Pages:
Author

Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc - page 79. (Read 62760 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 20, 2016, 03:53:46 AM
Holding in BTC is the best thing that you can do now around this time because as you can see you see that the value and using is getting more and that is nice.
Gold will be not that many used later because everything is getting more digital.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
April 20, 2016, 03:15:50 AM
the current price of bitcoin is more promising than the price of gold, maybe I prefer to hold bitcoin than gold, because it may be the price of bitcoin will be higher than at present, apart from that I can also make trades with bitcoin so make bitcoin I have become more many are expensive and time I might be able to sell it at a great price
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 20, 2016, 02:51:49 AM
If I will choose I will hold bitcoin because bitcoin can easily get than gold, in my country it is so hard to have a gold because the price is high and I cannot afford that but here I can farm bitcoins easily and store it on a safe place and gold can steal on my house but bitcoin is stored online or in my computer Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
April 20, 2016, 02:49:00 AM

Well, well, well.  It seems that in the past month or so, Bitcoin's price has been more stable than gold.  I did not know that, but gold's price has been going up in 2016.

Nonetheless, a WSJ article via Facebook (of all places):

https://www.facebook.com/wsj/posts/10154235395168128

Gold is up 17% this year.

The year is not over yet as I still believe Bitcoin will surpass Gold when it comes to gained percentage this year.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
April 20, 2016, 02:36:46 AM

Well, well, well.  It seems that in the past month or so, Bitcoin's price has been more stable than gold.  I did not know that, but gold's price has been going up in 2016.

Gold is up 17% this year.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
April 19, 2016, 11:58:37 PM
both bitcoin and gold are good investments with different opportunities for profit so holding both of them at the same time is very good, especially for diversifying your investment. while gold has less profits (not recently but overall) bitcoin has a much bigger change in price and can give the investors a lot more profit over time.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
April 19, 2016, 10:38:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 19, 2016, 10:03:43 PM
I'm sure gold holder is a way more than bitcoin holder.
Gold is known for a long time, while bitcoin not. People would trust to invest in gold rather in bitcoin.
of course holder more gold than bitcoin. because gold has a much longer lifespan compared bitcoin. they have become popular since thousands of years ago. compare with the new bitcoin few years ago which is still very young. of course people will have more confidence to gold
I just disagree this, either used long ago or arrived few years back, both has its own values. Gold is long term inveitstment but the price won't be too high after years and there comes fear that it can be stolen, but holding bitcoin provides big profits in future and we don't worry about bitcoin as it can't be stolen as control is only with us.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
April 19, 2016, 09:08:45 PM
I'm sure gold holder is a way more than bitcoin holder.
Gold is known for a long time, while bitcoin not. People would trust to invest in gold rather in bitcoin.
of course holder more gold than bitcoin. because gold has a much longer lifespan compared bitcoin. they have become popular since thousands of years ago. compare with the new bitcoin few years ago which is still very young. of course people will have more confidence to gold
Activity: 168
April 19, 2016, 06:50:56 PM
No one can really can compare it.. it obviously needs to match same amount of volume.

But eventually we will get there, just depends on the time length that people start noticing bitcoin more like gold.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2016, 06:29:45 PM
Bitcoin for short term to make quick profits
Gold for long term to make safe profits
Both holds unique features and you need to choose how you want to play.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
April 19, 2016, 06:26:34 PM
Holding gold i consider that it is more risky rather than holding bitcoin because gold is physical and bitcoin is virtual (even though there are bitcoin hardware wallets) but since we are in the bitcoin forum i prefer more holding bitcoin.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
April 19, 2016, 06:22:26 PM
I would choose to hold Bitcoins because not only I but many other Bitcoin users are hoping that the price in the future is high then we have seen before.
So I am also hoping for that to happen I know that it is a gamble but I am confident that it will be alright.

Bitcoin is a much better investment compared to gold. But gold still had much more investments compared to bitcoin.
I would be courious to see some statistics about the users of bitcoin.
I would say that just a minor part of people are a kind of risk taker and major part of the people are safe players.
Some of the risk takers choose bitcoin, some of them won't have a clue about bitcoin. I'm sure there are a plenty of people among safe players who knows bitcoin, maybe they're following new about it, but won't ever get in touch with bitcoin as long as their incomes are not in bitcoin, in order to prevent themselves from the effects of the volatility of the price of bitcoin.
You can only expect bitcoin to be widespread enough if safe players can see just minor risk in bitcoin, but it needs time. Just imagine the evolution of car industry, it took 350 years to get to electric Tesla cars from the steam engine. Generations had time to get used to the cars on the streets, so they are not afraid from them. Bitcoin has not got 10 years yet, so you can't expect the average people (without a bit more special IT or financial knowledge) to trust it similar to gold or any other well known valuable thing to put their savings into.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 19, 2016, 06:01:27 PM
I would choose to hold Bitcoins because not only I but many other Bitcoin users are hoping that the price in the future is high then we have seen before.
So I am also hoping for that to happen I know that it is a gamble but I am confident that it will be alright.

Bitcoin is a much better investment compared to gold. But gold still had much more investments compared to bitcoin.
because the gold is around for a couple of hundred years as an investment option and bitcoin is around only for 8 years, i believe that in the future the situation will change significantly

besides that in my opinion holding bitcoins are way better because it allows you to make some decent profit for just keeping your bitcoins in the wallet and not doing anything else
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2016, 05:53:36 PM

Depends on what level of risk you can afford to take, if you are a safe player then always go with gold, but if you believe in higher risks and higher returns then bitcoin is your answer.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 19, 2016, 05:49:42 PM

Activity: 269
April 19, 2016, 11:03:45 AM
Activity: 420
April 19, 2016, 01:32:33 AM
I think holdings of gold is good for long term investment and holding of bitcoin is for short term investment. And i rather pick holdings of bitcoin,
Activity: 182
April 19, 2016, 01:16:40 AM
Well bitcoin are for the masses and they can acquire bitcoin and hold them to get rich someday because of its volatility.
While in gold its price is steady in the market and not much moving,both are good investment to have and hold for a long time.
Activity: 245
April 18, 2016, 11:24:46 PM
I was always told that gold always goes up in value because their is not much gold left in the world. With Bitcoin this is not the case the price of the Bitcoin is decided in a other way. So I think I would choose gold.

I am not agree with you friend now I want to give you some advice gold price is already decrease but bitcoin price is more than a gold  what happen in future I don,t know but when start in bitcoin have been now good running so I think people should choose bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: