typos.
- Changed PROTOCOL +1 version, so we can see if people are running old version.

Important Information:
   - You must re-download the block chain upon upgrade. So please remove the ( blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat and database directory) from %appdata%. Prior to starting 1.2.1.  Try to do this in a orderly fashion. IE wait for only 1 peer to be at lower block(getpeerinfo)
   - Please be sure to backup all wallets that contain coins. I do not wish anyone to lose coins, due to bugs or misuse.
   - Self compilers will need new boost library -regex. See build info.
   - Please upgrade ASAP!

Multi-Wallet Information:
RPC Methods:
   -listwallets
      -Shows all loaded wallet information

-usewallet [params]
      -Use wallet commands on different wallets
      -Example: usewallet HoboOfflineWallet1 sendtoaddress F4ATvAfwcE5RFn358FS1bxauwoB7Ces7KN 100

-loadwallet [rescan=false] [upgradewallet=false] [maxversion=(latest)]
      -Loads a wallet found in the %appdata% directory. If no wallet by the name is found, one is created.

-unloadwallet
      -Unloads a wallet.

Config and Command line arguments:

- You may use the config line usewallets=walletname or the command line -usewallet=walletname
   - This will load only the wallets you specify. If you do not use either of these, than all wallets in the %appdata% dir named wallet-*.dat will be loaded.  If you specify usewallet="" than only the default wallet will be loaded.
   - You may also prevent a certain wallet from loading at start up by using the argument -nousewallet

Staking:
   - At time of start up all wallets listed in usewallets or all found in %appdata% will each get a thread to start stake.  This should help with CPU exhaustion.
   - When stake is mined on sub-wallets it will not be shown in the gui, but can be seen with listwallets.
   - If you specify usewallet="" than only the default wallet will be loaded and up for stake.
   - All wallets specified by -nousewallet will not be up for stake.

Bugs:

- The GUI is drop down is not working. Not really a bug but just not completed yet. It put it there so I can get feedback on if people like this idea.
   - If a wallet is loaded at start-up, the unloadwallet will cause a hard crash. This is due to the thread starting up the stake, but never getting shutdown. This will be fixed in upcoming release.
   - If a wallet is loaded after start-up with loadwallet it will not be up for stake. It can be unloaded safely though.  This will be fixed in upcoming release.

Bonus:
   - All merchants, pools, exchanges, ect that upgrade by Halloween are eligible for a 100 HBN reward, as a way of saying thanks! Just Post here when complete.
   - Everyone else that upgrades in the same time period will receive 10 HBN. Please just say something you like or don't like about the upgraded wallet.

Future Upgrade Path:

- Complete MW2 Gui and staking/mining
   - Add in Advanced Coin Control with MW2 support
   - Add in transactional messaging.
   - Upgrade to newest btc and ppc/nvc code.
   - Add in Stake for Charity
   - Create new GUI front end for Charities. HBN Hope Building Network?  More clean professional.
   - ?

Hopefully everyone enjoys the new features and we are back on Cryptsys.  Sorry this is a bit rushed. I wanted to get further along before it was released, but well...  

If you have any ideas or problems. Let me know.
legendary
Looks like we just got re listed on Cryptys!  1.2.1 out very soon.

Big thanks to CoinEx for sticking with us during the issues. Thanks guys.
legendary
What's going on with HoboNickels?
I can't use the latest windows client for about a week. UI became very slow, almost unresponsive.
I tried to redownload the chain, but it didn't solve the problem.
I never saw such behavior in other crypto clients.

Activity: 73
Merit: 11
What's going on with HoboNickels?
I can't use the latest windows client for about a week. UI became very slow, almost unresponsive.
I tried to redownload the chain, but it didn't solve the problem.
I never saw such behavior in other crypto clients.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
we changed our pools to stratum with vardiff.

please change your settings, we will close getwork soon.

https://coinex.pw/mining/pools/HBN
legendary
1.2.1 Seems to be mining and staking nicely with both default and extra wallets.

23:25:20

{
"" : {
"balance" : 55.00000000,
"keypoolsize" : 102,
"keypoololdest" : 1382576905,
"newmint" : 10.00000000,
},
"4kHBN" : {