Pages:
Author

Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc - page 13. (Read 62760 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
December 20, 2017, 06:43:58 AM
If want to stable your value , go with gold. It's really good for the saving purpose. But if you're looking for an investment which could bring you profit but it's risky, go with holding BTC.
Activity: 222
Merit: 11
Create Your Decentralized Life
December 20, 2017, 03:17:17 AM
The fundamental difference between those two is that gold would probably still have some value if there were a very drastic catastrophe (because it always had some value) and BTC would just vanish when there is no longer the network infra structure for it. I admit that is a very drastic scenario, but some people are buying gold coins for exactly this possibility.
Apart from that I think that only time will show. Now BTC had a very good run but its history is much shorter than that of gold. Gold is seen as an asset in almost all cultures around the world and has this status already basically for ever. Bitcoin however is quite young and I guess it will take some time to build this trust, or it won't be that stable at all and will rather prove as a short-term investment.

In old times, holding of gold was the best way of making some good money but with the passage of time, things have started getting revolutionized. Now-a-days, it is none other than that of holding of bitcoin which is the most effective way of having some handsome amount of money after some period. The market price of bitcoin is increasing significantly which is helping the owners of bitcoin to have more money.
That were old time now no one give a single word about gold and all this is because of bitcoin taking over every type of investment in list and now holding gold is not that much beneficial because its values are stable and don’t fascinate users completely whereas bitcoin values are volatile and people feel it more as blessing and I think there is no comparison in gold and bitcoin because gold is now in history of economics books.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 20, 2017, 01:53:03 AM
If for the long term, I would prefer a holding gold. holding btc for long term is very risky, because some countries have started to ban btc. for the short term, btc might be safe. but for the long term, gold will be more profitable because it is definitely worth going up and there is no problem with the government.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
December 20, 2017, 01:33:22 AM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
The evolution of Bitcoin is more spectacular then gold pricing so i go with bitcoin holding, easy money if you have some funds.
The risk is here so no easy money for me, but even with that big risk, I am willing to take that for bitcoin
because I believe that it will change the world in the future, I am a gambler so I am not afraid of taking risk as long as I believe it has a good potential.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 19, 2017, 05:29:33 PM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
The evolution of Bitcoin is more spectacular then gold pricing so i go with bitcoin holding, easy money if you have some funds.
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
December 19, 2017, 04:24:38 PM
Not all are fans of gold though there countries like India, Nepal and Sri Lanka who regard gold as a store of value. An asset. I have a Nepalese friend who told me in their place if they dont have gold they are very poor. They base their security economically on the amount of gold they hold.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
A New Era in Genomics
December 19, 2017, 04:08:54 PM
Hodl BTC
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
December 19, 2017, 04:08:23 PM
Bitcoin is better one cause you will be able to earn more than in investing in gold, and you won't wait so long cause gold could pump but in longer time comparing to bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
December 19, 2017, 02:09:21 PM
It's clearly that holding gold is more stable than holding Bitcoin but the advantage of holding Bitcoin is the profit.
Nonetheless, gold is a source of investing as well as saving the price of gold tends to increase over the years. However, its price can fluctuate in short periods. Gold can give profits if retained for few years. On the other hand, Bitcoin nowadays is giving high profits in literally no time. In terms of ROI, Bitcoin outscores gold business on almost every ground. You just need to start investing in Bitcoin now.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
December 19, 2017, 07:03:45 AM
i have recently been thinking of buying some gold because at the moment all i have is Bitcoin or crypto.
and to coin the old phrase "dont put all your eggs in the same basket".
While I have faith that bitcoin will rise in 2018 and FIAT becomes devalued more and more I think Gold would be a good choice as its a physical item and not FIAT.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
December 19, 2017, 06:03:18 AM
I think holding bitcoin and gold is profitable and indeed it is, always try to diversify your portfolio and invest on something blue is your starter,
Both are good choices if you have plenty of money to invest but if you have limited investment and want some good profit in return, then obviously bitcoin outstands gold because of its volatile nature.

Gold is very much stable and it provides profit not much often rather you need to wait too much from selling gold at high prices whereas bitcoin is often pumping and dumping, providing you with opportunities of selling it for profit.
Activity: 83
December 18, 2017, 03:43:31 AM
It's clearly that holding gold is more stable than holding Bitcoin but the advantage of holding Bitcoin is the profit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
December 18, 2017, 12:26:36 AM
In my opinion, obviously btc has a high value but it could not compare to gold. Gold has a stable and high value it couldn't change the fact that gold is part of our generation thats why for me I would like to hold gold.

They say btc is much better to hold, yes its true because btc has a double value than gold but we dont know if btc will be forever but bitcoin will be forever.
Activity: 826
Merit: 281
December 17, 2017, 09:04:39 PM
Holding gold is good , because the price of gold always stable and if the price decreased maybe not much.
but if you hold btc , you buy at cheap price , but if u waiting for 2-3 years and hold your bitcoin , the price will raise more high than your buying price.
i better prefer holding bitcoin because the price is fluctuate maybe can rise more high , and maybe can decreased , its just your chooice.
Activity: 55
December 17, 2017, 08:56:36 PM

Holding gold and holding btc, can't believe the year you raised this question, gold holders can't imagine how good is to hold BTC two years later.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
December 17, 2017, 08:55:51 PM
For me holding of gold is a long term and never be end or fade. Bitcoin maybe similar to temporary. Im not sure the future of bitcoin because this is only a currency that convertible into cash. Bitcoin compared to gold, Im favorable to bitcoin on how we can earn fastiest comparing to gold. We pray that this currency will continue because many people benifited and bitcoin helps also to the people belong to poverty level. Their's many life change because of bitcoin. Improving life in terms of financial needs.
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 17, 2017, 07:56:44 PM
Holding gold right now is the same as holding gold ever has been in history. It isn't even that important compared to Bitcoin which is evolving so rapidly compared to anything else. Gold is just  aprecious metal/commodity like Silver, Diaomds, etc. There is no reason to invest into it over Bitcoin, because BTC has way more upside potential without any question.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
December 17, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
I think holding of bitcoin is better than holding od gold because its storage is practical, tax free in addition we can also easily to take it when we have a sudden need. bitcoin prices are also rapidly rising so we can benefit quickly.
Gold they say is a stable investment because when the other investments come crashing down, Gold is the only investment that will be left unscathed, i can't tell the same for bitcoins since their has any crisis recently but in all investments, its about making money and bitcoins is currently light years ahead of Gold on that regards. But i will hold both because the unexpected happens at all times.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
December 17, 2017, 05:52:06 PM
I would rather hold btc , easy to take everywhere and it keeps increasing in value.
Altough i think there is much more risk.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
December 17, 2017, 03:21:49 PM
I think holding of bitcoin is better than holding od gold because its storage is practical, tax free in addition we can also easily to take it when we have a sudden need. bitcoin prices are also rapidly rising so we can benefit quickly.
Holding of bitcoin is much more better than holding gold because bitcoin will always give you profit and in gold you can lose any time any place if you buy gold today and even you want to sell god on same time so it will give you also and if you bitcoin and then keep it on hold so there is hundred present security that you will get a very huge profit from it so I will personally prefer bitcoin instead of gold because I lose in gold so many time.
Pages:
Jump to: