Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding coins - page 6. (Read 2353 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
January 17, 2019, 09:49:53 AM
Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet like electrum and Hodler wallet?

Until now I only use MEW as safe storage for my coins, use exchanges to trade but never hold it for long term period ( exchanges more risky ). People has different reason but I know that MEW is enough. As long you never share device & network, always check link address everything will safe. Meaning use platform/ system you know and never protect it with easy way because scammer/ hacker mostly use hard way to stole your asset.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 17, 2019, 08:57:10 AM
Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet like electrum and Hodler wallet?

There are few coins that I would suggest you to regularly have in your portfolio:
  • ADA
  • XRP
  • EOS
  • ETH
  • STRAT

But, depending on the FA and TA you need be changing the portfolio.

TA of STRAT:

Stratis (STRAT), a platform focused on blockchain development, recently announced the release of the new Stratis Sidechains and Smart Contracts coded in C#, marking the production release of both sidechains and smart contracts which made it fall in the category of the top coins in 2019.

Bullish Case:
STRAT has broken the long term downtrend line(dotted) with 200 MA(Moving Average) and have moved significantly(150%+).

It has tested resistance(red bar) 0.0004500+ satoshi level and it's undergoing a correction(dip) and testing the first support level(green bar).

Bearish Case:
If the support level doesn't hold then we might see the last line of support level around 0.0001800-0.0001400 Satoshi. Breaking this level would be super bearish for the asset.

For Chart: https://coinswitch.co/news/top-3-hottest-coins-in-jan-19-read-trx-ada-strat-price-analysis

It moved 30%+ from one of the support zone(0.0002437 sats)
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
January 17, 2019, 04:34:12 AM
Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
As a holder, my advice is you should store your coins in a safe storage before you do hodl. Holding coins in a exchanger is really a risky decision because you do not have control to your coins. It is really good to store our coins in a hardware wallet for us to ensure the safety of our coins.
absolutely right and don't forget to strengthen the security of our wallets, because now there are so many hackers in the crypto world that will target our valuable assets
When we think of long term holding, security needs to be given preference. Looking on these many hacks it gives an insecure feel having our assets on exchanges. We cannot say they are cheating, with technology anything could happen. Hackers were much focused on cryptocurrency knowing the growth it has acquired over the years compared to several other investments and technology related investments.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
January 17, 2019, 04:24:17 AM
Effective hodl strategy requires a user who have various of information. They cannot increase their investment if they do not have enough information and experiences. I hold only few coins because it is really hard to find a coin that have enough potential to survive in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
January 17, 2019, 01:13:16 AM
Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?
As a holder, my advice is you should store your coins in a safe storage before you do hodl. Holding coins in a exchanger is really a risky decision because you do not have control to your coins. It is really good to store our coins in a hardware wallet for us to ensure the safety of our coins.
absolutely right and don't forget to strengthen the security of our wallets, because now there are so many hackers in the crypto world that will target our valuable assets
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
January 16, 2019, 11:58:58 PM
~

I prefer those desktop wallets (open source) like Electrum. It provides me a segwit address which could prove useful in lessening the fees I make in sending funds to other addresses. Somehow I have two different wallets having their own different uses:
From Electrum Wallet: I use them in some serious storage of my BTC in an isolated laptop/desktop computer that won't be used that much in connection in the Internet to avoid malicious software in gaining potential access to my private keys.
From Coins.ph Wallet: I just use them whenever I use something to buy credits for my mobile phone, and sometimes I use it to withdraw out my BTC to cash when I need it. Paying bills also is a plus, but I never quite used it though.
Depends on how you manage your funds on the preference of the wallet you use.
I once use electrum and I find it great since it is open source. its just that it can only hold bitcoin which cannot store other alt coin I prefer. I found the Hodler wallet which is the only multi open source wallet available. i have transferred my funds in Hodler, and exported all my wallet from jaxx to it. So far, I find it it great and nothing something strange happening.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
quarkchain.io
January 14, 2019, 10:49:19 AM
I HAVE My bitcoins in a hard wallet but my altcoins are stored on Mew. i prefer Mew Because i can sell it off anytime. i don't personally like to save altcoins in a hard wallet.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
January 14, 2019, 09:56:32 AM
But in other countries they have there own cryptocurrency wallets thats compatible in every coins as mentioned like btc,eth,bch and xrp for those wallets not usable it may cause a bad sign of your funds.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
January 12, 2019, 01:33:51 PM

If you want to hold your Bitcoin electrum is one of the good cold wallet to storing it. Though, holding some altcoins in the exchange platform was also a good thing as long as the exchange has a good high volume in the market, just like Binance, Okex, Coinbene, Idax, Lbank and Kucoin are all good place to store your coins as long as you activate 2FA to all exchange which I had mentioned. 
Activity: 491
Merit: 105
January 12, 2019, 11:49:57 AM
It all depends, I don’t store my coins one place, I separate them. The coins I want to do trade with goes to exchange and they don’t stay long on exchange cause once I’m done I quickly move them to my main wallets (wallets, cause not one). I make use of hardware wallets, software (including mobile wallets), but they are just few –Blockchain and Nano S Ledger are my main.
January 11, 2019, 11:29:50 AM
Agreed with you! Its best to store in a hardware or a wallet that provide full control of private key. Basically, that would be open source wallet. I'm now using a secure wallet called Hodler and I find it good so far. Hodler will also launch their hardware wallet very soon.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
January 11, 2019, 12:35:20 AM
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2019, 10:39:59 PM
See when the prices are decreasing in the market, the very good option is to hold the coins instead of selling them for loos. Holding will always help us to make some decent profit when the market starts recovering. So always try to stay strong when the market cap is going down.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
January 10, 2019, 05:43:52 PM
If you do choose to store coins on Blockchain.com or any other web wallet, make sure you're using 2FA and all security measures available so your account doesn't get bruteforced or hacked into. Blockchain.com provides a nice instructional guide on how to do so in this article (click here). I've had an account broken into on Blockchain and its funds emptied last year, and though I moved the majority of my funds to the hardware wallets I now own, that was still a sizeable loss for me. Don't be complacent with security.
Activity: 1236
January 10, 2019, 05:03:26 PM
i have been holding my bitcoin at blockchain.info and I never have any problems with them.  My ethereum is also hold in myetherwallet also I never have problems using any of this.  I also store all my tokens at myetherwallet and what I do carefully with is my private keys.
You are really wise person because you chooses good wallet. Bitcoin has best wallets in market but same  as you I prefer using blockchain as it’s the safe one and it has ability to keep your bitcoin for as long as you want. Holding is good option for all of us in this market condition so keep holding as much as you can.
Activity: 994
January 10, 2019, 02:43:43 PM
I store my tokens on exchanges about 10-15%, 60% on online wallets, and cold storage has not even started to use
  It could be your own choice but the purpose must be earning. So holding is the gate to succeed in crypto currency. Choose the best wallet when you think to hold as there are so many in market. Cold storage is over now people are holding in wallets I prefer to hold my coins in block chain as it’s the most trust worthy coin holding wallet.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
January 10, 2019, 04:42:34 AM
I think it is logical to store your precious coin in different wallet based on the amount,  the time frame of uses and investment purposes.  I  only put the coin I need to trade with or use for another investment in exchange,  and I  use these coin between 24hrs period.  Every other coin is either in cold storage,  hardware wallet or a third party wallet with my private key!
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
January 10, 2019, 03:38:07 AM
instead of holding crypto coins in exchangers it is safe to hold these coins in hardware wallets like ledger nano and trezor both the hardware wallets are secured wallets we can store coins by backing up private keys in safe place
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
January 09, 2019, 10:28:24 PM
Without hardware wallet, I feel unsafe to hold my coins! Because I have faced a big Myetherwallet hack! Hold coins in exchange is nothing but a bad idea! Exchange can be hacked or even exchange hack your coins and then go away! So, always store your coin in a safe place like Hardware wallet or metamask or others secure platforms!
for the long term, you really have to use a safe wallet to hold it back. you should use a lot of security additions like 2fa or any
verification, it will add to your wallet's security dude, hardware wallet is also quite safe for long-term wallets
January 09, 2019, 07:53:48 PM
I am a adventurous person so I will choose to store my money in the Exchanges. This job is very convenient for me in trading transactions, making the flow of money be made and creating accumulation for myself. That's great
Its actually convenient but not so sure about the security of your funds since you don't have the full control of it. I still prefer storing in a hardware or an open source wallet which provides private key, this gives me freedom from third trusted party which is the whole idea of cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: