Pages:
Author

Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc - page 49. (Read 62760 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
June 28, 2017, 12:48:43 PM
why not both of them ? i think with saving 20-30% your profit/money to gold always be a good choice, they already have their own market that can'be ruined by any other thing, even bitcoin i think. Old people and traditional people that can't use technology still hard to believe bitcoin is really exist, but who knows ? we are the next generation of old people, we can teach the next generation  Grin
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
June 28, 2017, 09:28:05 AM
I would always go with holding Bitcoin because that is what I know and what I am familiar with and I do not no a thing about gold.
I think that I am going to search some things about gold and maybe invest in it as well.

If you are rich and you have a lot of extra money then you must invest in gold because it is a good way to secure your money and slowly grow it because gold is one of the safest investment that you can made and it is not hard to have that because there is a lot of seller of gold and also it is easy to secure it by just having a secured vault in your house.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
June 28, 2017, 04:44:36 AM
Personal feeling holding btc than holding some of the gold hedge Kiss
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 28, 2017, 04:21:27 AM
I would always go with holding Bitcoin because that is what I know and what I am familiar with and I do not no a thing about gold.
I think that I am going to search some things about gold and maybe invest in it as well.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
June 28, 2017, 03:23:58 AM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Better to hold BTC than gold. It is easy to earn than gold.
You are true but in terms of stability gold wins on that part, however most of us are looking for an active income
and bitcoin can provide that to us. What I did is I trade bitcoin to altcoins and I can really make it happen to have an active income.
So, if I were to choose I will invest on bitcoin only.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
https://gexcrypto.io
June 28, 2017, 01:51:50 AM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Better to hold BTC than gold. It is easy to earn than gold.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
June 28, 2017, 01:40:43 AM
Gold has been used as a store value for more than centuries.But bitcoin is available only from past eight years.So it makes no sense to compare between the two.But bitcoin is slowly getting the attention of gold investors as it gives huge returns and also its secure since it works on a secured block chain system.But i think its hardly impossible for bitcoin to equal gold holdings since bitcoin supply is limited.
Merit: 605
June 28, 2017, 12:44:48 AM
Lets say there are million of users of bitcoin i think there are still alot of people who holds gold instead,all people who have banks owns gold from the government and all rich people holds it,so i think bitcoins users is still less compared to gold users
Obviously gold is a good hedge for historical reasons, but most people who own gold own it in an exchange-traded fund, which frankly isn't any better than bitcoin.
I agree with that, bitcoin is the new best investment and in terms of marketcap it is getting bigger now which we can
easily analyze that more people are now interested not to only use as a payment system but as investment as well.
Activity: 1593
Merit: 502
June 27, 2017, 11:22:25 PM
Lets say there are million of users of bitcoin i think there are still alot of people who holds gold instead,all people who have banks owns gold from the government and all rich people holds it,so i think bitcoins users is still less compared to gold users
Obviously gold is a good hedge for historical reasons, but most people who own gold own it in an exchange-traded fund, which frankly isn't any better than bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 27, 2017, 10:51:59 PM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
June 27, 2017, 10:31:37 PM

So in essence it's better to hold Bitcoin than gold because due to its high volatility it is likely to grow higher in prices than gold which is somewhat stable and moves in prices very slowly.

Because of that traits, use gold on real world while hold bitcoin on online world. They are different in both ways so it's non sense if we will compare them thru one method of earning which is holding.

Yes, my opinion also. This topic is always argued. There's no way bitcoin will be able to compare to gold. Gold is tangible, use and accepted worldwide even in the ancient times. Yes bitcoin is also valuable for us but few people only know this fact. It will take many years to be accepted by many. Many things will also change like rate and volatility. Of course, there's a similarity between the two but it's not just to compare each other, as they have different characteristics since then.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
June 27, 2017, 09:58:30 PM
In a couple of decades gold will lose its scarcity due to asteroid mining and Bitcoin will become the new global standard store of value. There, I said it.

Asteroid mining is impractical. There are many challenges. First of all, only very small amounts of gold is present in these asteroids, so it will take a lot of effort and time to extract the metal. And secondly, space missions are extremely expensive. You may spend $100 million in conducting one single space mission to the asteroids, and in return you will get $1,000 worth of gold.

Like I said... impractical with current technologies. In a couple of decades, who knows.
The last time I checked the projection was that space mining will become a reality in two centuries, so I do not think it is going to happen in our lifetimes, however I agree in principle, gold may be rare here on earth but as we develop as species we will have access to an incredible amount of raw materials so the only scarcity that is going to exists will have to be created by us.
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
June 27, 2017, 09:12:48 PM
I think it would be best to diversify, both have their own advantge so holding both of them would be better than choosing one.  We can benefits with the high volatility of bitcoin and stable price of gold.  Both are good as store of value though bitcoin might probably have an edge on this but the stability of gold cannot be ignore.  So having both would benefits us if one goes down, we still have the other one to rely on.

I'm also diversifying my budget as well. Putting all the eggs into the same basket is the worst thing you can ever do. If you want to be in safe side, split your money into old and bitcoin.

Agreed as an investor its never smart to put all your money at single place as you never know how your investment will behave in future and if you invest all your money in bitcoins and if it suddenly disappears then it will make you bankrupt so its always good to invest your money in multiple products to divide the risk of loosing money.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
June 27, 2017, 07:16:10 PM
I think it would be best to diversify, both have their own advantge so holding both of them would be better than choosing one.  We can benefits with the high volatility of bitcoin and stable price of gold.  Both are good as store of value though bitcoin might probably have an edge on this but the stability of gold cannot be ignore.  So having both would benefits us if one goes down, we still have the other one to rely on.

I'm also diversifying my budget as well. Putting all the eggs into the same basket is the worst thing you can ever do. If you want to be in safe side, split your money into old and bitcoin.
legendary
Merit: 1153
June 27, 2017, 06:39:13 PM
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 27, 2017, 06:21:34 PM
Holding in gold is much secured because there is an item that you can used while you are waiting for the increase of the value while investing bitcoin is much high risk there is no such thing to secure money even we have private key it is online users do not hold the system and the bitcoin wallet.
Holding of bitcoin vs Holding of Gold i will also prefer to answer that holding of Gold is much secure than holding of bitcoin if you do not have knowledge about bitcoin trading and do not want to get the profit from your money. While if you will like to get a high profit from your money and want to become rich with your money then it is better to hold bitcoin as the future of bitcoin is very bright.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
June 27, 2017, 03:55:37 AM
Both of which have heavy considerations, as both really have great potential in profits if held for a long time. But, if in the form of investments, I would probably choose gold, because so many trials if holding bitcoin.
If you will choose gold then you will need to wait a lot of years in holding to just earn at least 100% of your capital and that is not worth it for a person who only have a small capital while if you have small capital and invest in bitcoin then after a few years it can be easily reach 100-200% of your capital and it will give you opportunities to invest or spend your money in other things that has potential in earning.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
June 27, 2017, 02:08:41 AM
Both of which have heavy considerations, as both really have great potential in profits if held for a long time. But, if in the form of investments, I would probably choose gold, because so many trials if holding bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
June 27, 2017, 12:35:03 AM

So in essence it's better to hold Bitcoin than gold because due to its high volatility it is likely to grow higher in prices than gold which is somewhat stable and moves in prices very slowly.

It's not about being better when it holds. Golds are now used in many ways globally that's why even the price is stable, profit here thru using it is good that worth or even more when they also does holding of bitcoin which tooks time. Gold investors can bag profits even for daily basis for about 100% to 200% profit which is only possible in bitcoin whenever there is a massive price increase.

Because of that traits, use gold on real world while hold bitcoin on online world. They are different in both ways so it's non sense if we will compare them thru one method of earning which is holding.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
June 27, 2017, 12:28:57 AM
You can say that because the price of bitcoin is at top right now, but we don't know is the price of bitcoin will stay on top or not. Holding of btcs is more risky than holding of gold imo, because the bitcoins price can easily going down and go high which is not recommend for holding for long term. In the other hand, gold price is not significanly change, cmiiw.

Gold has been in existence for thousands of years and until the mid 20th century, the fiat currencies were backed up with gold. And since there is limited amount of gold available for extraction in the world, the prices are somewhat stable. But the same can't be said about Bitcoin. It came to existence just 8 years back. Therefore the volatility will be high.
Pages:
Jump to: