Pages:
Author

Topic: !!! Honestly Alt. Coin Community ? Look at what your doing! - page 3. (Read 6641 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
CoinTropolis
So much time wasted on nonsense, that's the real issue in this community. Could you imagine if people spent even 1/4 of the time they complain on working on something they support?

I wish everyone the best on their respective projects.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Abstractcoin and Antimatter coin do not implement "cpu" mining or gpus for that matter, do you even reserach before mouthing off? And please tell me what positive contributions have you made to this community that make you such an authority as to speak so boldly against others' efforts?

He scammed others thats his contribution.  Wink
Who Scammed Who ? Take a second to look and read before assuming, child ...

barwizi, what kind of comment is that? lol I would ask the same of you but no one here really gives the community anything, what did I do? I started a genuine discussion in which people are trading opinions and ideas at the moment, thats what.
 I am a MIT graduate in ITTech, and have worked for the Pentagon and overseas with high profile computer applications and software. .. etc...  But, maybe I still dont know what im talking about, I guess those tens of thousands of Bitcoins I bought and mined for basically nothing some years back was stupid too.... lol

1) Noone in the intelligence community freely states where they work or have worked.
2) Being an MIT graduate means nothing in my country, we have our own prestigious universities.
3) My contributions in this community are dotted around and are provable whereas all you do is berate and criticize.
4) If you really had an inkling of programming, you would not make a distinction between an application and software then add etc in the same line.
5) You my friend are a liar, you do not own tens of thousands of bitcoins else you would be trading not wasting time here on ideas you clearly do not appreciate.
Activity: 140
Im not taking it as flak, and how is this statement getting me so much flak, It was posted right before your post?

Well, I have no ambition to state my case or argue with people who "cant argue back like an adult"... I ll just let it be, you guys discuss your alts..

I should have said "this sentiment" not "this statement." That was a mistake on my part.

Now that it's cleared up I would like a true response. I'm not sure why you put "cant argue back like an adult" [sic] in quotes. I don't think you were quoting anyone.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
WorldCoin, PhenixCoin, and FeatherCoin should not be on that list

Yes, yes they should.  They are scam coins.

Hi Smiley Still battling all the coins you don't have? Smiley
That's taking a lot of you time, I guess.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
The only promise now is the script based proof of work/proof of stakes hybrid coins. This coins are resistant to asics and 51% attacks.

Lol yes that lie has worked out so well for Feathercoin.

WorldCoin, PhenixCoin, and FeatherCoin should not be on that list

Yes, yes they should.  They are scam coins.
Activity: 480
Merit: 500
WorldCoin, PhenixCoin, and FeatherCoin should not be on that list.  :p
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Im not taking it as flak, and how is this statement getting me so much flak, It was posted right before your post?

Well, I have no ambition to state my case or argue with people who "cant argue back like an adult"... I ll just let it be, you guys discuss your alts..
Activity: 140
Abstractcoin and Antimatter coin do not implement "cpu" mining or gpus for that matter, do you even reserach before mouthing off? And please tell me what positive contributions have you made to this community that make you such an authority as to speak so boldly against others' efforts?

barwizi, what kind of comment is that? lol I would ask the same of you but no one here really gives the community anything, what did I do? I started a genuine discussion in which people are trading opinions and ideas at the moment, thats what.
 I am a MIT graduate in ITTech, and have worked for the Pentagon and overseas with high profile computer applications and software. .. etc...  But, maybe I still dont know what im talking about, I guess those tens of thousands of Bitcoins I bought and mined for basically nothing some years back was stupid too.... lol

This statement is why you are getting so much flak. Most of the people here are against a lot of the new altcoins, but you only want us to support your cause because it will make you money. You want BTC and LTC to be worth a lot of money. You don't care if they aren't perfect because they were first and you have a lot of them. There are a lot of little tweaks that are necessary before bitcoin or litecoin can be used as mainstream currency, but you refuse to acknowledge that because you supposedly have a lot of BTC and LTC.
Activity: 14

Activity: 509
Disrupt the banking system!
Technically it's a good thing to have all these alts going around. Imagine it was all pointed at LTC. Our rigs would go obsolete quickly. Haha
Activity: 19
Innovation is not the only thing that makes a coin valuable. A well maintained clone has more future than once off ideas that are never improved or maintained. one day the long standing coins may die out due to low maintenance and/or too much squabbling amongst major holders that makes maintenance harder. To put it in perspective... Say the world was using one currency, the "global dollar", and it fell into the pits. the whole world will suffer. Bitcoin plummeted the past two days, but crypto vs crypto altcoin holders only felt a little pinch whereas bitcoiners lost 10-15% value.

Fanaticism is a dying art, intellect and sound reasoning coupled with ideas is the way of life now.....do some homework before you make a fool of yourself.

+1 I agree,  A well maintained an well promoted coin will succeed. But even a coin has innovation without proper maintenance and promotion it will die.

When I say promotion, promotion to mainstream society not to other crypto nerds. And promote it as currency not as stocks or bonds.
legendary
Activity: 882
Innovation is not the only thing that makes a coin valuable. A well maintained clone has more future than once off ideas that are never improved or maintained. one day the long standing coins may die out due to low maintenance and/or too much squabbling amongst major holders that makes maintenance harder. To put it in perspective... Say the world was using one currency, the "global dollar", and it fell into the pits. the whole world will suffer. Bitcoin plummeted the past two days, but crypto vs crypto altcoin holders only felt a little pinch whereas bitcoiners lost 10-15% value.

Fanaticism is a dying art, intellect and sound reasoning coupled with ideas is the way of life now.....do some homework before you make a fool of yourself.
Activity: 36
Altcoins will remain sucky as long as they're fastly developed, pumped up and then dumped and forgot.
When an altcoin with something that is better than bitcoin comes up with proper developers, it might be a good thing

I don't see any proper altcoin (Bitcoin fork) yet.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
These BTCNazis like OP keep forgetting one thing: BTC was the beginning something, not the ultimate payment system what will last until end of the world. Maybe I'm wrong but I think alts are the future.
The problem is not altcoins (at least for me), it's the coins that don't bring REAL innovations
And no, changing the retarget time or the block reward is not an innovation.

Changing SHA256 to Scrypt was one IMO (litecoin)
Allowing transaction comments too (florincoin)
PoS too (ppcoin)

This is just like evolution. A lot of dead ends and a few innovative or highly specialized survivors. This time is something like the early Cambrian era in biology.
I'm fine with that, except when the creators/copiers go to the newbies forum to make them buy their shit because 'THIS IS THE ONLY INNOVATIVE COIN OF THE FUTURE'
That make newbies see the whole cryptocoin community as scammers, and we really don't need that...
legendary
Activity: 1512
These BTCNazis like OP keep forgetting one thing: BTC was the beginning something, not the ultimate payment system what will last until end of the world. Maybe I'm wrong but I think alts are the future.
The problem is not altcoins (at least for me), it's the coins that don't bring REAL innovations

PoS too (ppcoin)

This is just like evolution. A lot of dead ends and a few innovative or highly specialized survivors. This time is something like the early Cambrian era in biology.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
BTCNazis  Grin

IMO innovation is a good thing, ofcourse there are a lot of copycoins, but some seem to be worthwhile.  Smiley
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
why litecoin?   And why is it a waste if some mining it are making BTC (usually much more than they'd make trying to mine BTC directly) via exchange, if that is their goal in mining a coin?
Im saying, its not a bad thing to have an alt community, Mine LTC, Yes of course, more should be mining BTC, or buying BTC, but it should be those two coins... if we all did that, supported it, and PUT AS MUCH EFFORT INTO GROWING BTC AND LTC FURTHER ACROSS THE WORLD AS YOU ALL DO IN MINING AND PROMOTING ALTS THAT DIE THE NEXT DAY, we would all make a lot more money.

I agree, except for namecoin it has its place, plus i get the for free mege mining on doc hariboo's bitminter
legendary

PoS too (ppcoin)
legendary
Activity: 1512
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: