Pages:
Author

Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc - page 81. (Read 62760 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 10, 2016, 03:45:27 AM
holding gold for long term is not even that good, gold is only good to hold for something securing maybe your funds, if you don't want to put them udner your pillow

The reason most people buy gold right now is because gold is stable and is a good way to safe money because people dont want their money to be getting reduced by the inflation. Even if you save your money under pillow, it will always be affected by the inflation rate but with gold its different

yeah but it's not good to hold for long term if you intend to have a huge profit, i don't believe in gold reachign a new peak anytime soon if ever, and at best it will match the last ATH
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
February 10, 2016, 12:12:45 AM
i suggest holding btc becouse its price will be bigger than gold

Best in holding. I think both are best in their own significant qualities. But as said according to now bitcoin best one to hold because of halving and adoption of bitcoin in various business.
Yes bitcoins would reach the value of 1 KG gold as today but would take some years. For me, gold has a higher value than bitcoins as I can get a loan easily by mortgaging my gold but that's not possible with bitcoins. Bitcoins are truly best to hold due to the price votality and I hope they are soon as recognized as gold is today.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
February 09, 2016, 04:13:15 PM

Best in holding. I think both are best in their own significant qualities. But as said according to now bitcoin best one to hold because of halving and adoption of bitcoin in various business.

Yeah, holding gold for long run,
holding bitcoin for short term,
Both will be profitable in future, as price fluctuation in bitcoin will help us to make some quick profits which is not possible in gold.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
February 09, 2016, 03:10:24 PM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2016, 03:00:44 PM
I actually prefer to hold bitcoin, because I believe bitcoin prices will rise and be very high this time, but it saves bitcoin is not cumbersome like storing gold
Activity: 238
February 09, 2016, 01:42:03 PM
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 02, 2016, 02:32:14 PM
With the gold price going up steadily i prefer gold for now.
Maybe the price of gold will go down but never this big as with bitcoin.

Gold is a lot more stable then bitcoin, and got my attention at the moment.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2016, 11:30:26 AM
holding gold for long term is not even that good, gold is only good to hold for something securing maybe your funds, if you don't want to put them udner your pillow

The reason most people buy gold right now is because gold is stable and is a good way to safe money because people dont want their money to be getting reduced by the inflation. Even if you save your money under pillow, it will always be affected by the inflation rate but with gold its different

Yeah gold is great as a long term investment and would be more profitable as compared to bitcoins, but for short term bitcoin is far better then gold, so we need to invest our money in both the products as gold cannot give you quick profits like bitcoins, so diversifying the investment would be a right choice to make.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
January 01, 2016, 01:43:40 PM

Activity: 1204
January 01, 2016, 01:13:43 PM
Today i prefer Gold over bitcoin. Simply because more people know the value of gold.
It's way more stable and it's also a fashion item.
if the price of gold is more stable than bitcoin,, I also prefer to hold gold, why? it is because we can save money we have from emang, and if the price of gold continues to rise, then it will make us profit
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
January 01, 2016, 01:03:53 PM
Gold will never go to zero value.  Bitcoin could.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 01, 2016, 12:20:52 PM
Holding gold for long term maybe is going to be better because gold's price is more stable than bitcoin, but if you like to invest and do trading holding bitcoin i think is a good idea

bitcoin has a higher chance to grow in the future, so if you ant to hold something to increase your money for the future that should be bitcoin
Activity: 504
January 01, 2016, 12:00:46 PM
Holding gold for long term maybe is going to be better because gold's price is more stable than bitcoin, but if you like to invest and do trading holding bitcoin i think is a good idea

If gold price does not change often then what do you like gold then!
I prefer more bitcoin because it is a higher risk but it can be a higher profit (more than double sometimes)
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
January 01, 2016, 10:53:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
December 31, 2015, 02:36:57 PM
Bitcoin is not here to fight gold. Bitcoin is here to compete with FIAT. Actually Bitcoin and gold are very similar as many view bitcoin as digital gold.

But for now bitcoin reserves vs. gold reserves are like 0.01% to 100% which is understandable as gold is with us for thousands of years and bitcoin is not even 10 years old.

Good point. IMO bitcoin is not to be viewed as a store of value, i'd rather see it as a means to transfer value. We wouldn't want everyone to be bag-holding forever do we? It's not healthy.
Activity: 140
December 31, 2015, 01:37:19 PM
I'll always prefer to hold gold. Unless someone dumbs a bunch of radioactive material in your gold reserve, gold will always be of some value. No matter if the economy crashes and we all go back to the caveman days I think you'll always be able to find someone willing to sell you something for your gold.

Bitcoin could be here today and gone tomorrow. While I think bitcoin is a good part of my investment portfolio just like gold. I'd dump bitcoin overnight if I thought it was the right thing to do.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
December 31, 2015, 01:36:29 PM
Today i prefer Gold over bitcoin. Simply because more people know the value of gold.
It is true that it is more stable and the value doesn't change very often.
But bitcoin has a potential that its value can be increased pretty good within one day (by pumping)
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
December 31, 2015, 12:55:23 PM
BTC seems better to be arrested than gold, as we all know the price of BTC may be increased rapidly in 2016, but I prefer both, if necessary  Smiley
Activity: 672
December 31, 2015, 12:42:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
December 31, 2015, 12:34:25 PM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

Holding gold is not the same as holding bitcoins because gold is physical and bitcoin is virtual,
Even though they can be stored in hardware wallets which are physical not virtual, but bitcoin has a potential to grow faster than gold.
Pages:
Jump to: