Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding 5 years a just a imagination - page 7. (Read 3403 times)

Activity: 1904
Merit: 447
July 08, 2021, 09:03:02 AM
this depends on which coin or altcoin we will choose to invest. maybe certain unpopular altcoins will pump in that time, but those new altcoins can also crumble to ashes. but for me long term, I prefer long term safe altcoins like eth and bnb. choosing a new altcoin for the long term I think is like gambling, if we research it wrong
well, in this case, NEM is also a good coin, it's just not the right coin. if you plan to hold on for a long time, choose a coin with a pretty promising prospect for the future, for example like BNB, or ethereum.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 291
https://duelbits.com/
July 08, 2021, 08:50:24 AM
Only some investors can hold the coin for many years, but when the results they get can be satisfactory then it is a very good principle because it has a high level of patience in investing, but storing potential coins for a long time I think it does not hurt because if there is an increase in the price then the profit earned is very large.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 565
July 08, 2021, 05:39:05 AM

we keep the coins at least 5 years , but its too long imagination.  you can proof it. 2018 early NEM coin was top 6 Marketcap now 56. so keeping its useless. we have to updated everytime and get the action the correct time and exit.

Now i think bear market is going on , so holding for 4,5 years just a imagination. specially i have to say that TOP 5 coins , we must keep  most probebly they will surpass the All time high again.

what all your perspectives?

That id the thing. It doesn't necessarily mean that just because people suggest to HODL means you should hold on to every and any coin/token. Most of the top coins/tokens we knew from back in 2017/18 are not the ones in the top 10/20 now so what happens if someone was still holding on to those and they couldn't recover from that bear market as expected? I believe that I will only continue to HODL on Bitcoin and Ethereum for longer periods really while for other coins/token I can buy back when the next circle starts if I want to invest in any. HODLing is not for every coin/token.
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
July 08, 2021, 05:08:39 AM
Our purpose to  purchase cryptocurrency is to make profit. Five years is a long time. For general encryption projects, there may not necessarily be good returns. For Bitcoin, I can consider a cycle of 5 years or even 10 years.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
July 08, 2021, 04:51:27 AM

we keep the coins at least 5 years , but its too long imagination.  you can proof it. 2018 early NEM coin was top 6 Marketcap now 56. so keeping its useless. we have to updated everytime and get the action the correct time and exit.

Now i think bear market is going on , so holding for 4,5 years just a imagination. specially i have to say that TOP 5 coins , we must keep  most probebly they will surpass the All time high again.

Well its true some are not perfoming well but i do hold since 2018. You can search UBT which a good project from germany. They got a lot of customer this year and the price doing quiet well IMO. i do think holding coin still the best way for me in crypto world. Trading not for me cause its full of emotions and make you hard to sleep.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
rocket.hashbon.com
July 08, 2021, 04:32:17 AM
actually, it depends on what coin is held, if indeed the coin has good prospects then it will be profitable. otherwise, if it has bad prospects then it will not mean anything. I think that keeping coins for 5 years is long enough and for coins, the prospects for coins must be seen whether they are good or not. It's hard to accept the fact that I've been holding an old coin and it hasn't paid off because I feel that way too and it's stressing me out a bit. but it doesn't need to be thought too far and at this time you have to focus more on good coins and follow legit projects so that the results are also good.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
www.licx.io
July 08, 2021, 04:18:18 AM
Holding coins for years to come is still a gamble that's why I recommend top 5 altcoins for long term hold and also it's a bad idea to hold a coin for that long instead of building a portfolio instead, this will crate more chances of success than holding a coin
Yes, in general it is still better to hold five good coins than just one coin because with five coins we hold, we can expect a little more profit for the future if market conditions can improve and allow for hope.
Activity: 120
Merit: 15
July 08, 2021, 03:42:39 AM
Holding coins for years to come is still a gamble that's why I recommend top 5 altcoins for long term hold and also it's a bad idea to hold a coin for that long instead of building a portfolio instead, this will crate more chances of success than holding a coin
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
July 08, 2021, 02:14:01 AM
this depends on which coin or altcoin we will choose to invest. maybe certain unpopular altcoins will pump in that time, but those new altcoins can also crumble to ashes. but for me long term, I prefer long term safe altcoins like eth and bnb. choosing a new altcoin for the long term I think is like gambling, if we research it wrong
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 07, 2021, 02:01:18 PM
And that is what makes holding for so long so difficult if you are investing in one of those new coins, the market moves extremely fast if the developers are not able to keep up then a coin that once was considered to be the very best and at the edge of the technology suddenly is completely outdated, which is why the developers are so important when it comes to the long term value of a coin, because if they are not dedicated and take too long to update the code then the value of the coin will most likely plummet at some point.
It is true that if the team is slow in the development, people will move on as there are other interesting projects that could come up with updates and pump the market. I know many projects in the past failed to gain attention after the initial hype because they were really slow in coming up with updates and development and eventually people will move on to other investment opportunities.
Which is completely natural, I mean that are many coins released each day and we know that as soon as any new project that has a chance of becoming successful appears many clones are created almost immediately with similar names, at that point it is a race and the developers that are the most dedicated will win over the long term, so if the team of the first coin that created a new concept is too slow to update their coin then someone else will take the lead and will probably never release it as they become more popular than the original coin.
Activity: 854
Merit: 109
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
July 03, 2021, 02:28:25 PM
I do not know the future of altcoins, but coins such as bitcoin, BNB, ETHEREUM, DOT, ADA are very promising. Therefore, it seems quite logical to invest in such coins in a long period of five years.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
July 03, 2021, 01:39:11 PM
And that is what makes holding for so long so difficult if you are investing in one of those new coins, the market moves extremely fast if the developers are not able to keep up then a coin that once was considered to be the very best and at the edge of the technology suddenly is completely outdated, which is why the developers are so important when it comes to the long term value of a coin, because if they are not dedicated and take too long to update the code then the value of the coin will most likely plummet at some point.
It is true that if the team is slow in the development, people will move on as there are other interesting projects that could come up with updates and pump the market. I know many projects in the past failed to gain attention after the initial hype because they were really slow in coming up with updates and development and eventually people will move on to other investment opportunities.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
July 03, 2021, 01:11:02 PM
Developments in blockchain technology are quite fast, every project must be able to keep up with existing developments otherwise they will be left behind even with new projects, as is currently the trend with DEFI, then every project that follows will grow rapidly while those that do not follow will stagnate even decreased. So we must continue to pay attention to the development of the project we are investing in.
That is indeed true, and honestly it is difficult to see such situations coming. Not only the projects itself must be then look upon but also the consideration of how developers are working for the project. In doing so, progress and incompetency could be somehow observed.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 03, 2021, 01:04:14 PM
Developments in blockchain technology are quite fast, every project must be able to keep up with existing developments otherwise they will be left behind even with new projects, as is currently the trend with DEFI, then every project that follows will grow rapidly while those that do not follow will stagnate even decreased. So we must continue to pay attention to the development of the project we are investing in.
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
July 01, 2021, 05:44:11 AM
it is undeniable that not all coins have good prospects for long-term holding or long-term investment like btc. maybe some will be lucky to hold but some can lose, so it is important to choose a really good coin to invest by researching it first. I also have some coins that I still have and I hope the price will go up. a lot of new coins that appear and make the old coins that are not so good even worse. the crypto market is indeed risky if we can't manage our assets properly so i will be more careful.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
July 01, 2021, 12:00:29 AM

You let your greediness make a decision for you, it's ok for Bitcoin because whenever it goes down it always goes up again, but when it comes to other coins we cannot compare it to Bitcoin and there's a possibility that it will not go up again if it goes down one example of this is Tron been holding Tron for years but until now it failed to break it's an all-time high, even in a bull trend.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 326
June 30, 2021, 11:56:38 PM
You need to strategize when you trade, bears or bulls, if you commit a mistake then you have to learn from it.
Yes, mature strategies can reproduce opportunities in gaining profits, but when our strategy fails, we must learn what makes us fail so as not to repeat again.
We have to go ahead with the plan to learn the techniques it will be much easier to avoid risks and increase your knowledge and skills if you go ahead with the plan by doing soil research. It is not a fantasy to invest in the right currency it is possible to make a profit with long term investment.
TWW
Activity: 1456
Merit: 109
June 30, 2021, 11:47:49 PM

Altcoins are never meant to be holding for long term according to me.
And if you still want to try your luck, then unfortunately you will face losses only.
Op you have already shown us a clear example, how a coin can keep you bankrupt.
So yes, holding coin for 5 years of long term will only be an imagination.
Better try to trade daily and different varieties of coin.
very reasonable. especially with altcoins that are not popular in the market, it will be very easy to lose and regret investing in the long term.

I myself prefer short-term investments of 5 months-1 years. It also depends on the asset I choose. as well as day trading, sometimes our inability to choose assets makes it difficult for us to do day trading. but if we can do it, it is very easy to make a profit by day trading.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 30, 2021, 11:38:36 PM

Regarding myself, I'm hodling all my cryptocurrencies forever, there is no selling on my side. Those digital currencies are the future, if you think good why would you sell?
FOREVER? lol don't fool everyone here because there are no such thing .

Even those early adopters  gone sold their coins when the price increased Hugely .
copper member
Activity: 2156
Merit: 536
Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC
June 30, 2021, 11:34:01 PM

Altcoins are never meant to be holding for long term according to me.
And if you still want to try your luck, then unfortunately you will face losses only.
Op you have already shown us a clear example, how a coin can keep you bankrupt.
So yes, holding coin for 5 years of long term will only be an imagination.
Better try to trade daily and different varieties of coin.
Pages:
Jump to: