Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL bitcoin? why and why not? - page 4. (Read 1846 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 08, 2017, 10:23:47 PM
Yes HODL bitcoin of course, who wouldn't hold bitcoin when its price is almost constantly increasing. If you want more profits though then this'd be the best coin to invest in.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
December 08, 2017, 10:15:47 PM
Do so, because trading in the short term is random and everyone makes less money trading than holding in the long run. Technical Analysis of charts does not affect future outcomes, because game theory makes you indifferent from buying or selling in the short term. If you invest do so in the long term. You can do short term buying and selling if you believe the underlying is worth a certain price and the actual price is above or below that number. I guess that is considered trading too, but what most people do with trading is going to cost them money because they overcomplicate things.

If you are bearish on Bitcoin then obviously you shouldn't invest in it. Bitcoin faces many threats. Government intervention and Bitcoin developers not delivering scalability solutions.

People on here often say that the government can't stop Bitcoin, but they don't really understand how the world works.

The government cannot stop bitcoin but they can slow adoption, they could ban it, regulate it to death, try to block traffic to sites like this one, that will kill the desire of any wall street wolf to get some bitcoin but it seems most governments are not going that route and think they can get something out of bitcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
December 07, 2017, 10:33:29 PM
Hold or not it's all depend on the trader themself.
for me it would be better for you to hold it as much as you can until it get listed on CME group's future in the next few days later,
and sell it a day or two before the listing because whenever we're reaching the news mass dump will happen just like before.
but it does not matter if you keep holding it if you only want to hold it for a long time (approx for more than 5 years no less than that).
because everything can be happen with it,we may be can see the dump or we may be not.
lately we heard a lot of positive feedback from people around the world,
like regulated exchanges in japanese,listing on CME group's and many more in the next few months.

do not hold Bitcoin if you do not have a financial back up,
because with it you can lose all of your money and of course it will affect your real life so bad.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
December 07, 2017, 10:04:36 PM
HODL bitcoin? why and why not?
Long time bitcoin holders have their strategies to hold their btc for a long period of time because they believe in bitcoin to change their life through times.Its price now has truly fluctuated to almost $19000,for long time holders that buy bitcoin in  the most cheaper price already seen the perfect time for exchange in fiat..but i think that doesnt come up with those holders to sell their btc because bitcoins price continue to rise without any corrections for the past few days.. its price has surpass everyones speculations this year and still continue to rise.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
December 07, 2017, 05:18:40 PM
HODL means Hold On for Dear Life but the current market position puts the holders in dilemma to wait for price to rise more or sell before the bubble bursts. Bitcoin has reached beyond everyone exception, Seriously who would have though that Bitcoin could shoot up to $16,000 in really 2-3 months. Bitcoin faced many challenges and threats on its journey and now it stands with such a growth that everyone is worried about its bursting. According to me the choice is your as no one can give you the proper estimation of price. Bitcoin may touch $30,000 or may explode nothing is assured.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 07, 2017, 04:19:29 PM
Holding would be a better option. The market price and charts speaks for itself. Why wouldn't you want to hold your bitcoin and make passive income with the rise of the price of bitcoin?
Selling bitcoin or cashing it out for fiat means your loss of opportunity.
Activity: 224
Merit: 41
December 07, 2017, 03:37:06 PM

Hold because this is a contributor in the increase of Bitcoin's price. It contributes in the scarcity of Bitcoin in the market that plays a major role in its current price. Holding Bitcoin is the most convenient way to earn in the long run. This is very advisable to those who does not know how to trade effectively. By holding, a person could earn just by waiting until the price increases and not taking risks of continuous selling and buying a.k.a trading.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 03:18:02 PM
I've been holding bitcoins for several months and I understand that this is the right strategy. If I continue to hold, then my income will increase several times. This is the main incentive for not selling coins now
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
December 07, 2017, 03:13:18 PM
Of course that seems to be the most convenient option in these times of great volatility, because even if the bitcoin suffered a sharp correction in coming days, the price increase has been so great that we would certainly close the year with big profits. However, given the great news that bitcoin is making a world mainstream, it seems to me that there is a greater possibility that the price will continue to climb towards the threshold of $ 20,000 before going back to $ 10,000, so holding seems the best decision.

However, it would not be a bad idea to cash out a bit of your bitcoins to have some liquidity these days of uncertainty.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 286
December 07, 2017, 02:55:26 PM
i think at this price It is difficult to hold  bitcoin
Perhaps he will sweat sooner or later
hold in this degree or in this level is not good

It may be back to 10 k
Activity: 479
Merit: 105
December 07, 2017, 02:31:49 PM

HODL it means you believe the potential of bitcoin in the future.
You believe that bitcoin investment will be profitable
if you love money and want to be rich, why not invest bitcoin?
Holding gives opportunity for every investors for more growth of profit. There is a chance that bitcoin price will still to continue to increase the reason why need to study the market first before doing some trading because there are times that it is more profitable for the long term that short term but after trading you can still hodl it.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 03:09:27 AM

Why ? because a lot of holders are making a lot of money  Why not ? ... no is good alway.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
December 07, 2017, 09:20:42 AM
The point here is that, you should be wise enough to know when to hold and sell your bitcoin given a specific time. Knowing this gives you a huge chance at maximizing your profit when selling bitcoin. Technically speaking, it is good to hold on bitcoin if you are unsure on what will unfold to bitcoin's price but if you are brave enough to take the risk so that you will earn faster in bitcoin, take the chance and see what happens.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 07, 2017, 03:06:49 AM
Before, HODL or Holding is suppose to be a long term investment, where you will buy coins at a lower price and hold coins until prices goes up. But, with the BTC price moving up faster than ever, Holding is now considered as short-term. And at this point, its still the best and safest way to invest rather than any other crypto investment out there. I'm not saying that you should put all your money in, invest what you can afford to lose, just allocate a little percentage of your paycheck to your bitcoin wallet which might accumulate over a period of time, if you save religiously.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 112
December 07, 2017, 02:09:57 AM
Hold because in the end of 2018, we might see bitcoin hitting $50k. The way it's going up.. i am pretty sure about it.
dont expect to much mate. Much better to wait after end of 2017 before you jump to 2018 .we need to focus on this scenario  cause bitcoin is now on the moon.  There's a chance that bitcoin will fall after it hits the 20k value. We need to wait the result after year end. Rather than expecting to much .
Activity: 266
Merit: 222
Deb Rah Von Doom
December 07, 2017, 02:09:26 AM
Why:
1. Security - not losing your coins to a mistake, a hack, an exchange, a government, etc.
2. The safest long term plan if you truly believe bitcoin is going to $1M or whatever
3. Tax reasons

Why not:
1. You're a bear, or
2. You cant stand to temporarily be down 80%, or
3. You want to try to daytard, or
4. You dont want to have to have inactive money for a number of months or years while btc goes sideways and would rather use the cash on other trades that are going up more rapidly, or
5. You need to buy a car, house, hookers, coke, etc.
Activity: 67
December 07, 2017, 01:52:29 AM
Always and dont use or sell your bitcoin, in the next following years bitcoin will increase its value drastically and you will have more profit.
Im just keeping my bitcoin and not using them to any sort of transaction with this i can have a better future when i retire.

how do you say so that bitcoin will increase more and it is a good investment plan?
Activity: 67
December 07, 2017, 01:48:29 AM
we need to hold bitcoin in the long run. but for short term i think the top is already here @ 15k dollars
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 03:30:51 PM

It is the best way today to earn simply holding Bitcoins. Just do not follow provocations when Bitcoin starts to follow. This crypto will grow, thus I hold BTC.
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
December 05, 2017, 02:43:52 PM
You hold the bitcoin it will helpful to future growth and gather more information. Bitcoin is change the prices day by day so it will hold the bitcoin on time. So you will gather information to the bitcoin price list. It will help to plan to work and process. You will learn the bitcoin process. If hold the bitcoin it will help to improve your business process and future investment.
Pages:
Jump to: