Pages:
Author

Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere - page 44. (Read 6228 times)

Activity: 548
Merit: 12
May 10, 2018, 01:06:04 PM
Yes, in principle, the person who can hold as many coins as possible for the future, because the price will be amazing, it all depends on how much money you invest and what altcoin in hand, not all coins will be potentially very good in the future, at where the new altcoin competition everywhere makes a bit of a split in the demand of each coin, so choose a coin that will definitely be very good in the future.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
“Crypto Depository Receipts”
May 10, 2018, 12:11:15 PM
Holding is good, if you hold the right coins
but, trading is better because you can make profit in short period time

There's a big difference between holding and trading, they have advantage and disadvantage, for example in bitcoin, bitcoin is a long term investment, so if you do trading on bitcoin you cant earn more profit enough because bitcoin is not like it rise or falls in a short period of time. While holding if you buy bitcoin and you hold it wait till it rise then with that you can earn profit easily. So better to hold than do day trading.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
May 10, 2018, 12:01:42 PM
You are wrong, there have been very many cases where holding got people a lot of money , where coins have went on having 100x value since the ICO. And by the way, holding means more than 3 months..
Activity: 451
May 10, 2018, 11:53:45 AM
no matter you talking whatever, I still believed that hold is best way to gain high profit, but not all the coin is suitable to hold for long term, dump coin early and you'll cry later, trader is for instant profit, but you need to smart become trader, remember everything is possible in crypto market
Activity: 912
Merit: 100
May 10, 2018, 11:48:52 AM
There is some truth in this. Not all coins are destined to grow constantly. It is necessary to catch the moment to sell coins at the maximum price. And it is correctly said that only demand can affect the growth of value, and if it does not, then it is necessary to sell until the price has fallen lower.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
May 10, 2018, 11:44:58 AM
Holding is good, if you hold the right coins
but, trading is better because you can make profit in short period time
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
May 10, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
I agreed to certain extent of OP, the price won’t move if everyone hold. But in reality, I don’t think everyone will be holding for the long term. There are day traders, coin buy back from developers, people selling coins for emergencies and etc.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 11:39:22 AM
Many coins are on the same price range for months if not for years.
If there are fundamental reasons for growth, then the price will increase.
The less supply + the more demand = the higher price.
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
May 10, 2018, 11:35:42 AM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
agree becuase of too much ico there are  too many choices to buy and the fact that token is hard to have a demand it will push the price down even -1000% from ico price  . Do not just hold choose a coin before you buy it and search for everything you want to understand and why do you think it will have thier own demand.
Activity: 201
May 10, 2018, 11:25:47 AM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

i am agree with your last word. instead hold, just buy more potential coins for adding to your portfolio.
but holding is good if you hold a potential coins. if you sell the potential coin now, im afraid you will be regret later.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
May 10, 2018, 10:30:47 AM
HODLing got me some big payouts. It’s a hit-or-miss thing. I guess I’m just lucky with my choice of ICOs. Background checking on the companies also played a good part.
Activity: 210
May 10, 2018, 10:24:51 AM
With hold if the altcoin token price is low, wait until the price goes up and we get a profit. Economically we get added value from the sale of the token altcoin. But in trading we need a relatively long time because waiting for the price to go up as you wish.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
May 10, 2018, 10:24:12 AM
If you hold an electronic currency, you will have the opportunity to earn very high profits. That can only happen when you have a potential coin. But keeping it can cost you a lot of money. That happens when you keep your coin unpowered to compete ... Generally keeping or not depends on the coin you choose.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 10, 2018, 10:15:35 AM

And I would tell you that it depends on a coin that you are holding..
I am a bounty hunter so every altcoins that I am holding since last year were all earned through participating signature and other types of bounty campaigns but I choose to hold them no matter how the pumping and dumping is going on along the way whether the crypto market is in crisis or recovering.
What I know that is my crypto assets were increasing in price value and it's because I am holding.
When you dump your coins too soon, you'll never have  the chance to earn more and higher.

Not all crypto coins that you decided to hold are worth it and profitable, there's some coins from ICO's are worthless or a scam.
Holding is better than selling, but it depends on  the potential of the coin that you trying to hold.
Activity: 563
Merit: 101
May 10, 2018, 10:03:04 AM
Research your own cryptos and build a diversified portfolio so you can at least hedge some of the specific risk of holding only 1 crypto.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
May 10, 2018, 10:12:05 AM
In my own opinion, it really depends on the coin and how it is being used by the public. Also, price will increase if there is a relevant news related to the coin. So still, holding can really get you somewhere.
Activity: 308
May 10, 2018, 09:58:15 AM
I'm holding means I do not sell at low prices. I only sell when the price increases to reach the target that I set.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
May 10, 2018, 09:58:10 AM
I think you're wrong on what you have said to "The price will never rise if everyone HODls" Instantly this was a very efficient to boost more the campaign because it will increase the supply and demand of ICO due to a lot of investors will attract to invest in a project. If that ICO are not in the same cases i think it could be a shitcoin too.
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
May 10, 2018, 09:50:49 AM

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January

my opinion is also good if we survive in the long run, because for us it will generate a lot of bitcoin in the future, because as we know bitcoin prices every day always rise higher than before, so we will more easily generate profits at higher .
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
May 10, 2018, 09:46:36 AM
You right and when you choose ico or coin you looking for demand for a coin in the future. And hold, because you know that will be demand for a coins.
Pages:
Jump to: