Pages:
Author

Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere - page 40. (Read 6228 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 10
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
May 15, 2018, 09:24:11 AM
You're wrong, look at how many people have earned over the past 2 years, just holding your coins. You're just looking at a short time.
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
May 15, 2018, 09:21:58 AM
Ohh Dude Holding of shittycoins will get you nowhere for sure. There are a lot shittcoins, but if you'll hold some of major coins like ETH or EOS or just bitcoins it will gie you porifit certanly. You need just choose right.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 09:18:38 AM
It depends in the coins if you are holding a coins that has no potential you cant gain more profits of that you should hold a potential coin in order to have big profits.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
May 15, 2018, 09:07:59 AM
If you are investing in long-term projects HODL is a good option. Especially if you don't want to waste your time looking at the chart all the time and worrying. Trading takes tons of time. But make sure to invest in coins with a future because 90% of the coins or even more will fail. I always invest in protocols such as ZRX, Zilliqa, Aternity, Wanchain, and similar.

Check out this article about the origin of the world HODL Cheesy

https://coincodex.com/article/1679/what-is-hodl/
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
May 15, 2018, 09:02:23 AM
for a quality , i will hold it for a long time . i will not care about the price drop in the short term . but there are some rubbish coins , if you keep holding it , you will lose all your money .
Activity: 309
Merit: 102
Presale is live!
May 15, 2018, 08:36:27 AM
The fact that something did or does not work out for you does not meant that it will not work out for the next person. For new investors who are just starting out you cannot possibly expect them to jump into trading coins when they do not yet understand the market. So holding is the best option for them and they can make a lot of money from it as  long as they buy low and sell high.
Activity: 24
May 15, 2018, 05:51:19 AM
nice one thumb up but everybody with there strategy what works for you might not work for me
Activity: 25
May 15, 2018, 05:41:55 AM
I dont agree with you in some points. It depends on which coin you hold. Yes you are right if everybody holds coins, there will be no value. Some will sell, some will buy and some will hold. And also there are some coins which should be hold.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
May 14, 2018, 07:54:51 PM
FALSE. Maybe you have just said this because of your past experiences. Holding especially a good crypto would give you huge profit. Good examples are etherium and Bitcoin which had a huge price increase within two years. When it comes on ICO or bounty tokens, we have to face the fact that only some are profitable of holding.
Activity: 151
May 14, 2018, 07:43:28 PM
For me holding is the best way of earning more profit but it depends on what token your holding if it is shitcoin or it has a potential to rise this coming bull market, we know that market price may up and down and its normal and holding is the best way of it.
Activity: 472
Merit: 100
Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!
May 14, 2018, 07:40:14 PM
I believe that holding is the best option as long as you know what are you holding. For example I don't care about any correction if I have only Bitcoin and Ethereum. Doesn't matter how much will the price drop, I know that will raise again.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
May 14, 2018, 07:39:04 PM
We just have to hold the coins we think will go to the moon. No need to hold it all. just hold that according to prediction will be sold and the price will increase in a few weeks. Do not expect too much on coins that are not yet clear. We should not be too relaxed and just sit waiting that everything is like magic. Could suddenly.
It means that holding won't work at all times even we can say this certain coin will have a good future. I've never fun of holding, I'm selling off my coins when it have a good price and gain profit, and then I'll just buying back when it fall back. That's the way I work in crypto, it hope it works into the others. It only be needing a smart decision and closely monitor on the market chart.
Activity: 350
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable
May 14, 2018, 07:31:45 PM
hold ico tokens are more risky than hold coins that are certain because most of the projects take a long time to realize the development, market listing and also some external problem from the project itself
Activity: 280
May 14, 2018, 06:44:16 PM
As you posted you are investing and holding ICO Token, this from my point of view is very risky because the rate of ICO Token will drop very quickly and the chances of recovery in the exchange rate are meager. So if you are holding, the more you swing the exchange rate will decrease, and you will lose a lot. It is, therefore, better to exchange all of the ICO Token to ETH then hold it to be safer and more profitable.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
May 14, 2018, 06:35:53 PM
I think that you don't understand how market works...the less is the available number to buy - the higher is the price...
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
May 14, 2018, 06:33:36 PM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

Of course hodling is not the best strategy for everyone. But it is for most people.

The ones that are capable of daytrading and can manage to profit off of that should go ahead and do just that. But the majority can't do that, and instead of losing money, they're better off hodling whatever the dips may come and go.
Activity: 462
May 14, 2018, 06:31:56 PM
For me holding is an investment strategy. It means you have horizont of investment, targets and you do research the market. If you have these points to look on, you will always achieve your targets - so you will go to somewhere.  Wink
Activity: 99
May 14, 2018, 05:42:46 PM
It all depends on the coin you're holding not all Coin are worth holding really, but if you have a good project and Active team then holding the coin might be a life changer irrespective of the ICO performance...
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
May 14, 2018, 05:40:50 PM
Did anybody do a post-ICO statistics? To check how many ICOs saw their price crash after listing, and how many of them did some nice 2-10x?
Activity: 364
May 14, 2018, 05:36:59 PM
Everything depends on the success of the ICO project and its team. If the ICO project is good, then its tokens will grow on hold. However, many tokens are released from hastily prepared and not fully thought out projects, or they are of no use to anyone. Then their retention will not yield any profit.
Pages:
Jump to: