Pages:
Author

Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere - page 18. (Read 6228 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 108
September 18, 2018, 03:00:41 AM
There are a lot of theories about effectiveness of this strategy, however, i find it usefull and easy for realization
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 02:56:23 AM
hold the coin is a safe way when the price of coins debased. If you hold a coin that has the potential certainly will benefit. While it's certainly a lot of people who hold a coin because prices are currently falling. And take advantage of this situation to invest. By investing you can buy coins at low prices.
 Its true mate, holding coins for long term is the wisest way to gain more massive profits when the stability of the market will come over and consistently grow. This bearish scenario is a huge opportunity to buy or invest more coins while the prices are cheap.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
September 18, 2018, 02:54:14 AM
yes you are right to hold the assets that you have you will not be able to go anywhere and cannot buy other coins because your capital is stuck in one coin but at least you can avoid any losses and your trading capital can be safe.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 02:51:07 AM
You have to hold the potential coin. That might bring you profit.
But this is not always so, of course, HOLD today is a very necessary procedure that will store a very large amount of potential, because it is through HOLD that people become rich, do not they?
Activity: 392
Merit: 27
September 18, 2018, 02:46:07 AM
Actually hodling will definetely bring us to the moon. dont afraid of correction, whales just try to get your coins
Activity: 407
Merit: 3
September 18, 2018, 02:44:02 AM
hold the coin is a safe way when the price of coins debased. If you hold a coin that has the potential certainly will benefit. While it's certainly a lot of people who hold a coin because prices are currently falling. And take advantage of this situation to invest. By investing you can buy coins at low prices.
Activity: 308
September 18, 2018, 02:26:20 AM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

Holding is very necessary at the times right now, since the market is dropping and all you can do is to hold your coins, that is the reason why you also need some time to hold your coins and not to always sell or trade in the market.
Activity: 209
Merit: 3
September 18, 2018, 02:25:26 AM
I think it is precisely with hodl then we will get what we want. because the goal is to make the hodl we get price match the target we want. It is often convenient hodl so I did.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
September 18, 2018, 02:20:35 AM
It really does depend on the individual coin, but you should also think of it as a comparison strategy to trying to trade your way to profits in a coin which is never easy to do successfully. For instance if you were to pick out the top 25 coins right now on coinmarket cap and buy into 1 or several of them and just put them on one side for a few months, no doubt you will see that those coins will have increased in value during the period. With new ICO coins it is a bit of a lottery as to wether you will see an increase in value or not.
Activity: 434
September 18, 2018, 02:15:26 AM
the price will go up if not indeed all hold. but the price also will not go up when all the selling and this will be even more and down more than the previous value. many who prefer hold because they argue it is more secure than having to sell in a losing value. Indeed there was not much that could be done when the hold. waiting for recovery to occur is one path that can be taken.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 02:09:00 AM
I disagree to an extent, yes if everyone is holding then the price will not go up but that does not mean that holding is a bad way to make money, that is how I have made the majority of the money I have made from the market and I remain a holder. I just think that we should all use some part of our holdings as currencies to keep the market moving
Activity: 84
September 17, 2018, 05:44:22 PM
Yeah, HODLing adds nor subtracts nothing from or to you stored tokens in your wallet. All it adds up is anxiety and worry. You might want to hodl but then be very mindful the kind of cin you hodl and how long you hold them
Activity: 364
September 17, 2018, 05:38:34 PM
To properly store coins in the long term, you need to select them correctly. Coins in which there are no prospects, it makes no sense to keep for a long time.
Activity: 140
September 17, 2018, 05:28:50 PM
The more wait for people the more will be will proceed minus value of all cryptocurrency capitalization. We need great panic right now.
Activity: 270
September 17, 2018, 05:24:19 PM
I think he is right when says "The price will never rise if everyone HODls!"
Cryptocurrecy was invented to replace money for trading in the internet. If everyone just hold them then what is the reason cryptocurrency exists? A thing can survive only if it is used for a purpose

No! He is definitely not right! It would presume that we have a closed circle of users, who is in crypto now and no one else! Crypto can only grow with growth of the community! If all of us hodl and wait for new adopters price is going to rise! But if we trade and sell low (its the only way to sell right now) price is going to fall even more and turn new investors away!
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
September 16, 2018, 08:48:14 AM
Hold for me has always been something very, very serious because it seems to me that the Crypto-currencies must exist and the prices that we can see on the market today obviously do not satisfy many investors, so now there are opportunities for new investors who will later cry not bought today.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 08:45:12 AM
Sometimes the strategy held can bring very steep dividends. But it must be really very experienced in the market and startup prospects. I think this depends on the coin we hold.
Activity: 140
September 16, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
Well with the market situation  that has being persistent obviously shows that hodling will get nobody anywhere though.
Activity: 602
September 16, 2018, 08:37:41 AM
On the one hand it is true and seems that you were affected by negative trend. On the other hand hodl strategy did really work during 2017 bull run,prior to hype. I believe that next bull run will happen after ETF implementation and mass crypto adoption. HODL strategy will definitely work , because current capitalisation of crypto market is too low. 200-300 billion is very weak market. We haven't seen money flow here in crypto yet. just hold on guys, don't constantly buy and sell, it will get you nowhere.
Activity: 9
September 16, 2018, 08:17:56 AM
It is usually good to hold when the market prices are down. But when it is necessary, you can just sell.
Pages:
Jump to: