Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 47. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 858
Merit: 13
Christ The King
January 05, 2019, 09:28:49 AM
I have multiple currencies in different wallet. I really don't know the coin that will Lambo first, so I try to accumulate as many as possible I can get. I have miss out in some good projects because of falling in love with a particular project that would later broke my heart because it will later dump beyond comprehension. Varieties is the spices of life.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
January 05, 2019, 09:19:27 AM
I'm currently store mine in different kind of wallet. I store my erc20 token in mettamask and mycrypto and non erc20 coins in their native wallet.
It may be convenient to use opensource multi wallet but i prefer to use hardware wallet as it's more secure (planning to buy one).
choosing a safer, there must be someone who wants his wallet safe. each choice must be good but also has risks because each risk depends on the size of the risk. holding lots of Altcoin is usually not in one package and sharing with others may be safer, and many more may be suggestions for safer and avoiding bad things.
Thanks for giving your opinion. I also shared my coins into different wallets so if i lost my access to one of them (either forget the seed accidentally or get phished), i still have another.
Activity: 249
Merit: 10
January 05, 2019, 09:02:39 AM
I'm currently store mine in different kind of wallet. I store my erc20 token in mettamask and mycrypto and non erc20 coins in their native wallet.
It may be convenient to use opensource multi wallet but i prefer to use hardware wallet as it's more secure (planning to buy one).
choosing a safer, there must be someone who wants his wallet safe. each choice must be good but also has risks because each risk depends on the size of the risk. holding lots of Altcoin is usually not in one package and sharing with others may be safer, and many more may be suggestions for safer and avoiding bad things.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
January 05, 2019, 08:47:34 AM
Activity: 238
January 05, 2019, 08:28:35 AM
I want to have bunches of wallets in light of the fact that for me it will be more secure regardless of whether my PC is assaulted by malware, it will make my coins more secure than those put away in a solitary wallet. and furthermore I don't care for introducing wallets on my PC so every time I have spared my coins I will uninstall the wallet and spare my private key in other equipment.
Activity: 206
January 05, 2019, 08:16:06 AM
It isn't that simple to keep yourself of the advancement of a large number of the altcoins so I don't think it speculation shrewd to keep a significant number of them. Keep just couple of strong undertakings is the best activity and among those few, you will unquestionably hit the nail on the head and get something unmistakable out of them.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
January 05, 2019, 08:00:21 AM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

Like they always say, only trust hardware wallets. It looks good but it has to be proven before I try that but currently I always left my tokens on reputable exchanges. And for bitcoin, I only use electrum.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
January 05, 2019, 05:12:26 AM
I also like holding multiple coins, because every price movement from each coins are diffrent, there are very fluktuative and there is also a relatively stable but from there i take profit in trading. And to save these coins, I just rely on MEW, I have never tried another wallet but so far MEW has no problem for me.
You can try MyCrypto. This is a desktop wallet which is made by the same team as MEW. It is more comfortable

I haven't heard about that. Currently I'm giving a try with Hodler wallet. So far, so good. All my preferred coin is safely stored since it is the only open source wallet. They also have desktop version of the wallet which works same as MEW since it hold ERC20 tokens. I'll check abiut your suggestion, you may also look at Hodler to see for your self.
Activity: 173
January 05, 2019, 03:21:35 AM
Multi-source wallets do help with storage crypto, but I still think that all crypto should not be stored in the same wallet, which is dangerous.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 6
January 05, 2019, 03:06:14 AM
I am satisfied with the standard web wallet MEW. I have been using it for a long time, since the main portfolio consists of tokens of the standard erc20, so I see no reason to have other multi-currency wallets.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
January 05, 2019, 02:45:26 AM
For these purposes, Myetherwallet is quite suitable for me, in my opinion it is quite a convenient and easy-to-use wallet!
Activity: 807
Merit: 251
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
January 05, 2019, 02:42:45 AM
I also like holding multiple coins, because every price movement from each coins are diffrent, there are very fluktuative and there is also a relatively stable but from there i take profit in trading. And to save these coins, I just rely on MEW, I have never tried another wallet but so far MEW has no problem for me.
You can try MyCrypto. This is a desktop wallet which is made by the same team as MEW. It is more comfortable
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
January 05, 2019, 02:38:39 AM
I don't use hardware wallets but I prefer using multiwallets with backup phrase that can be imported into another wallets like coinomi and it the coin is a high valuable one I will use offline wallet
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
January 05, 2019, 02:36:53 AM
I do like to keep multiple coin in my wallet. and to do that i chose to split them into several different wallet, but not too many wallet, cause it could expense more fee if i use too much wallet to keep all the coins that i had.
Agree, to much wallet will cost more fee. That is why it might ne a better choice to have one of a kind wallet which offers security  that could hold most of our preferred coin. Luckily, until now while using Hodler I feel no worry and it great so far.

it doesnt cost anything to store a coin into a wallet but it does a fee when you send a  coin into your another wallet howeer the fee is not that big becuase you are using an altcoin not bitcoin . why did you need alot of wallet to hodl multiple alts where you can  use one wallet to hold them all ?  in that you way you will not worry about the transferring fees . you can also use hardware wallets  if you are really conscious about your security  .

holding multiple altcoins isnt bad at all but it is also beneficial because you minimize the risk of loosing and the same time you also maximize your potential income as long as you choose the best alts on the market .
Activity: 456
Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace
January 05, 2019, 02:30:07 AM
holding various types of altcoins seems like a step that has a very high risk because the price of an unstable and full of altcoin prices will keep you stuck at a high price, but if you have the courage to enter and hold various altcoins as it would benefit long-term later when altcoin prices can rise to be expensive again.
I will not save a lot of coins, I prefer to store 2 types of coins that have high selling values such as BTC, ETH.
I saved both coins because the altcoin value depends on the BTC value. so saving the best coins is safer.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
January 05, 2019, 02:25:59 AM
I think that holding multiple altcoins is useless, because many of them can be scam. I prefer to hold just some of them, for example 5-7 different coins.

If people hold the best of the altcoins after their research and find that in coming months it has  huge scope and its demand will eventually pick u in coming months that coin could lead to be a great coin and will help you to make money from it.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
www.licx.io
January 05, 2019, 02:14:43 AM
holding various types of altcoins seems like a step that has a very high risk because the price of an unstable and full of altcoin prices will keep you stuck at a high price, but if you have the courage to enter and hold various altcoins as it would benefit long-term later when altcoin prices can rise to be expensive again.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
January 05, 2019, 01:47:01 AM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
I do not think that holding many different altcoins is one good thing. Because that will distract us very much in deciding to sell or hold.
I think the best strategy is to only hold 3 altcoins, I understand it the most. We will know what to do when its price is low or its price is inflated.
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
January 05, 2019, 01:43:52 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
January 05, 2019, 01:11:32 AM
I do like to keep multiple coin in my wallet. and to do that i chose to split them into several different wallet, but not too many wallet, cause it could expense more fee if i use too much wallet to keep all the coins that i had.
Agree, to much wallet will cost more fee. That is why it might ne a better choice to have one of a kind wallet which offers security  that could hold most of our preferred coin. Luckily, until now while using Hodler I feel no worry and it great so far.
Pages:
Jump to: