Pages:
Author

Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc - page 23. (Read 62760 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 503
October 31, 2017, 07:49:33 AM
Nothing seem to be comparable, bitcoin depend on a network, gold simply doesn't, gold exists from thousands of years, Gold at least is legalized by all governments. in other side, bitcoin is a digital currency that can be banned by countries in any day, since governments really don't understand it.
If we make a comparison in between holding of bitcoin and that of holding of gold, then we’ll observe this thing that holding of bitcoin is far more profitable and beneficial than that of holding of any other thing. Holding of gold is also a good thing but it cannot help you in making any fruitful profit. If you actually want to multiply the amount of money which you have, then you have to go for bitcoin.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 11:48:57 AM
Maybe for our era, we should have both gold and bitcoin. I think gold will still be valuable at least for the next 50 years....

Having a your wealth store in a gold have an assurance that it is a wealth even after centuries though it can place your life in danger because some will kill for gold. When you store your wealth on bitcoin you won't know if it's value will rise or will fall down though your identity in bitcoin is safe and private. anotheR is that bitcoin is easier to aquire than gold.
Activity: 376
Merit: 251
October 30, 2017, 10:48:23 AM
I prefer to hold more of bitcoin instead of having gold. I know gold is precious and very popular but I don't have enough knowledge on how the market of it works and where I can trade gold with real cash in a day to day basis. I know some pawnshops but their rates are really disappointing and I don't want to talk about gold anymore since I really don't have it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 10:45:02 AM
It can be safely asserted that bitcoin is a functionally improved form of gold.  Choosing bitcoin investment, we have a guarantee that our savings will not be lost due to devaluation, we can be sure that the state will not be able to access our account in any way. Never thought about investing in gold, immediately chose bitcoins.
Activity: 243
Merit: 101
October 30, 2017, 09:35:15 AM
For our generation we are getting a huge advantage.We can hold both gold and bitcoin and earn a huge amount of money from it.For me holding gold and holding btc is the same
I don’t think so that holding of bitcoin and holding of gold are the same things. In fact, there is a huge difference in both of them. For me, holding of gold is a good option but it cannot help you earn any significant kind of profit as the market value of gold is almost stable.

On the other hand, holding of bitcoin actually means that you are going to have much more money than you actually investment after sometime.
I must appreciate your logic of reasoning but the fact is holding of gold is still far better than that of holding of bitcoin. It is because of the reason that gold is having a very stable market price and there are very less chances of getting any kind of loss while holding your gold. On the other, bitcoin is volatile in nature and you never know what will happen in the coming days. So think well before making any decision.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 30, 2017, 09:00:07 AM
Holding bitcoins for long term would be more profitable in compare to holding of gold as no one knows how higher price of bitcoins can go in future comparatively gold is stable and won't go too high even if you hold too long so to get huge profits in long term I think holding bitcoins is the right choice.
Based on the price movement of bitcoin now we can easily tell that bitcoin is more profitable, however this is a question of consistency,
are we confident enough that bitcoin will continue to rise? it's called a high risk investment for a reason why gold is stable and anyone can make money if he invested a decent amount of money.
What if BTC becomes stable too after reaching a certain point like 10k $? I wouldn't even like to think that holding or investing on gold over BTC . BTC might be unstable and hence have high risk associated with it but I would still go for BTC everytime .
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
October 30, 2017, 08:57:56 AM
BTC will give you more profit because it grows like a very big mountain and gold grows very slow it is very hard to compare those two i do not understand why people compare those because gold is something you can were and bitcoin is online money.
I agree.Holding bitcoin is more profitable than just holding gold.Its price is very progressive everyday unlike gold that is constant in value,or maybe increasing in value but not too fast compared to bitcoin.I honestly store gold too and i always wear it,but i am giving more importance in storing bitcoin because i know for sure it will give me the best profit more than what i expected.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
October 30, 2017, 08:36:18 AM
Nothing seem to be comparable, bitcoin depend on a network, gold simply doesn't, gold exists from thousands of years, Gold at least is legalized by all governments. in other side, bitcoin is a digital currency that can be banned by countries in any day, since governments really don't understand it.

Yes they are just completely not comparable except their value in fiat currency terms. It's better to store both of them and diversify your funds in order to stand a chance of profiting from either of them that soars in future.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 06:06:13 AM
BTC will give you more profit because it grows like a very big mountain and gold grows very slow it is very hard to compare those two i do not understand why people compare those because gold is something you can were and bitcoin is online money.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
|| Web developer ||
October 30, 2017, 05:12:06 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
October 30, 2017, 05:03:33 AM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

I think currently bitcoin users will not be able to match the gold users because gold is very long known to people. besides that gold also has a physical that can be carried wherever we want while bitcoin does not have physical, therefore people very much use gold from bitcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
October 30, 2017, 03:46:09 AM
Nowadays it's clearly looks like more people are more focused on bitcoin than gold, because it advantages and its profits are more and more felt by many people in this world. The value that tends to keep increasing from time to time, of course this would be more attractive to many people to invest in bitcoin (holding bitcoin).
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
October 30, 2017, 03:27:08 AM
Holding bitcoins for long term would be more profitable in compare to holding of gold as no one knows how higher price of bitcoins can go in future comparatively gold is stable and won't go too high even if you hold too long so to get huge profits in long term I think holding bitcoins is the right choice.
Based on the price movement of bitcoin now we can easily tell that bitcoin is more profitable, however this is a question of consistency,
are we confident enough that bitcoin will continue to rise? it's called a high risk investment for a reason why gold is stable and anyone can make money if he invested a decent amount of money.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
October 30, 2017, 02:47:03 AM
Activity: 364
October 30, 2017, 02:30:29 AM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

holding bitcoin is more advantageous than holding gold, bitcoin is very advantageous because bitcoin has very limited availability while its very high demand can be a trigger overchart of bitcoin prices and favorable for those who have bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 02:27:00 AM

I prefer to withhold bitcoin rather than gold, because the availability of gold more than bitcoin, while the market demand of bitcoin is very high it is obviously very beneficial for those who hold the bitcoin balance.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
October 30, 2017, 02:22:59 AM
That is why. If we take hold of gold, we will only be controlled by Central banks which certainly hold gold in large quantities. Whereas in bitcoin, no one controls because bitcoin is spread to various parties around the world with limited supply. Bitcoin is a more potential investment trend as money tree better than gold.
Bitcoin being decentralized is effective in every other aspect. You can have more bitcoins in your wallet and no one knows about it. You invest in gold and holding it, and all your neighbors know how much value you have stored. Jokes apart, bitcoin have more potential to produce profits than this gold. So better is to make bitcoin hold for a long time. Gold is not that much profitable.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
October 29, 2017, 03:51:48 AM
For our generation we are getting a huge advantage.We can hold both gold and bitcoin and earn a huge amount of money from it.For me holding gold and holding btc is the same
I don’t think so that holding of bitcoin and holding of gold are the same things. In fact, there is a huge difference in both of them. For me, holding of gold is a good option but it cannot help you earn any significant kind of profit as the market value of gold is almost stable.

On the other hand, holding of bitcoin actually means that you are going to have much more money than you actually investment after sometime.
Activity: 168
October 28, 2017, 01:47:56 PM
Bitcoin is not here to fight gold. Bitcoin is here to compete with FIAT. Actually Bitcoin and gold are very similar as many view bitcoin as digital gold.Gold is a solid but barely profitable investment
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
October 28, 2017, 12:52:31 PM
Holding of btc would better as compare to fiat , Because First it has no fix price and on the top its price change every minute and every moment.
You can sell it anytime and whenever you want. You can store your bitcoin on your wallet but its hard to store gold. I don't think we can earn much as compare to bitcoin  and earning from gold is slow and steady.
Pages:
Jump to: